Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Boating > All About Diving and Fishing Boats

All About Diving and Fishing Boats We sure love boats for what we do! This forum is for boating related discussion from engines to ladders to trailers to propellers and the list goes on and on.....

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-24-2009, 04:58 PM   #31
Louis Rossignol
HELL DIVERS

Re: Dusky Project

In Deep Sr. Member OfflineModel: 256 FCPower: twin 150 Merc'sPort: BoyntonPosts: 360 Re: Cracks in the bottom of the hull on a 233 1997 Dusky « Reply #26 on: April 22, 2009, 09:24:13 AM »
Do yourself a favor and get a second opinion. If this guy is right about the stringers wouldn't you think every dusky would have this problem? Just something to think about.

Report to moderator Logged

Master Chief AdministratorHero Member OfflinePosts: 1899 Re: Cracks in the bottom of the hull on a 233 1997 Dusky « Reply #27 on: April 22, 2009, 09:46:46 AM »
Louis, we could go round and round with dialog to refute your proclamations. However, I fail to see how that would be beneficial for either of us. In fact, it would more than likely only serve to frustrate you even further which is not my goal. I understand how frustrating it is when you make a major purchase only to find out after a very short period that the investment was not a sound one. However, I do not see how this is reflective of Dusky boats or the quality of the craftsmanship that goes into them. At one point you obviously felt highly enough of Dusky boats to purchase one. I am assuming sight unseen as I have yet to hear you mention a single thing about a pre-purchase survey. The bottom line is that the facts stand for themselves. Whenever you purchase a used vessel you have no way of knowing what you are getting into. You have no way of knowing how each and every previous owner has treated and cared for the vessel. For all you know, the boat could have been stored at a rack storage facility and fell out of its rack during a hurricane. We've seen it before. Perhaps the boat has not suffered any form of neglect or abuse in YOUR care, but you have no verifiable knowledge of what took place prior to that. While I can all understand your frustration and need to vent, I will not allow you to place blame where there is none.

I didn't lose my mind, I sold it on ebay.

Lprizman Jr. Member OfflineModel: 19 openPower: mariner 150Port: Warwick RIPosts: 88 this pic is 2nd time out in Narraganset Bay Re: Cracks in the bottom of the hull on a 233 1997 Dusky « Reply #28 on: April 22, 2009, 10:22:24 AM »
Sorry to hear of all the BS you are going through,,but it looks like whom ever owned the boat prior to you put it through it's paces so to speak,,get a second opinion and best of luck of course.My unbiased 2 cents.When I was looking for a boat last year I was given the advise to buy a whaler or Mako and nothing from Florida due to the hours. Up here it's a 7 month season.Long and short I found my boat, Dusky on e-bay in Florida, Triple wrong acording to the advise given.I called the dealer where it was at and got as much info as possible apart from the pic's shown.A co-worker and fellow boater took a look at my boat.He had been down to Dusky and was familliar with their boats and upon further review gave me the thumbs up.In turn I won the boat, and had it delivered from West Palm Beach FL to Smithfield RI towed on it's trailer.It is a 87 hull on a rolls axle trailer, 2002 not the original. Distance 1546 miles give or take a few.I have never verbally spoken with anyone at Dusky or any other members,,just posts on the forum.My hull and boat are near spotless with normal wear and tear, small spider cracks here and there, been out on several times and no issues.I was able to get in touch with the previous owner, the boat was willed to him,,,I'm the second owner.Considering the age of my boat and the distance's traveled in it's life time I would assume through time there would be evidence on my hull of similliar issue's,,,not one,,, thankfullyBest of luck,Lance

