Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Announcements and Rules > Spearboard Announcements and Rules

Spearboard Announcements and Rules Check here for annoucements on things that would interest spearfishermen, including seminars or other events

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 88 votes, 2.76 average. Display Modes
Old 03-28-2009, 12:24 AM   #91
Killing Nemo

Re: Welcome Lurkers!

What's up everybody!
Just got my account activated so I thought I would say a little something about myself. My name is Trevor and I have been in the water most of my life. My dad was a surfer so I pretty much grew up at the beach. Been surfing now for about 26 of my 34 years. I currently live in Oxnard, CA at Silver Strand Beach. I used to get to dive on vacation with my parents in places like Tahiti, Turks & Caicos and Cancun but haven't done that in a long time. I have done some scuba but always seemed to prefer freediving. Love the simplicity of it! Lately I decided to dust of the old mask and start diving in some of the kelp beds to the south around the Ventura/LA county line areas. I picked up a really nice polespear from someone on Craigs list for a hell of a deal. Wanted a gun but decided to start out simple. Learn the basics and go from there. I haven't really speared anything good yet but I'm having a great time trying! I'm usually out solo (Ya Ya I know!) but can't seem to get any of my friends past the surfline. So if anyone doesn't mind a noob tagging along, hit me up...
Killing Nemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 09:30 AM   #92
biggsy
No, it's a sachel

Send a message via AIM to biggsy Send a message via Yahoo to biggsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazE View Post
Hey Everybody,
Just signed up, This looks like a great site to meet many more spearo. enjoying the Ca warmth and calm, waiting for the next time to dive. Enjoy Cheers
Welcome to the board CrazE!
Old 03-28-2009, 09:32 AM   #93
biggsy
No, it's a sachel

Send a message via AIM to biggsy Send a message via Yahoo to biggsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killing Nemo View Post
What's up everybody!
Just got my account activated so I thought I would say a little something about myself. My name is Trevor and I have been in the water most of my life. My dad was a surfer so I pretty much grew up at the beach. Been surfing now for about 26 of my 34 years. I currently live in Oxnard, CA at Silver Strand Beach. I used to get to dive on vacation with my parents in places like Tahiti, Turks & Caicos and Cancun but haven't done that in a long time. I have done some scuba but always seemed to prefer freediving. Love the simplicity of it! Lately I decided to dust of the old mask and start diving in some of the kelp beds to the south around the Ventura/LA county line areas. I picked up a really nice polespear from someone on Craigs list for a hell of a deal. Wanted a gun but decided to start out simple. Learn the basics and go from there. I haven't really speared anything good yet but I'm having a great time trying! I'm usually out solo (Ya Ya I know!) but can't seem to get any of my friends past the surfline. So if anyone doesn't mind a noob tagging along, hit me up...
Welcome to the board Killing Nemo!

There are lots of people in your neck of the woods to network with. Put a post up in the California section and I'm sure you'll get some takers.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:38 AM   #94
grouperdude
hard core snorkeler

just going through the post some havent stopped lurkin. 8 posts and signed up in 2006

WAR DAM EAGLE

http://www.youtube.com/user/grouperdude
grouperdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:38 AM   #95
Turtleshagga
Alan

Recent ex-lurker just signed up. And about time too.

Hello all, I look forward to spending time on the forum learning & sharing. If I eventually meet any of you and beer raises its ugly head (or erases my ugly head), so be it.

Cheers!
Alan.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:11 PM   #96
SnapperStabber

I don't know whats going on but my brother and I both signed up at the same time and my account has been approved for posting but his still doesn't let him do anything...more lurkers would probably sign up if mods would approve their accounts in a timely fashion, he signed up over a month ago
SnapperStabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:31 PM   #97
SpearMax
Forum Administrator

Smile Re: Welcome Lurkers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapperStabber View Post
I don't know whats going on but my brother and I both signed up at the same time and my account has been approved for posting but his still doesn't let him do anything...more lurkers would probably sign up if mods would approve their accounts in a timely fashion, he signed up over a month ago
Not sure of your brother's screen name, but I cleared any open ones signed up around your sign up date.

