Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Old 11-08-2021, 10:41 PM   #1
Bob Ballew

Covid-19 Shots vs. Free Diving Issues

...First, let me say, I don't get any shots unless I am in bad shape. Stems from being allergic to getting holes punched in me during my career....Recently, a French world record champion free diver (Florian Dagoury) decided to get the shot. Within 10 days of the second Pfizer shot, he developed myocarditis.
...It is a virus type damage to the heart muscle that is a life time event. It greatly shortened his breath holding ability and his heart rate went up. if you later have heart problems, the combination can do you in. In his case, Florian's fantastic diving career may be over....
... Recently, the shots have been pushed onto teen agers (it is a $60 billion dollar cash cow for the drug companies with large payoffs to doctors who follow the company line). Multiple cases of myocarditis are turning up in teen age subjects who get the shot...It affects boys more than girls...
...I ignore all the talking heads on t.v. and just stay isolated to deal with the virus until things go back to "normal"..My wife, on the other hand, drives me crazy with all the negative findings she researches on a daily basis, many from doctors who are being fired or silenced when they try to put out warnings.
...I can't say not to get the shot, but, it is obvious it will take years to find out what negative consequences will result; ranging from female reproductive issues to organ damage to vital parts like our kidneys...
....Just something to think about; particularly our children and your diving future....
Source: Survival Magazine.org and The Good Wife

Last edited by Bob Ballew; 11-08-2021 at 11:46 PM.
Bob Ballew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 06:21 AM   #2
popgun pete

Re: Covid-19 Shots vs. Free Diving Issues

I had the shots and have had zero problems, better than running the lottery of being flat on your back with tubes stuck down your throat keeping you alive. COVID-19 may not kill you if you contract it, but some world-class athletes have said they have never been the same since they had it and that was months after. Apparently the body’s reaction to the virus can go into overdrive and attack your organs inflicting damage, so as you never know where you will be until you get it the risk is not worth taking. The vaccine injections mimic the virus to produce matching antibodies, they don’t give you the virus as such.
popgun pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 01:13 PM   #3
Behslayer

A friend of mine got Covid and was mildly sick for a few days and had a complete recovery. He was regularly hunting at 120' prior to the Virus and is now regularly hunting at 120' after the virus. He's 23. Another friend got Covid and was knocked out. He did not need to get hospitalized but he was sick and very weak for a month. More than a year later, he still has trouble even walking up a small hill. Before the virus he could hunt at 100'. Now he thinks he couldn't hunt at 10', but it's a non issue because he doesn't feel strong enough to be comfortable to even go diving. He's 50.
Behslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 01:46 PM   #4
Bob Ballew

...As we can all see, this is one of those subjects that can be debated both ways until hell freezes over, with no resolution until the scientific statistics come in over the next few years...
...All we can do as divers, is to absorb what info is available and go with our gut instincts. My survival instinct says isolate, wear masks and wait it out as much as possible...
....Had a major heart attack 5 weeks ago; was hauled to the hospital by paramedics with police cars blocking major intersections (it helps to have friends) and arrived just under the wire for becoming a fatality...99 percent blockage of a major artery to the heart. Thrown onto the table and a stint was placed in to open the artery.
...Three days later, I was home and feeling much better....luck of the draw and The Good Wife ignoring me and calling paramedics saved my bacon...Now, if I had picked up myocarditis prior, I probably would have not survived...Again, luck of the draw.... which is what a lot of life is....The Good Wife says i have used up all of my nine lives and then, some.... Best of luck, whichever way you decide.........

Last edited by Bob Ballew; 11-09-2021 at 01:59 PM.
Old 11-09-2021, 03:33 PM   #5
Behslayer

Bob, I think you got that backasswards. Lucky you didn't get Covid. While Pneumonia is the highest cause of death in Covid patients, a lot of people who die from complications due to Covid actually die from Stroke and Heart Attack. In your case, being older with severe underlying conditions (99% blockage) you are way more likely to be helped by being vaccinated than not?
Behslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 04:22 PM   #6
popgun pete

The danger of the vaccine is infinitesimal compared with the danger of the virus. Don't believe what conspiracy theorists churn out on the internet, put your trust in medical experts who spent years in acquiring knowledge and expertise, put their findings in peer reviewed medical journals where findings are thoroughly examined and analysed. If you are medically compromised check with your medico and base decisions on knowledge, not fanciful speculation by internet trolls who just want to cause mischief or big note themselves. The virus ain’t going away and sooner or later everyone on the planet will be exposed to it. If immunized then while you may still get it your system will fight it off with not much trouble. Otherwise it may be the Pearly Gates or somewhere hotter.
Old 11-09-2021, 08:19 PM   #7
North Star
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by popgun pete View Post
The danger of the vaccine is infinitesimal compared with the danger of the virus. Don't believe what conspiracy theorists churn out on the internet, put your trust in medical experts who spent years in acquiring knowledge and expertise, put their findings in peer reviewed medical journals where findings are thoroughly examined and analyzed. If you are medically compromised check with your medico and base decisions on knowledge, not fanciful speculation by internet trolls who just want to cause mischief or big note themselves. The virus ain’t going away and sooner or later everyone on the planet will be exposed to it. If immunized then while you may still get it your system will fight it off with not much trouble. Otherwise it may be the Pearly Gates or somewhere hotter.
Sounds like you are thoroughly immersed in Australian government sponsored medical propaganda. Research the work of Dr. Peter A. McCullough, Dr. Robert Malone, Dr. Vladimir Zelenko, Dr. Ryan Cole, Dr. Pierre Kory, Dr. Simone Gold, etc.

