Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing

Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing Post here to discuss regional action or issues about spearing on Florida's Gulfcoast.

Old 06-10-2022, 02:13 PM   #1
Diverboy067

Looking for scuba diver(s) to fill regular spots

I’m looking for a scuba diver(s) to fill a regular spot or two on the boat and a few others to put on the list for fill ins when a spot is open or a last minute trip.
The boat will be leaving from my dock, by the Belleair Causeway. We generally take 4 divers, but will take a 5th occasionally or for a Middle Grounds trip. If you don’t dive with us regularly, invites for Middle Grounds trips will probably be few and far between. When it comes to food and drinks, you are responsible for bringing what you want for the day, you don’t need to bring enough to supply the boat. I always throw a few extra water bottles in the cooler in case someone gets over heated, dehydrated, etc. The gallons used meter is set to zero when we leave the dock, the boat gets 1.0 - 1.4 mpg at 40 mph, depending upon the load. Trips may be anywhere from 15-100 miles offshore. Depending on the trip, the boat usually leaves the dock between 6-8 am and will return when it returns, you will be given an approximate time in advance, if that doesn’t fit your schedule, don’t go. The boat does not have a head, we will stop if needed and you can go off the dive platform or jump in the water. We do drift diving/following divers, there will always be someone in control of the boat top side, we don’t anchor dive or leave the boat unattended. I have a CWP and will have a firearm on the boat. You’re welcome to bring yours as well, just let me know in case of a boarding. There is plenty of dry storage for your bag or back pack with sun screen, change of clothes, towels, snacks, etc. There is both a fresh water and raw water wash down. The boat has all the USCG required safety gear and then some, including my PLB and an epirb. You’re welcome to bring your own PLB and/or ditch bag if you wish.

Please read carefully as I have some specific requirements/rules…if you don’t agree, don’t reply.

1. Be reliable and show up when you say you will…no shows, consistently late or last minute cancels without valid reasons don’t go over well and future invites will become few and far between.
2. Be an overall good person and easy to get along with.
3. Don’t be a Karen….slightly sarcastic is welcome.
4. Everyone on the boat (including myself) is equal and will get the same level of respect and treatment.
5. No politics (or other potentially offensive/divisive topics) will be openly/loudly discussed on the boat, it may not bother me, but it may bother someone else (See #2 & 4)
6. Be self sufficient and have quality gear in good working order.
7. Be an experienced shooter
8. Be comfortable diving 20’ up to 100’ or so (you’ll know the general area or dive plan a day or two in advance, if not more)
9. Be comfortable doing solo dives, they happen from time to time (see #7)
10. Male or female, doesn’t matter (see #4)
11. Be a team player, you will be expected to assist whoever is getting ready to dive by handing them their fins, rinsing out mask, handing them stringers, gun, asking if they need anything, etc.
12. When top side and someone is down, expect to be a lookout or in control of the boat, or both…it’s not nap time ( you have the ride out and back for that)
13. Be a team player, when divers are coming up from a dive, you will be expected to be ready to assist them and take any gear they hand you such as fins, gun and stringer, etc.
14. DO NOT shoot or take any illegal, out of season, short or over the limit fish/creatures/objects. If you’re unsure, leave it there.
15. Don’t have a “fill the box” mentality. Only take quality fish, taking your limit is not a requirement….if you come up with a stringer full of 14” hog fish and 12” snapper, you won’t be coming back.
16. We split fish according to everyone’s preference.
17. NO ALCOHOL (or other mind/mood altering substances) until the last person, doing the last dive of the day is back on board. Once the ladder is up, the flag is down and the boat is pointed towards the inlet, you’re free to get comfortable, relax and enjoy the ride home.

If you have numbers, that is a bonus….I have plenty, but always willing to try or learn new areas.
If you know how to hook and line, that’s a bonus as well. I’d like to learn, but not on a dive trip....