“Live this day as if it will be your last. Remember that you will only find 'tomorrow' on the calendars of fools.”

---- Success Unlimited Author Og Mandino b.1923 - d.1996
SpearMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 07:35 PM   #98
fatopu
chasing dinner!

Aloha,
Ive been lurking on hear since 2005 but never like post anything of my own. I figured its about time to at least introduce my self. Im Daniel Mauhili, I live in Carlsbad, Ca. Spend most of the time in the water surfing or chasing dinner at Tamarack beach in Carlsbad. I have always enjoyed the ocean, surfing and spearfishing have been my favoite hobbies for along time, this summer has finnaly given me an opportunity to get out there and shot some pelagics. And thanks to Cpt Leo I did get my first. Scuba Certified in 1991 and since 2003 have been mostly Freediving, Scuba mostly now just for lobsters. I usually dive alone, so if you see a short fat Hawaiian coming out of the water at Tamarac, and its close to dinner time? its probly me.
Aloha Daniel.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:25 PM   #99
FISH911

Test
FISH911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:08 AM   #100
Salehthefish

Hello everyone I am Saleh 29 male Palestinian Working in DUBAI. I raised up in Lebanon and spent most my life on the sea, but i have started spearfishing for 2 years so far. Maximum depth i could go 23 meters with static 2:40 i know they are very less but I will try to join course and lose much of weight

Thanks a lot for activating me on this forum!!!

Saleh
Salehthefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 02:33 AM   #101
GRIMLOCK

Hello All, Dunno if I ever introduced myself. My name is Chris, I live in Okinawa, Japan. Been here since 1985, love it here, plan on dying here, hopefully a LONG time from now. I've been polespearin since I was a lil kid, shot my first octopus at age 10 and was hooked. My step-father used to take me out all the time while growing up, we were going out just about every night. I used to come to school with octopus hickeys all over my arms, other kids would ask what they were and I was always proud to tell them. I felt lucky to have such a cool step father. He used a big three banded wood gun and he bought me a small 1 band (Dacor, i think) gun. I couldn't hit shit with it, so I switched back to the pole spear and taco hook. Now I'm 35 years old and my step father has a small Quiksilver boat that we use to hit up the outer reef for Sazae, and spearin fish. It's been about a year since I've gone out with my step father, he's been more into fishing than spearin lately, so I go out with friends at night. We get alot of lobsters, parrots, Oji's, groupers, tako, cuttlefish, etc etc.. But since moving to night shift at work, I've been going out during the day and the pole spear just doesn't have the range of a big gun, so I recently bought two guns (Thanks to "Don-in-Japan" for telling me about them). Now I'm looking forward to using them. Hopefully I'll have some worthy pics to post up here soon. I've learned quite a bit since I first started lurking here a few months ago. Nice to meet you all.
GRIMLOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 04:11 PM   #102
greenface

Smile Re: Welcome Lurkers!

Hello
I am new to this site.Somethink about me, live in EU Slovenia, carpenter
and love to fishing i fresh wather and in sea.Just order one triger ang
holder at Josh Neptonic Systems.I can not wait to get this items .This
will be my fifht gun .
It is good to have such support of knowledge from this forum.

Robert
greenface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 08:49 AM   #103
H2O ADDICTION
I care about YOU

I've finally been cleared to post! And yes it works! Now for an Avatar...Hmmmm?
H2O ADDICTION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 09:34 AM   #104
Lantz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest Spearo View Post
I've finally been cleared to post! And yes it works! Now for an Avatar...Hmmmm?
hello midwest spearo
Lantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:34 AM   #105
yotd1976

my account works!
yotd1976 is offline   Reply With Quote