upright and breathing,,,woohoooo

SOPLA2O's DUSKY Google Image KingGlobal ModeratorHero Member OfflineModel: 256ccPower: Twin 175 Verado'sPort: Homestead, FloridaPosts: 2118 Sopla2o's Dusky Re: Cracks in the bottom of the hull on a 233 1997 Dusky « Reply #29 on: April 22, 2009, 03:19:34 PM »
I have stayed away from this topic since I really had nothing to add...However, when I saw that the boat was not registered for 2 years, leads me to believe that it was not properly cared for, or EVEN WORSE the boat was in some sort of accident and was unusable for that time. It seems illogical that a boat would just sit by in FL and be used while not being registered.It sounds like you bought a boat site unseen and you were taken advantage of by the seller. I am sure if your prior Mako's were not properly cared for and possibly dropped from a forklift at a Marina, that the same damage would occur. I am not saying that your boat was dropped, I am just presenting a possible scenario to the problem. A simple marine surveyor would have exposed all the damages caused by the previous owner, whether accidental or otherwise. Also, if Dusky has been building boats as "First Graders" don't you think there would be more Dusky inventory out there being sold in the second market. Do a search for Dusky's for sale in Florida... (Both new and Used), don't you think there would be more than 41 boats for sale in the State of Florida ... Dusky Marine Boats for sale in Florida41 results for: New and Preowned | Anyboats | in Florida | Dusky Marine | any year | any price I ran the same search for Mako and found....Mako Boats for sale in Florida272 results for: New and Preowned | Anyboats | in Florida | Mako | any year | any price That says a lot to me .... I will take the First Grade boat builder with 40 plus years experience anytime over the fiberglass guy in your area. The numbers speak for themselves...Lesson learned.... Next time get a professional to look into your used boat before you get ripped off... Its obvious that the boat has suffered some damage somewhere or there would be many, many more complaints with the same problem that you are alleging.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 04:08:49 PM by SOPLA2O's DUSKY » Report to moderator Logged

Michael E Sr. Member OnlineModel: Dusky 233 FACPower: Evinrude ficht 225Port: Boca Raton, FLPosts: 396 Re: Cracks in the bottom of the hull on a 233 1997 Dusky « Reply #30 on: April 22, 2009, 03:46:19 PM »

Gordon,Kathy and Michael Scott23 Dusky FAC

DISCLAIMER: "My spearfishing is entirely legal in the geographic area within which I dive. If you don't like my pictures, posts or website then don't look. I will NOT waste any more bandwidth on this board (or my valuable drinking time) to argue with you ass clowns about it".

http://www.TheRokZone.com/

http://www.HellDivers.org/
Louis Rossignol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 04:59 PM   #32
Louis Rossignol
HELL DIVERS

Louis Rossignol Newbie OnlineModel: 233 Dusky 1997Power: 250 Yamaha OX66Port: Kenner La.Posts: 14 Re: Cracks in the bottom of the hull on a 233 1997 Dusky « Reply #31 on: April 22, 2009, 05:17:18 PM » Remove
Here are pictures of the floor out. http://s639.photobucket.com/albums/u...t=101_2018.jpg First time I called Dusky about my problem, they told me to take a 2x4 and pry up on the bottom of the boat, they said that if it flexes than the lateral supports had come loose. Now as of today, they are telling me that they didn't put lateral supports in 233's back in 1997. My fiberglass man that everyone here is so willing to denounce states, that with the thickness of glass or lack thereof, spanning almost 2' is too far with no support. And that chine is the ultimate place for the hull to flex.Everyone can check my fiberglass professionals website out at, http://www.jeffersonfiberglass.com/I know plenty of people that have dealt with this company, they are the best and everyone swears by them. If you have ever lived in Louisiana and you go on boats alot, you will have most probably been on a Jefferson Hull. I know I've been on several.Alright, as far as the dropped off the forklift theory, I ain't buying it. Why then is the boat having the same problems on both sides of the boat. Did it fall off the forklift, hit one side, then bounce up in the air and hit the other side. Not likely. You can see by looking in the cabin floor and the floor compartment in front of the console, the hull is flexing because the floor in both of these places is cracked. This was not like this when I bought the boat in 2006.Also, as far as the registration being out for 2 years. When I bought the boat it was simply laid up. If there were any repairs done to the bottom, I don't care how good you are, you can notice a slight color change in the gelcoat. This is a cop out going for a shot like that.Basically, there was never enough structural support from the stringer to the outside wall of the boat.One more thing, I was told on the phone, there was nothing Dusky would do since I didn't buy the boat from them, I was again told this on this forum. That statement tosses the resale value of a Dusky right out the window.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 05:18:54 PM by Louis Rossignol » Report to moderator 72.200.62.61