But then again, your country's dictators have probably blocked internet access to their work. By the way, Marcus has a couple of threads on this site that document the dangers of the poison jab. The sources cited there are well worth reading.
Old 11-09-2021, 09:08 PM   #8
Trailrunner

I am fully vaccinated + booster from Moderna. With the access to information that we have today (assuming of course you are not getting it all from the same place or cherry picking it like Northstar -- at least he is very consistent and predictable), it is relatively easy to determine that for the vast majority of individuals, the risks of the vaccine are dwarfed by the risk of contracting covid.

I will never understand the effectiveness of the disinformation out there today when you consider that virtually everyone has access to good information if they choose to be at least slightly resourceful.
Trailrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 09:39 PM   #9
popgun pete

Check out the COVID-19 vaccination statistics by country.
https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	coronavirus-data-explorer.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	247442  

Last edited by popgun pete; 11-09-2021 at 10:52 PM. Reason: added a graph
Old 11-09-2021, 10:52 PM   #10
Ron S

Looks like a thread that needs to be immediately moved to the politics and religion section…
Ron S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 12:05 AM   #11
North Star
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailrunner View Post

I will never understand the effectiveness of the disinformation out there today when you consider that virtually everyone has access to good information if they choose to be at least slightly resourceful.
I would say exactly the same thing, but the disinformation is coming from the White House, CDC, WHO, NIH, FDA, and big Pharma. Among other things, they have massively inflated the numbers of people who have died from covid to make it look a lot scarier than it is. It has a similar fatality /risk rate as the flu.

Those who are slightly resourceful are those who are refusing the poison jab. They actually looked at both sides of the story.

The poison jab will reveal its ugliness even more over time. Cancers are increasing because of the jabs destructive effect on the immune system, and they will increase dramatically in the years to come. VARES data in this country and others show tens of thousands killed by the jab, and millions with permanent disabilities, like our freediver friend above.

I'll take my chances on my own immune system and early intervention treatments if I contract it.
Old 11-10-2021, 01:15 AM   #12
popgun pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Star View Post
I would say exactly the same thing, but the disinformation is coming from the White House, CDC, WHO, NIH, FDA, and big Pharma. Among other things, they have massively inflated the numbers of people who have died from covid to make it look a lot scarier than it is. It has a similar fatality /risk rate as the flu.

Those who are slightly resourceful are those who are refusing the poison jab. They actually looked at both sides of the story.

The poison jab will reveal its ugliness even more over time. Cancers are increasing because of the jabs destructive effect on the immune system, and they will increase dramatically in the years to come. VARES data in this country and others show tens of thousands killed by the jab, and millions with permanent disabilities, like our freediver friend above.

I'll take my chances on my own immune system and early intervention treatments if I contract it.
I guess you mean VAERS data, but I cannot seem to find it.
Old 11-10-2021, 11:26 AM   #13
Trailrunner

"I would say exactly the same thing, but the disinformation is coming from the White House, CDC, WHO, NIH, FDA, and big Pharma. Among other things, they have massively inflated the numbers of people who have died from covid to make it look a lot scarier than it is. It has a similar fatality /risk rate as the flu."

LOL, yes everything here in the US is a conspiracy to deceive the populace, right. Again, I can't recall many Posts where you have proven to be right over time, but, you are virtually 100% consistent and predictable. I should not even be commenting on this thread so I am gone.
Trailrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 03:30 PM   #14
Bob Ballew

...Unfortunately, it seems all of you are right and all of you may be wrong....personal attacks won't serve any useful purpose and may cause people to depart Spearboard...lets try to keep comments positive and opinions just that..opinions. At present, scientific evidence one way or, the other, is severely lacking....only time will tell..
...I post for one reason only...to provide information that may be useful in each of our lives...
....That said, France has just set new rules that no one under thirty will receive the Moderna vaccine. This is due to recent stats showing harmful after-effects
to young people receiving it. For those of you who rely solely on "science", take it for what it is worth...
...Something I find interesting...Prior years has high counts of flu in the thousands....Recent stats show little flu and all Covid....So, where did the the flu go??? Gross "scientific" miscounting, perhaps? Me, I will stick with gut instinct and what passes for logic at my age..it has served me well over the years...Heck, I am so optimistic, I will be expecting a new wetsuit from Santa and not a walker...hohoho

Last edited by Bob Ballew; 11-10-2021 at 03:44 PM.
Old 11-10-2021, 04:56 PM   #15
North Star
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by popgun pete View Post
I guess you mean VAERS data, but I cannot seem to find it.
Thanks for the correction.

Here is the European data. Note that this is an article from several months back. The numbers are worse now.
https://principia-scientific.com/217...Latest+News%29

Here are the US numbers. They are worse now too.

https://vaersanalysis.info/2021/11/0...gh-10-29-2021/