Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All Other Gear

All Other Gear Tanks, BCDs, Regs, Fins, Stringers, and all other gear we use in Spearfishing.

Old 07-13-2020, 03:26 PM   #1
Joboo
Free Helicopter Rides

BC/Wing, Inflator/Dump Valve, Mount/Flange, Repair

Hello Folks; long time no post. I truly hope that everyone here has been enjoying their non-consensual free trial of communism, and unlimited viewing of "The Planet of the Apes", as well as all prior (and future) sequels.

Greetings aside, I'm hoping that someone here can shed some light on a specific subject for me regarding BC/Wing, inflator/dump valve, mount/flange, repair.

One of my older BC's has run into an issue where both of the inflator/deflator mounts (a.k.a. flange) have deteriorated. The mounts themselves appear to be an older composite of delrin, and have simply dried out and come apart. The bladder though is in excellent shape, and therefore I wish to repair this BC, so as to refrain from participating in our disposable society; I'm also pretty cheap.

For those of you who have run into this issue, you are most likely aware of https://www.scuba-fix.com/. I have two objections with going this route. For one, these repair kits are being sold for $87 each (x2 in my case); secondly, would be my limited interest in patronizing entities outside of the States.

Therefore, my first question here is whether or not there is a US based small biz alternative to acquire a similar product to what is being offered by scuba-fix.com.

My second question is whether or not I am required to go the Scuba-Fix route entirely, or if I am able to repair these mounts by using an older design two-piece flange with butterfly seal. One of the two-piece mounts can be viewed here: https://www.divegearexpress.com/dgx-...lange-assembly; the mount also appears to be sold in a dump valve kit as well, which can be viewed here: https://www.otgdive.com/otg-scuba-di...pv-og-123.html

I would greatly appreciate any input you folks may have to offer on this subject matter, and/or if not in the know, perhaps sharing this post with those who may be most knowledgeable.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

__Chris
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-07-29 11.24.59.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	245789  
Joboo is offline   Reply With Quote