Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Video and Photo Gear

All About Video and Photo Gear This section is for your video and photography gear questions, comments, and experiences

Old 03-22-2014, 05:32 PM   #1
Snowking65

Garmin Virb Action cam.

I just got a Garmin Virb, Really like it so far, But both of my pcs wont recognized the Virb for importing? Keep Saying for me to plug in a Virb to get starting on the import process..... Does any one have any tips or have any exp with a Garmin virb. Im stuck on ver 2.6 since My software updated wont pick up the Virb either.

On the other note Since this is Garmin 1st run at the action camera I might have to GOPRO! seems alot fo software pain in the ass updates.

Has any one have any problems with the Gopro 3+ while Freedive spearing etc, I'm worried about the case that GOpro Comes with, If it fail's underwater most likely ruin the gopro unit.

I may have to return the garmin and go for Gopro IDK any info will help me alot! Also a list for accessories that you use for your gopro while underwater dives would be great to make a list, If I do go for it!

Update
I'm really getting pissed off at this unit. SO after 3 pcs 1 laptop still no go.... windows xp windows 7 pro and windows 8.1 OS........Not picking up the device.. I think it might be time to call in the towel and exchange for the Gopro 8)
Snowking65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 05:49 PM   #2
agualtieri

Re: Garmin Virb Action cam.

I love my gopro, I haven't had the case fail on me yet. I know on the hero 3 they changed the lock so you had to press in 2 directions to release it. But on the 3+ they changed it back to the old way where there's a chance it can fail if you're down real deep. I'm thinking about just getting the hero 3 housing and throwing it in there since it's the same size. It's rated to 131' though. I haven't had any problems with my computer recognizing it, but I'm a mac user.
agualtieri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 06:50 PM   #3
mpostgate

Quote:
I'm thinking about just getting the hero 3 housing and throwing it in there since it's the same size.
Are you sure about that? Gopro literature says the Hero 3+ Black is 20% smaller than the Hero 3.
mpostgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 06:54 PM   #4
agualtieri

I tried it really quick, I threw a hero 3 black in my hero 3+ black housing, the camera's were the same size the housing is what was made smaller.
agualtieri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 07:15 PM   #5
mpostgate

That's cool. My hero 2 has been very reliable for me. When it finally dies, which it will - it's subjected to tough duty, I will replace it with the 3+ or whatever else gopro has available by then.
mpostgate is offline   Reply With Quote