Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Market Place > Member Items

Member Items This area is for members to list stuff they want to sell. This is not for retail sales.

Old 09-26-2012, 08:42 AM   #1
smilinmatt
Matt Brueckner

Spearguns

90 Sporasub Instinct Carbon - $150 obo
Comes with a nearly new 18mm band with screw-in adapters, and a 6.6mm RA shaft that's straight but rusty at the tip. Also a brand new 6.6mm RA shaft and two other old shafts (bent and straightish). The line release doesn't always reset (did this since day one and on another Instinct I had). If it doesn't reset, just take out the shaft and pull the trigger and it will reset.

70cm Rob Allen barrel and closed muzzle - $40
This thing has had about three years of hard use and looks like it, but functions fine. Whoever buys the 140 RA has first right to buy this (I won't sell it until the 140 sells).

140 Aluminum Rob Allen Vecta - $225 obo SOLD
I bought this gun originally as a 70, three or four years ago. I put on a 140 barrel with RA open muzzle about a year ago. It comes with four shafts. Three 7 x 190cm Orca shafts that have been bent and more or less straightened, and one 7.5 x 180cm RA shaft that is brand new. It has two 18mm bands that will need to be replaced soon (it doesn't need that much power, but I was shooting an 8mm with slip tip until a jewfish grabbed my fish and kept the whole rig).

130 OMER Master America (teak, not fir) - $300 obo SOLD
Comes with a 6.6mm RA shaft that's straight but rusty at the tip. Rigged with an 18mm band that you'll want to replace soon. It has the stainless steel screw-in adapters so you can tie your own bands. Also comes with two additional 7mm shafts (bent and straightish). It has two screw holes in the bottom from where I had a reel mounted. This gun shoots like a lazer but if the shaft is stopped (by hitting a fish) before the shooting line clears the muzzle sometimes it hangs up. I use it with a float line and I recommend whoever buys it does the same.

70 Omer T20 Aluminum - $100 obo SOLD
This started life as a 110 and I cut it down a few years ago. I added a JBL rail and an open muzzle. It has two 16mm bands and a 7mm RA shaft with a rusty tip.

8 x 170cm (for 130 or 140 gun) Technosport, stainless, threaded shaft with two large fins. Good shape, never bent - $30 SOLD

7 and 7.5 x 130cm (for 90 gun) RA, green handle shafts with one band notch. Both are new. These fit guns that accept the longer sear notch - oval instead of a half circle - $20 for both SOLD

Three 7 x 150 cfm (for 110 gun) used plated steel shafts, shark fin that's been bent, pinned shaft that's straight, and one notch green handle RA shaft that's straight. - $20 for all three. SOLD

All prices are plus shipping (or pickup in the Tampa area).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	spearguns.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	138.4 KB
ID:	179345  

Last edited by smilinmatt; 09-27-2012 at 03:11 PM.
smilinmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:44 AM   #2
PlusOne

Re: Spearguns

What's the deal with the Omer 130? How many bands and in what shape are they in? It appears you bought the gun on here for not much more than you are asking. You willing to go down some and provide a reel?
PlusOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:50 AM   #3
xpuddlepirate
Sunrise

Send a message via AIM to xpuddlepirate

Has the Blacktips replaced all these guns?
xpuddlepirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:45 AM   #4
smilinmatt
Matt Brueckner

Quote:
What's the deal with the Omer 130? How many bands and in what shape are they in? It appears you bought the gun on here for not much more than you are asking. You willing to go down some and provide a reel?
I tied a new band on it 3 or 4 months ago - it's still good and usable, but it's getting the surface cracks. It has a single inline band, but it does have a band slot for a second one. I can tie a new 16mm band if you want, but I'm out of 18 and 20mm material.

I did buy it here for around 325 or 350 (you can probably search for the post and see). It's not like it's an old Voit, I think $300 is a fair price for the gun.

As far as the reel goes, if you do any diving where you might get big fish or in bluewater, I wouldn't use one. The way the band bracket sits above the stock, the shooting line can tangle in the bracket if the shaft gets stopped. You can do a search and you'll find it's a problem with the design. Using a floatline is just better for this gun. That's the reason why a gun that shoots and looks twice as good as a Riffe Euro costs half as much (I have a Riffe Euro, and the only reason I'm not selling that one instead is my wife reminded me it was an anniversary present.)

I'll get some more pictures of it up later.

Quote:
Has the Blacktips replaced all these guns?
We are in the process of working on that. Just keeping a couple other Euros/rails as backup and loaner guns.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:09 PM   #5
Hogkilla

why is the Omer hanging up is it just because of the bent shafts you're using or is there another issue with the gun itself?
Hogkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:25 PM   #6
smilinmatt
Matt Brueckner

Quote:
why is the Omer hanging up is it just because of the bent shafts you're using or is there another issue with the gun itself?
I think it's the design of the band bracket. It's bolted on top of the stock. It allows the bands to be inline, but if the shooting line doesn't clear the bands before they straighten back out, it can loop around them. It's a common problem with the gun - if you search you can find other people addressing it. Probably part of the reason why a gun that's $700+ new sells for $300 used.

A word on the bent shafts - I keep them for tournament AJs or just any spot where I know my first shot is likely an AJ. Shoot the AJ, and you can horse it in without worrying about the shaft. After you get it in the boat, load a straight shaft and clean up on the "quality" fish at the spot. At the end of the day, straighten it out as best you can for the next time you plan on shooting an AJ.