Louis Rossignol Newbie OnlineModel: 233 Dusky 1997Power: 250 Yamaha OX66Port: Kenner La.Posts: 14 Re: Cracks in the bottom of the hull on a 233 1997 Dusky « Reply #32 on: April 22, 2009, 05:31:03 PM » Remove
I also wanted to say, that the fiberglass man says Dusky did do a very good job glassing the floor and the stringers seem to be in very good shape. I'm out of town tommorrow diving, but when I get back I'll post pictures of the hull minus the foam.Look at all the fish we killed on this boat up until this problem,www.helldivers.org

Report to moderator 72.200.62.61

SOPLA2O's DUSKY Google Image KingGlobal ModeratorHero Member OfflineModel: 256ccPower: Twin 175 Verado'sPort: Homestead, FloridaPosts: 2118 Sopla2o's Dusky Re: Cracks in the bottom of the hull on a 233 1997 Dusky « Reply #33 on: April 22, 2009, 05:47:30 PM »
Quote from: Louis Rossignol on April 22, 2009, 05:17:18 PMOne more thing, I was told on the phone, there was nothing Dusky would do since I didn't buy the boat from them, I was again told this on this forum. That statement tosses the resale value of a Dusky right out the window.I am sure that if you brought the boat to Dusky they would do the same work that Jefferson is doing. I just wonder if the damages were caused by other sources. There are many Dusky's out there, (some older) that don't seem to have this problem. The resale value of the Dusky has nothing to with them repairing your old Dusky. I have a client that is bringing in a 1966 Chevy Impala as trade for work. Does the resale value of the car drop because I did not buy it from Chevy in 1966. I don't think so. I think it's mostly to do with the "condition" of the vehicle/boat that sets the resale value.You cannot compare the technology of 2009 to that of 1997. BTW, I am not knocking Jefferson Co. at all, I am rather impressed with their list of clients. However, I strongly believe that the damage was caused by other sources apart from the manufacturing. Otherwise, we would have a sleuth of complaints on even older Dusky's than yours.BTW... Now I know why you need bigger coolers... What are those fish in the pictures....

SOPLA2O's DUSKY

Louis Rossignol Newbie OnlineModel: 233 Dusky 1997Power: 250 Yamaha OX66Port: Kenner La.Posts: 14 Re: Cracks in the bottom of the hull on a 233 1997 Dusky « Reply #34 on: April 22, 2009, 05:51:48 PM » Remove
So, you mean to tell me, your cool with No Support for 2' on each side of the hull, the entire lenght of the boat?If there was some support there, there is No Problem. End of story!

timnmatty Budweiser AmbassadorHero Member OfflineModel: 256 Open FishPower: Suzuki 300Port: HauloverPosts: 1927 Re: Cracks in the bottom of the hull on a 233 1997 Dusky « Reply #35 on: April 22, 2009, 05:56:43 PM »
There was no problem doin 30 MPH in 4 foot chop the other day, as there is no problem any other day!

