Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Boating > All About Kayak Diving

All About Kayak Diving Here is a place to discuss the growing travel mode of kayak diving.

Old 03-09-2012, 09:39 PM   #1
dewasw
1st breathe-up May 1937

Stealth Evolution Kayak from S. Africa

This is a Sit-on-Top FIBERGLASS yak that has gun storage between your legs. I've seen snapshots of several on the beach cam for Jupiter Beach, FL.

Has anybody tried one and if so, what are the pros and cons.

http://www.stealthpp.co.za/
dewasw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:05 AM   #2
Joe.A
KayakFisherman

Re: Stealth Evolution Kayak from S. Africa

pros, likely as quick as a kaskazi dorado

Cons, hard to get your wetsuit on while sitting in that thing, also hard to find as most of them americans won't pay that much for a yak
Joe.A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 12:13 PM   #3
greg

check out venture sports kayak , he,s in boca raton and sells alot of the south african boats. guy's name is bruce gibson
greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 12:24 PM   #4
tenacity

wow those are some nice kayaks... very sleek and looks like lots of cargo room ontop of it
Old 04-25-2012, 05:14 AM   #5
Murdoch

Hey guys,

I'm new to the site, and spearfishing, but have been lurking for a couple of months now. Live in QLD, Australia.

Most of my regular fishing is done from a Stealth Kayak, but not the Evolution. I went with the Fisha 550 model, as it's a bit faster, lighter, and is a beautiful trolling kayak. Holds up well in rough weather, and cruises at good pace when it's calm. Stable to fish up some decent size shark and mackerel, and easy to get in and out of if you happen to fall out (or go for a spear).

The evolutions have more space than the Fisha, and a bigger hatch for storage of gear and fish.

There is a website (www.akff.net/forum) that I got a lot of info from before getting this kayak, and there are plenty of guys on there who are mad about the Stealth range of kayaks. It has plenty of reviews and how to go about modifying them for different types of fishing.

Hope this helps,
Murdoch

ps - haven't dived off my Fisha yet, but it's only a matter of time until the weather clear and day off works coincides...
Murdoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:54 PM   #6
Topcat333
TheCleverFisherman

We dive off Hobie Outfitter and we love it, 2 tanks, gear, guns, poles, bit expensive BUT!!! I had one for 2 years and it developed a crack as we dive 2 - 3 times a week and Hobie replaced it for free!!!
Topcat333 is offline   Reply With Quote