Last edited by Diverboy067; 06-10-2022 at 02:47 PM.
Diverboy067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 04:05 PM   #2
DNAPL

Re: Looking for scuba diver(s) to fill regular spots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diverboy067 View Post
I’m looking for a scuba diver(s) to fill a regular spot or two on the boat and a few others to put on the list for fill ins when a spot is open or a last minute trip.
The boat will be leaving from my dock, by the Belleair Causeway. We generally take 4 divers, but will take a 5th occasionally or for a Middle Grounds trip. If you don’t dive with us regularly, invites for Middle Grounds trips will probably be few and far between. When it comes to food and drinks, you are responsible for bringing what you want for the day, you don’t need to bring enough to supply the boat. I always throw a few extra water bottles in the cooler in case someone gets over heated, dehydrated, etc. The gallons used meter is set to zero when we leave the dock, the boat gets 1.0 - 1.4 mpg at 40 mph, depending upon the load. Trips may be anywhere from 15-100 miles offshore. Depending on the trip, the boat usually leaves the dock between 6-8 am and will return when it returns, you will be given an approximate time in advance, if that doesn’t fit your schedule, don’t go. The boat does not have a head, we will stop if needed and you can go off the dive platform or jump in the water. We do drift diving/following divers, there will always be someone in control of the boat top side, we don’t anchor dive or leave the boat unattended. I have a CWP and will have a firearm on the boat. You’re welcome to bring yours as well, just let me know in case of a boarding. There is plenty of dry storage for your bag or back pack with sun screen, change of clothes, towels, snacks, etc. There is both a fresh water and raw water wash down. The boat has all the USCG required safety gear and then some, including my PLB and an epirb. You’re welcome to bring your own PLB and/or ditch bag if you wish.

Please read carefully as I have some specific requirements/rules…if you don’t agree, don’t reply.

1. Be reliable and show up when you say you will…no shows, consistently late or last minute cancels without valid reasons don’t go over well and future invites will become few and far between.
2. Be an overall good person and easy to get along with.
3. Don’t be a Karen….slightly sarcastic is welcome.
4. Everyone on the boat (including myself) is equal and will get the same level of respect and treatment.
5. No politics (or other potentially offensive/divisive topics) will be openly/loudly discussed on the boat, it may not bother me, but it may bother someone else (See #2 & 4)
6. Be self sufficient and have quality gear in good working order.
7. Be an experienced shooter
8. Be comfortable diving 20’ up to 100’ or so (you’ll know the general area or dive plan a day or two in advance, if not more)
9. Be comfortable doing solo dives, they happen from time to time (see #7)
10. Male or female, doesn’t matter (see #4)
11. Be a team player, you will be expected to assist whoever is getting ready to dive by handing them their fins, rinsing out mask, handing them stringers, gun, asking if they need anything, etc.
12. When top side and someone is down, expect to be a lookout or in control of the boat, or both…it’s not nap time ( you have the ride out and back for that)
13. Be a team player, when divers are coming up from a dive, you will be expected to be ready to assist them and take any gear they hand you such as fins, gun and stringer, etc.
14. DO NOT shoot or take any illegal, out of season, short or over the limit fish/creatures/objects. If you’re unsure, leave it there.
15. Don’t have a “fill the box” mentality. Only take quality fish, taking your limit is not a requirement….if you come up with a stringer full of 14” hog fish and 12” snapper, you won’t be coming back.
16. We split fish according to everyone’s preference.
17. NO ALCOHOL (or other mind/mood altering substances) until the last person, doing the last dive of the day is back on board. Once the ladder is up, the flag is down and the boat is pointed towards the inlet, you’re free to get comfortable, relax and enjoy the ride home.

If you have numbers, that is a bonus….I have plenty, but always willing to try or learn new areas.
If you know how to hook and line, that’s a bonus as well. I’d like to learn, but not on a dive trip....
If I were to make a requirement list, it would be exactly like this one. Great job.
DNAPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 05:49 PM   #3
Tyson Brown
Mer*Man*. Mer-MAN!!!

Re: Looking for diver(s) to fill regular spots

This is perfect. I'm not a regular diver though, so best wishes, but bravo A+ job on the rules.
Old 06-10-2022, 08:01 PM   #4
captadam123

what boat do you run?
captadam123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 08:43 PM   #5
Diverboy067

I run my own boat my wife has affectionately named Sherman.
Old 06-10-2022, 08:45 PM   #6
captadam123

nice, what size, make?
Old 06-10-2022, 08:51 PM   #7
Diverboy067

34’ Razor Cat that I designed from the rub rail up for diving
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2C990443-77DA-44B7-993D-D1696F4D8FAF.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	248134  
Old 06-10-2022, 08:54 PM   #8
captadam123

wow that looks bad ass.
Old 06-11-2022, 09:44 AM   #9
Tyson Brown
Mer*Man*. Mer-MAN!!!

that *is* a tank
Old 06-12-2022, 07:53 PM   #10
grey2112

Looking forward to finally seeing Sherman in person, Brian. Do you still remember how to dive? LOL
grey2112 is offline   Reply With Quote