Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing

Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing Post here to discuss regional action or issues about spearing on Florida's Gulfcoast.

Old 03-05-2021, 07:47 PM   #1
CuzzA

Trip Videos

This was from July and I just got around to editing it. A fishy trip for sure. I believe we limited hogs, ARS and gags that day. Also the day I coined DKay as the Gag Assassin. I think I've just about mastered my underwater speaking skills.

Anyway, I figured some of you might enjoy it. I haven't dove this year, but I'm gettin' the itch. Hopefully I get in the water before I get to edit some of the other trips from last year.

CuzzA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 06:26 AM   #2
dkay

Re: Trip Videos

Nice video Cuzza. Watching it is giving me the itch to get back in the water which hopefully shouldn’t be too far away. I’m ready to assassinate some more gags. Lol. And I’ve got to say that the video quality of that paralenz is way better than my GoPro. Thanks for posting!
dkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 08:44 AM   #3
CuzzA

Thanks, man. It's a pretty good camera. It does have some drawbacks like a non user replaceable camera, but I've had it replaced once already for free and a week turnaround time, and their customer service has been top notch. I still have to do some slight contrast and white balance adjustment as I think the color correcting tech is geared more for Caribbean clear water with better light penetration, nevertheless, it's better than GoPro. Their latest camera is probably much better, but not cheap. Though you don't have to buy any housings or red filters.

Looking forward to another fun year. Post apocalypse spearfishing.
Old 03-14-2021, 09:16 AM   #4
CuzzA

Out yesterday with DKay and Alyssa. Calm seas, good viz and lots of fish made for another fun trip. This video came out pretty good.

Old 03-15-2021, 10:42 AM   #5
jfjf

A lot of nice shots! I liked the one with the perfectly still Mangrove. not even a flicker of a tail! I also liked the: shoot the fish in the hole and then scan for sharks, before you reach in for it..Know that routine all too well.
jfjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 05:57 PM   #6
CuzzA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjf View Post
A lot of nice shots! I liked the one with the perfectly still Mangrove. not even a flicker of a tail! I also liked the: shoot the fish in the hole and then scan for sharks, before you reach in for it..Know that routine all too well.
Haha, thanks, Jim.

Yeah I had a pretty good day shooting, considering I haven't dove since December. A few stone shots. Both of those mangos didn't know what hit 'em. The second I got a bit lucky as he was angled to swim right off the shaft. Laid that sherpa down too. And those first two sheeps were a good distance away. I need to work on shooting higher on the hogs to stone them, but whenever I force it I seem to just give them a haircut.

Neither of those damn mangos in the crack were the intended target. There were a half dozen big boys hiding in that crack, with another dozen smaller ones. That first shot actually had two on the shaft. If you look close you can see a chunk of meat that pulled out from the big one under the little guy that decided to jump in front of the shot.

And you are right, only a fellow spearo would recognize the shark scan before diggin'. After too many frisky sandbar encounters I've learned my lesson this time of year. For whatever reason they seem to act like they're on crack in the Spring.

I hope you are well, my friend. Any interest in doing the TBSC again this year?
Old 03-15-2021, 08:49 PM   #7
jfjf

Yeah that was a fun time. I would love to do the tournament after the plague has subsided. Still waiting for my shots.
jfjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 06:10 PM   #8
Dbrown

Very nice James. I've done that morning ice climb and walk a few times! Always a fun trip with DKay and AK.
Dbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 07:45 PM   #9
CuzzA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrown View Post
Very nice James. I've done that morning ice climb and walk a few times! Always a fun trip with DKay and AK.
Thanks, Dave. Yessir, that might be the best damn ice in all of Tampa Bay and a slick convenient way to fill the coolers.
Old 03-31-2021, 09:47 PM   #10
CuzzA

Another trip from June I finally got around to editing. Someone is getting impatient... is it June 1st yet?

Subscribe to my channel if you haven't already. I am on pace for monitization in about ten years with YT new rules so every sub helps.

https://youtu.be/5l-Xu2wYl2o

Old 06-06-2021, 07:23 PM   #11
CuzzA

Trip from yesterday. Made a few mistakes and need to modify my gun. Good fun though.

https://youtu.be/pldyLtOJsD4

Old 06-06-2021, 08:50 PM   #12
Dbrown

Nice shaft recovery. I have my gun slightly weighted in the grip so with no spears it stands straight up and down on the bottom.
Dbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 09:15 PM   #13
CuzzA

Quote:
Nice shaft recovery. I have my gun slightly weighted in the grip so with no spears it stands straight up and down on the bottom.
Yes, though I would have rather had the shaft and the fish. An assist from the shark I guess.

Normally I'd be reloading the first shaft out of the three, so this has never happened to me and I know better to put my arms through the bands. Just a really bad mistake because I was confident I would track down the fish that swam off. There just wasn't but maybe 5 or 6 of those little flower pots all within about 50 feet.

On another board a guy has a ballast molded to fit my handle and is shipping to me. So that was the first and will be the last time that happens.

It was kind of funny in hindsight. It took me a good minute to realize what happened. I was like, "who the hell stole my gun!"
Old 06-06-2021, 09:51 PM   #14
SEATUX

Quote:
That is how I set up my guns, and they are easy to spot standing there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuzzA View Post

On another board a guy has a ballast molded to fit my handle and is shipping to me. So that was the first and will be the last time that happens.
I just took lead shot, mixed it with epoxy resin, and poured it in the hollow of the handle, works well.
SEATUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 07:15 AM   #15
DNAPL

Nice videos. What software do you use for video editing?
DNAPL is offline   Reply With Quote