Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-23-2011, 05:33 PM   #1
SBHatter
aboatnamedgenesis

looking for some reviews of the Cressi Geronimo Elite

Hey,

I'm looking at getting a euro gun soon. Was looking at the Cressi Geronimo Elite Camo 115cm and am wondering if anyone has had any experience with them...(Accuracy, Power, Reliability or Parts, etc..)

Cheers
/Brian
SBHatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:29 PM   #2
hunter991

Re: looking for some reviews of the Cressi Geronimo Elite

I haven't used one myself, but I'm a dealer for them. Parts hasn't been an issue. Cressi seems to come through pretty well with any issues, and supply has been good overall. They have had a few back orders on masks, but other than that everything has been good. I have been considering switching to them myself.
hunter991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:16 PM   #3
almazing

Great gun. Stock setup sucks. The stock band is too long and has a metal wishbone. The stock shaft is really flexible and will cause a bit of shaft whip with 2 16mm bands unless you replace the shaft with a 7mm. You can cut the stock band shorter and still use the stock shaft though. It all depends on what you're using it for.

My former setup was an Elite 105 with 2 16mm bands and a Riffe 7mm euro shaft rigged for breakaway. It was a laser accurate gun. The barrel is awesome because it has a deep groove for where the shaft lays on. The trigger mech is OK as well. It has an adjustable sear position knob and it'll allow you to fit all kinds of euro shafts safely. Just watch out with getting sand and debris in there. It'll seize up on you. Overall, it's a reliable and great gun. I don't have anything bad to say about it besides the stock configuration, but then again, that's with most mass produced guns.
Old 08-25-2011, 02:30 PM   #4
SBHatter
aboatnamedgenesis

Thanks Guys,

Seems like I've been hearing pretty much the same things after asking around for a bit... 1) Cressi guns/components are pretty well put together and are easy enough to come by. 2) The stock setup on the guns is pretty loud and whippy but both issues can be addressed.

Sounds like a winner to me - and for that price, it's hard not to grab one just to check it out.

Thanks again!

Cheers
/Brian
SBHatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 03:27 PM   #5
spearq8

Personally I think 115 is too long for that type of gun. The maximum I would go would be a 105cm. I have the Cressi 115 but really the shaft it came with is so thin that shaft whip is a big problem if you put 2 bands. If you are going for a 115, then I would recommend something like a Riffe 120. Otherwise a 105 will be the correct setup. I use a Beuchat 105 with one single 20mm rubber band and the Omer finned shaft. I like that setup because I can use spectra wishbones. The performance is absolutely amazing and with 3 fin loading tabs very flexible because you can dial in the power you need.
spearq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 03:51 PM   #6
Markio
Shoot to eat

I owne one and i love it, I recommended to another diver and he loves it.

True, the one band set up is not great, I replaced it with 2 bands, carefull not to go too short cause is a thin shaft and too much power seems to cause shaft whip. you can also load them in the front fins to reduce the punch. The gun is balanced sooo nicely for a 115, not heavy on the nose. The reel is a little cheap but reliable(rinse often and pull the line from time to time).

Great value.

*Oh yeah they scratch easily.
Markio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:44 PM   #7
Wanjiru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markio View Post
I owne one and i love it, I recommended to another diver and he loves it.

True, the one band set up is not great, I replaced it with 2 bands, carefull not to go too short cause is a thin shaft and too much power seems to cause shaft whip. you can also load them in the front fins to reduce the punch. The gun is balanced sooo nicely for a 115, not heavy on the nose. The reel is a little cheap but reliable(rinse often and pull the line from time to time).

Great value.

*Oh yeah they scratch easily.
Good advice and another strong vote for the Cressi Geronimo Elite

Wanjiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:48 PM   #8
Wanjiru

This Speargun Cressi Geronimo Elite - YouTube video on the Geronimo Elite is pretty good. Worth watching.
Wanjiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:14 PM   #9
ChadMcD
Vegas Spearo

A two year old thread, good job Wanjiru!
ChadMcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:42 PM   #10
spearVibes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadMcD View Post
A two year old thread, good job Wanjiru!
spearVibes is offline   Reply With Quote