Live for Today, Plan for Tomorrow, Party tonight, Fish as often as possible!

timnmatty Budweiser AmbassadorHero Member OfflineModel: 256 Open FishPower: Suzuki 300Port: HauloverPosts: 1927 Re: Cracks in the bottom of the hull on a 233 1997 Dusky « Reply #36 on: April 22, 2009, 06:01:54 PM »
I have just completed my research. I have discoverd who the "old coonass boat builder" is!His name is Jimbo Billy Bob and no one is actually sure where he is from.The name of the company is Jimbo Billy Bob's Cajun Boat Builders!I was luck enough in my research to discover a photo of the new 2010 walk around sleeper model that is in current production. Well here, I'll share it with everyone:

jaytams Sr. Member OfflineModel: 256FCPower: Yamaha 250Port: Cape CoralPosts: 426 Re: Cracks in the bottom of the hull on a 233 1997 Dusky « Reply #37 on: April 22, 2009, 06:19:03 PM »
I know him! We are related! Thats the tower edition.

Louis Rossignol Newbie OnlineModel: 233 Dusky 1997Power: 250 Yamaha OX66Port: Kenner La.Posts: 14 Re: Cracks in the bottom of the hull on a 233 1997 Dusky « Reply #38 on: April 22, 2009, 06:27:04 PM » Remove
Quote from: timnmatty on April 22, 2009, 05:56:43 PMThere was no problem doin 30 MPH in 4 foot chop the other day, as there is no problem any other day! QuoteI have just completed my research. I have discoverd who the "old coonass boat builder" is!His name is Jimbo Billy Bob and no one is actually sure where he is from.The name of the company is Jimbo Billy Bob's Cajun Boat Builders!I was luck enough in my research to discover a photo of the new 2010 walk around sleeper modelthat is in current production. Well here, I'll share it with everyone:I disregarded your earlier remarks as just that of a total moron when you didn't know how to spell the words, "oil" and "Louisiana".You must have went all the way to the end of the rocks to catch that redfish in your avitar. That had to be one hell of a ride in a 25 footer doing 30mph in a 4 inch chop. You are my hero!We go offshore, check out my personal website for even bigger fish on smaller boats than those on the Hell Divers website.www.therokzone.com

timnmatty Budweiser AmbassadorHero Member OfflineModel: 256 Open FishPower: Suzuki 300Port: HauloverPosts: 1927 Re: Cracks in the bottom of the hull on a 233 1997 Dusky « Reply #39 on: April 22, 2009, 07:56:31 PM »
Moron? Now now that's not nice! I spelled it like yall say it out thar! Let me edumacate you on raidfeesh! That thar ain't no raidfeesh! That thar is a Tilefish! As the Budweiser Ambassador, I am a hero to many. It makes me proud to add you to the list, however, I will not engage in a war of words with you. That's just how we roll here. Did you really expect to knock the Dusky name on this site and not get any backlash? We play tough here. I sincerely hope you get your boat repaired and have many a good fishing day on it! Good luck!

DISCLAIMER: "My spearfishing is entirely legal in the geographic area within which I dive. If you don't like my pictures, posts or website then don't look. I will NOT waste any more bandwidth on this board (or my valuable drinking time) to argue with you ass clowns about it".

Old 04-24-2009, 05:05 PM   #33
Louis Rossignol
HELL DIVERS

timnmatty Budweiser AmbassadorHero Member OfflineModel: 256 Open FishPower: Suzuki 300Port: HauloverPosts: 1927 Re: Cracks in the bottom of the hull on a 233 1997 Dusky « Reply #39 on: April 22, 2009, 07:56:31 PM »
Moron? Now now that's not nice! I spelled it like yall say it out thar! Let me edumacate you on raidfeesh! That thar ain't no raidfeesh! That thar is a Tilefish! As the Budweiser Ambassador, I am a hero to many. It makes me proud to add you to the list, however, I will not engage in a war of words with you. That's just how we roll here. Did you really expect to knock the Dusky name on this site and not get any backlash? We play tough here. I sincerely hope you get your boat repaired and have many a good fishing day on it! Good luck!

