Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Pacific Northwest

Pacific Northwest Tell us about hunting in the PNW here!

Old 09-20-2015, 12:22 AM   #1
quattroluvr
Leigh

Send a message via Skype™ to quattroluvr
1st video (belated) Neah Bay

Hi all,
With some help from my son's video editing, here's my 1st video submission. From Neah Bay from last year. Credits to John for his GoPro camera work, very hard to frame a video target with no feedback from a viewfinder. Sorry for the blur but want to keep H&L lurkers guessing.
https://youtu.be/P0gZVUTamJ8
Quattroluvr
quattroluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 01:02 AM   #2
Blazing07
Don

Re: 1st video (belated) Neah Bay

Great video!
Blazing07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 05:13 PM   #3
kehloken

Watch out for Duncan rock if you go there and head out to their. If you do I suggest scuba though. Anyways last month diver went out and got sucked down. From the time the Coast Guard said they went out the wrong time, and I think the wrong side of the tide as it suck the lady down and they never found her.

But don't let that scare you Duncan rock is a great place to go spear lingcod. And Rockfish. Kind a like a tide going on right now would be the time to go there.
Also make sure there's no Fullmoon anywhere close when you go there that makes a big huge difference. As when the lady got taken away there was a full moon in that timeframe. Does you got a remember that thing sucks out the Puget Sound and upper around Vancouver Island up to right around Campbell River.
Old 09-21-2015, 07:45 PM   #4
quattroluvr
Leigh

Send a message via Skype™ to quattroluvr

Thanks for the tip Tom. I just read in spearfishing mag a trip report from Bali, where they have vicious tides and down-currents. Spearo said they always dive with floats/floatline so they can climb hand over hand up the line to escape a downcurrent. this one was so stong he was going backward even sprint-finning, till he grabbed the floatline in a few secs. Good safety measure at Duncan.
quattroluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 10:54 AM   #5
juanacity
John

That was a fun trip and Leigh got a couple really nice lings.

If you notice in the first cut of the video, the kelp is at <45 degrees. Big vertical walls are not the only place you need to be careful of currents out there. Diving deep along the outer edge of kelp when the current is ripping can quickly sweep you under thick blankets of bull kelp etc. Caution and awareness are always important.
juanacity is offline   Reply With Quote