Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

Old 07-29-2014, 09:46 AM   #1
Kaz

Question 85-90cm gun for Mediterranean sea?

Hi, I'm George and I live in Cyprus. This is my first post here btw. I've been spearfishing for the past 3-4 years (I'm 17 years old) and I dive at maximum 20 meters now. I have an old (and I mean old) Cressi Comanche 75cm that my uncle gave me and it's not working very well for me recently. So I decided to buy my own first speargun. I looked at the Cressi Geronimo (and Geronimo Elite), the Sporasub SK40, and the Bleu Lycan GFM. I'm looking for sizes about 85-90cm. Basicaly, I want something that I can shoot freely at medium size fish from a distance of minimum 3-4 meters and have a good accuracy as well (preferably an open muzzle gun). Also, I mostly fish near the shore not deeper than 10-15 meters so I dont usually come across big sized fish, but in Cyprus even at those depths, around 1/10 times you can come across big amberjacks, dentex, etc., so I also want to be able to shoot at those as well (having a reel on my gun ofcourse). Any other guns that you think I should look at? My price range is at maximum 300 euros I guess... Would be great to hear some advices! Also, I want to buy something that wil still do the job in the next 3-4 years so I'm searching for material quality as well.

Thank you for reading.
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:56 AM   #2
Karma Trees

Re: 85-90cm gun for Mediterranean sea?

You should check out the PATHOS guns man.
I have shot a few of them now and they are solid long lasting.
They are a Greek company i believe so you should be able to get your hands on one out there..?
Also use the "SEARCH" function above. There is a lot of information already on here that will most likely answer 99.9% of your Gun questions.

http://spearboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12
http://www.pathossub.com/
http://www.spearamerica.com/manufact...athos-pro.html
Karma Trees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 02:59 PM   #3
Cyprus_Spearo
Spearboard Sponsor

Petros

Hello George,

Contact my cousin Panikos at 99-670383

He will explain to you anything you need to know about spearguns and spearfishing.

Tell him Petros send you his way.

You are probably the second Cypriot besides me on this forum.

For your fishing you will need either a 90 or a 100. Nothing smaller and nothing bigger. As you grow older you will need to have a 110 or 120 as a second gun for the deeper spots that hold dentex.

Shoot me any questions you might have and also ask about spots.

Petros

http://www.spearamerica.com
https://www.instagram.com/spearamerica

2950 Airway Ave
SuiteA7
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
(949) 536-5336
spearamerica@gmail.com

Fulfilling my passion!!
Cyprus_Spearo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 03:28 PM   #4
Kaz

Hello Panikos!

Im very glad to hear from you.

Where do you live? I live in Nicosia and I spearfish in North Cyprus when I go to my village Kormakitis if you know it. Its located at the left north edge of Cyprus.

Does your friend have a shop? And where is he? If he's not in Nicosia it will be hard for me to meet up with him. :/

Thank you very much for your reply.
Old 07-29-2014, 03:59 PM   #5
Kaz

Also what do you think about the Bleu Lycan GFM 90cm?
I think its the best one i found so far for my needs.
Old 07-30-2014, 12:45 PM   #6
Cyprus_Spearo
Spearboard Sponsor

Petros

Lycan GFM or Carbon is the best gun for out there. The Bleutec Simple is also a solid choice and less expensive.

You do not need to meet with my cousin to chat. He does not have a shop but he is a dealer. He can get you what you want.

My name is Petros by the way. My cousin's name is Panikos.

http://www.spearamerica.com
https://www.instagram.com/spearamerica

2950 Airway Ave
SuiteA7
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
(949) 536-5336
spearamerica@gmail.com

Fulfilling my passion!!
Cyprus_Spearo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 12:54 PM   #7
Kaz

Hello again Petros

I called your cousin and told him that you gave me his number and he showed very good interest in what i had to say. It turned out he just finished lunch with my freediving instructor that i was calling today to ask for the bleu and pathos models, but unfortunately they broke into his shop the other night and stole very single gun he had! So we got along and got talking for quite a while actually. Then he made me an amazing offer to skype with him tonight so he can show me some guns and also send me some to Nicosia to try them out in the water for free! Great man your cousin! I appriciated very much his effort to have a chat with me and he was indeed very useful! Im actualy online on Skype waiting for him to go home and add me so we can talk some guns Im also planning to buy some other goodies from him as he mentioned very good prices and quality stuff! Thank you very much as well for giving me his number because hes help was indeed very usefull! He saved me alot of money that i would have given on that Riffe Euro and offered to find me models that I researched and liked alot, like the Bleu Lycan and Pathos Laser Carbon.
Old 07-30-2014, 01:06 PM   #8
Kaz

If you see my second thread you will know what im talking about!