SOPLA2O's DUSKY Google Image KingGlobal ModeratorHero Member OfflineModel: 256ccPower: Twin 175 Verado'sPort: Homestead, FloridaPosts: 2118 Sopla2o's Dusky Re: Cracks in the bottom of the hull on a 233 1997 Dusky « Reply #40 on: April 22, 2009, 08:07:30 PM »
Quote from: Louis Rossignol on April 22, 2009, 05:51:48 PMSo, you mean to tell me, your cool with No Support for 2' on each side of the hull, the entire lenght of the boat?If there was some support there, there is No Problem. End of story!Of course support is key... I bought my Dusky 2 years ago and all I need to do is call or email and I get a response quickly on the problem. Do I expect to pay.. ABSOLUTELY if the issue is out of warranty. However, I cannot expect Dusky to fix a problem 12 or 14 years after I bought my boat, on a problem that I should have noticed in years 1 or 2. We have to be realistic here.... If they are going to offer "support" (I am assuming you mean "repairs", because by reading the post I can see they have offered "support") 12 years after the boat left the factory they'd go bankrupt. It economics 101....

SOPLA2O's DUSKY

SOPLA2O's DUSKY Google Image KingGlobal ModeratorHero Member OfflineModel: 256ccPower: Twin 175 Verado'sPort: Homestead, FloridaPosts: 2118 Sopla2o's Dusky Re: Cracks in the bottom of the hull on a 233 1997 Dusky « Reply #41 on: April 22, 2009, 08:11:17 PM »
This is a Red Fish.... We catch e'm here the real wey... WITHOUT A GUN...  We give the fish a fighting chance....    And yes... Its on a Dusky....

SOPLA2O's DUSKY

Lprizman Jr. Member OfflineModel: 19 openPower: mariner 150Port: Warwick RIPosts: 88 this pic is 2nd time out in Narraganset Bay Re: Cracks in the bottom of the hull on a 233 1997 Dusky « Reply #42 on: April 22, 2009, 09:58:45 PM »
gotta giv up it now kid,,, ,,,you bought it,,,,used it and,,,, enjoyed it!!!,,deal with it.i did,,,, not a Dusky problem.lance

upright and breathing,,,woohoooo

timnmatty Budweiser AmbassadorHero Member OfflineModel: 256 Open FishPower: Suzuki 300Port: HauloverPosts: 1927 Re: Cracks in the bottom of the hull on a 233 1997 Dusky « Reply #43 on: April 22, 2009, 10:40:15 PM »
Ah travelled a hundid and thoity milz for that thar raidfeesh! Sorry, I couldn't resist one last jab. Come on guys, let's leave it alone. No one wishes any bad luck on anyone or their boat. The sea is dangerous enough alone itself. Let's wish this guy luck with his repairs and hope his boat remains sound while outin the deep! I'm sure the MC doesn't need any additional headaches either!

lloyd Newbie OfflineModel: openfisherman 233Power: Suzuki twin 175'sPort: TampaPosts: 28 Re: Cracks in the bottom of the hull on a 233 1997 Dusky « Reply #44 on: April 22, 2009, 11:02:01 PM »
Just curious is coon ass the same thing as swamp ass

timnmatty Budweiser AmbassadorHero Member OfflineModel: 256 Open FishPower: Suzuki 300Port: HauloverPosts: 1927 Re: Cracks in the bottom of the hull on a 233 1997 Dusky « Reply #45 on: April 22, 2009, 11:03:48 PM »
That's a good question. MC, we need a google search option here!

DEFIANCE Jr. Member OfflinePosts: 71 Re: Cracks in the bottom of the hull on a 233 1997 Dusky « Reply #46 on: Today at 01:20:38 AM »
After looking at the pics, I know damn well that the boat was not sitting on the bunks properly. If it rode that way for years, that may be the source of the problem. The boat should sit on top of the stringers. If you moved the bunks, I have no idea why'd you'd have to worry about tying it down unless you are taking your Dusky off road. I don't tie mine down and it does not budge. I am only trailering 2 miles on a good road though.Any marine surveyor will tell you the Dusky hull is about the strongest in it's class. Until they make tanks that float and are available to the public, this is about as close as you get. If that boat was purchased used and out of state, I would have a bunch of questions for the marine surveyor that looked at the boat. If you had it surveyed.If you have structural issues with the stringers and the hull's integrity, then I have no clue how your "fiberglass" man fixed it without tearing out the deck and getting to the stringers. If there is a bonafide structural issue, you can't fix that from the outside. Saying the cracks may or may not come back is not OK. I'd get another opinion for sure. Sounds like somebody did some gel coat work. NOT OK. I see some problems with your boat, and the glaring one does not appear to be manufacturer related. It appears trailer related. But then again, I only can see what is in the pics you took. Also, builders that build boats in this length and beam class run 2 stringers along the length of the hull with bulkheads every few feet. They do not run 4 stringers. The construction design in it's most basic form is very similar among many manufacturers. The difference is in the glass work, and the amount of it. Some builders use sandwiched foam for the hull instead of glass, actually more than a few of them do. Show me another boat in the length and beam class of the 233 with 4 stringers and that much glass and a pure glass hull. If you can find one, then you have dug much further than I did. When I ordered my 233, I can assure you it was not my first rodeo. I have owned or have captained boats professionally from 25 foot cookie cutter Hydras/Gradys up to 43 foot Jerseys, 50 Bertrams and a 58 Hatteras. I know a couple or 3 things about tough boats, the ones that are not, and terrible sea conditions. There is not a builder that I am aware of that uses more glass where it counts than Dusky does. Ok, maybe Hatteras did at one time, and Jersey definitely did, but those are different beasts. There is no comparison today between Dusky and the Hydra/Grady/Mako as far as tough goes.I understand your frustration, but I am not certain you have all the facts right. I see the cracks, but I have serious questions about how they got there. Something happened to that boat. I don't know what caused it, but typical use is probably not the cause. I don't owe Dusky jack, and my allegiance to a builder is only as long as the last tough hull they produced.If there is actually a manufacturing problem, or a design issue associated with the hull, I am pretty sure I'll be one of the guys that will find it. I have had my 233 for 2 full seasons, and routinely run up to 150 miles offshore, with a typical run between 60-80 miles one way. We have had it in some seriously terrible conditions, and will probably continue to. I don't run it in the Gulf, but rather off Point Conception California, which is one of the roughest spots of water on the planet. This is giant open water. Sometimes it is nice. Most of the time it is ugly. These are big heavy waves that can also be steep. Typical conditions here are not often seen in the Gulf unless you have tropical storms. My boat gets trailered 2 miles to the ramp, and the boat rides on top of the stringers. If I find a hull issue, I'll let you know, but I would not be holding my breath.There is a very good reason I came down to Florida to get Dusky. There are more than a few builders on the West Coast. I did not buy from them, and I sure as hell was not going to go over to Bass Pro Shop/Offshore Angler to buy a Mako. They are not the builder they once were.

« Last Edit: Today at 01:24:15 AM by DEFIANCE » Report to moderator Logged
If it's not a Swordie or a Mako, it's pretty much just bait.

Old 04-24-2009, 05:07 PM   #34
Louis Rossignol
HELL DIVERS

Master Chief AdministratorHero Member OfflinePosts: 1899 Re: Cracks in the bottom of the hull on a 233 1997 Dusky « Reply #47 on: Today at 08:17:45 AM »
Quote from: timnmatty on April 22, 2009, 11:03:48 PMThat's a good question. MC, we need a google search option here! I googled it, and was both frightened and disturbed by what I found within the first few pages. The lack of a google search function is probably saving countless minds from being warped by disturbing images.

timnmatty Budweiser AmbassadorHero Member OfflineModel: 256 Open FishPower: Suzuki 300Port: HauloverPosts: 1927 Re: Cracks in the bottom of the hull on a 233 1997 Dusky « Reply #48 on: Today at 11:06:10 AM »
Not to mention the visuals I just got from your post!

bottomnout Newbie OfflineModel: 23Power: 250Port: noPosts: 1 Re: Cracks in the bottom of the hull on a 233 1997 Dusky « Reply #49 on: Today at 11:58:53 AM »
Does no one have a problem with the lack of bulkheads that are missing from outside of the stingers to the outside edges of the hull???I am one of Louis's friends who helped him inspect the boat. When I saw the cracks and pried up on the shell of the boat and saw the hull flex alot, I knew that was something was wrong with the bulk heads. Never would I have thought in a million years there were no bulkheads put in on the outside of the stringers.Look, Dusky does make a solid Battleship of a hull, but all those people who have a 1997 23 hull really need to think about the missing structure in the hull.Dusky should at least offer to fix this problem at Louis's cost and make this right.Just the 2 cents of a river rat coonass from down da bayou.By the way, sweet Tile Fish.Jonathan Nobile

Master Chief AdministratorHero Member OfflinePosts: 1899 Re: Cracks in the bottom of the hull on a 233 1997 Dusky « Reply #50 on: Today at 03:08:34 PM »
Ok, this is going to be my last response as I've not only received several calls from forum members but also several requests to lock the topic as it is getting out of control.First, let me point out that Dusky changed their design in 1998. Prior to this, bulkheads were not used in our boats. That equates to over 30 years and thousands upon thousands of boats. It is not as if Louis is the only one. If this were a design flaw, every boat produced prior to 1998 would be experiencing this same issue. Dusky has always and will always stand by its' boats. If it was indeed a problem created by Dusky, then we would have already stepped up and remedied the situation, regardless of Louis being the tenth owner or the first. We would never allow any Dusky boat to carry on if it posed a safety issue that we created. The bottom line and final word on this is that Dusky will not assume any misplaced blame for an issue that was not created by us. Keep in mind that even Superman has kryptonite.Threatening us with slander will not make us sympathetic to your cause. We have been more than willing to assist in any way possible, both on the forums and via telephone. We will continue to assist you in any way possible. However, we will not hand over a blank check because you purchased a boat sight unseen, failed to obtain a survey from a licensed professional and now want to angrily point the finger at a prestigious corporate entity whilst rallying up your buddies to help take down "the man".

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 NotifyAdd pollSend this topicPrint

Old 04-24-2009, 05:16 PM   #35
Louis Rossignol
HELL DIVERS

There yall have it, the whole thread, copied and pasted, that was a pain in the ass. I'll post pics of my hull with no foam in it now.

While looking in the bottom of the hull with the fiberglass man, he says that when they came off the stringers if they'de have overlapped the glass through the chine, this may not have happened. Now that's it's cracked he says I need to have a stringer put on top of the chine.

I guess Dusky is trying to save a buck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	101_2021.jpg
Views:	708
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	100376   Click image for larger version

Name:	101_2022.jpg
Views:	665
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	100377   Click image for larger version

Name:	101_2023.jpg
Views:	678
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	100378   Click image for larger version

Name:	101_2024.jpg
Views:	662
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	100379   Click image for larger version

Name:	101_2025.jpg
Views:	660
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	100380  

Name:	101_2026.jpg
Views:	677
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	100381   Click image for larger version

Name:	101_2027.jpg
Views:	654
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	100382   Click image for larger version

Name:	101_2028.jpg
Views:	638
Size:	130.5 KB
ID:	100383   Click image for larger version

Name:	101_2029.jpg
Views:	698
Size:	136.5 KB
ID:	100384   Click image for larger version

Name:	101_2030.jpg
Views:	662
Size:	138.4 KB
ID:	100385  

Name:	101_2031.jpg
Views:	667
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	100386   Click image for larger version

Name:	101_2032.jpg
Views:	642
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	100387   Click image for larger version

Name:	101_2033.jpg
Views:	648
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	100388   Click image for larger version

Name:	101_2034.jpg
Views:	674
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	100389  

Old 04-24-2009, 06:22 PM   #36
LASeaCat
Helldivers

The ol' coonass at the fiberglass shop told me, Dusky makes boats like 1st graders. He is going to fix my boat for me, so I'll be out of commission for the next 3 weeks.

I felt bad for my buddy Rok, so I took him diving yesterday and me and Wil took him back again today!

Check out the pictures.....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Rok-1.jpg
Views:	725
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	100401   Click image for larger version

Name:	rok-2.jpg
Views:	746
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	100402   Click image for larger version

Name:	rok-3.jpg
Views:	725
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	100403   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rok-4.jpg
Views:	722
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	100404   Click image for larger version

Name:	rok-5.jpg
Views:	711
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	100405  

Name:	Rok-72.jpg
Views:	690
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	100406   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rok-Gar.jpg
Views:	678
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	100407  
LASeaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 03:52 AM   #37
Louis Rossignol
HELL DIVERS

I tried to detail the damaged areas, this is happenig on both sides of the boat.

And can you believe Dusky is trying to tell me this happened because the boat fell off the rack. What rack are they talking about, when I bought it, it was on a trailer.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	101_2023.jpg
Views:	883
Size:	125.8 KB
ID:	100432  

Old 04-25-2009, 04:19 AM   #38
Smudge
Squid

Not that I would have in the first place, but after reading the thread you posted, I will certainly never buy a Dusky!! What a bunch of tools!
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 04:37 PM   #39
Tyler Durden
1st rule: Don't Talk.....

You know I was thinking of buying one at one point, knowing their fatal problem was eventually ROT, but I had absolutely no clue that the chief designer was such a clueless dumb ***** that he decided not to incorporate bulkheads until 1998. What a piece of sh*t. F**K Dusky and their cult like group of cone followers.
Tyler Durden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:53 PM   #40
Killentime
Fishnfeen

thats a bunch of shit!! Sorry for your problems RoK they seem worse than grady owners..... Say one bad thing about the ride and all hell breaks lose. I would love to get on that site and get some of my own bashing on to them about how rude they were.

I will never own a dusky now and I to was truly looking at 2 of them. One at mastry it was the owners boat. He dropped a sweet 440 yanmar in it and the boat looked sick. He was going to give me a good deal on it. Now there is no way in hell that I would even think about it. All this info that you have would be great on the hull truth.. That will bring them to attention. Also it will warn other owners of this model, and maybe save a life.

Jon
Killentime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:13 PM   #41
ROCK BOTTOM

Hey Rok,

I went to get on and had to register. Still haven't gotten a password from them and it's been almost a week.

Zz
You got to move your ass."

The Radiators
ROCK BOTTOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 06:38 AM   #42
SpearMax
Forum Administrator

Good luck with her Louis! Looks like a big challenge.

“Live this day as if it will be your last. Remember that you will only find 'tomorrow' on the calendars of fools.”

---- Success Unlimited Author Og Mandino b.1923 - d.1996
SpearMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:13 PM   #43
Louis Rossignol
HELL DIVERS

I posted it on the hull truth if you still want to follow out of respect that Tony's forum is a dive forum.

http://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-...-problems.html

Old 04-29-2009, 03:03 PM   #44
Tyler Durden
1st rule: Don't Talk.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Rossignol View Post
I posted it on the hull truth if you still want to follow out of respect that Tony's forum is a dive forum.

http://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-...-problems.html
I commented on that thread. You know, its hilarious how some people ignore facts and focus on the cult-like followings of some manufacturers.
Tyler Durden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:01 PM   #45
Louis Rossignol
HELL DIVERS

Thanks dude, I read it.