Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Boating > Dive Boats 4-Sale

Dive Boats 4-Sale Have a dive boat you want to sell? Post photos and a good description, and you may just have some success.

Old 06-16-2021, 04:21 PM   #1
grey2112

For Sale - 2001 Cobia 250WA, 2013 Honda 250, 2013 Trailer - Central Florida

The infamous Pickled Pelican is for sale - a very sad day for me, but . . . . well, it is time.

2001 Cobia 250WA

2013 Honda 250 4-stroke

2013 Owens and Sons (Slide On) trailer

The details:

I purchased this boat in 2013. At the time it had the original Yamaha OX66 2-stroke and no trailer. While waiting for the trailer to be built we discovered that the powerhead on the Yamaha was compromised and decided to repower with the Honda.

HULL

First and foremost, I have used this boat a LOT. The vast majority of the time as a spear-fishing/dive boat, with maybe 10% use as a fishing boat. As a result, this boat will NOT win any beauty competitions. It has stains, chips, screw holes, a few spider cracks, dull metal, and faded bottom paint. I will do what I can to “pretty it up” without making it a major undertaking, but I will still be using this boat up until I get it sold, so fair warning. These pictures were taken today - give me a week or two when I'm not using it and the interior will look a LOT better, the exterior will too. I will do what I can to remove as many stains as possible. But the hull is rock solid, the hard top and piping is tough as nails and very sturdy.

I have had this boat out in 5+ foot seas in the Gulf and gotten back alive. It is a tough boat with a deep-V hull and the Honda powers it well. The trim tabs are a God-send since, having a deep-V, the boat is sensitive to trim and port-starboard balance. But this is why it can handle the rough stuff.

The boat is set up mainly for diving, and has spear gun racks, tank racks, and a custom dive ladder. All of this can be removed or refitted for fishing or family outings if you wish and the padded bolsters are in great condition because I never used them. The berth cushions are pristine (I never put them in the boat) and I set up a port-a-potty, berth cooler, and extra storage for anyone who wishes to do long trips or overnights. Plenty of air circulation in there as well.

Cushions were done 4 years ago and are in OK condition.

Large livewell that works.

2 starter batteries and 1 house battery, all on switches.

November 2020 saw the installation of 2 Garmin 9” touchscreen ECHOMAP UHD 94sv units with 2 transducers, allowing CHIRP, downscan, and sidescan. They have been awesome. As a bonus, I am including all my GPS fishing and diving numbers for your specific area. I have over 10,000 numbers from all over Florida – they won't all fit on the Garmins at once, so I will custom tailor them for the places you plan on going.

Electric trim tabs.

Standard Horizon GX2200 internal GPS VHF radio with 8 foot Shakespeare antenna (and a spare antenna as well!)

Fresh water washdown (10 gallon) – not working but probably just wiring. I will work on getting this up and running but if I can't then I will adjust price accordingly.

Hard top that provides a LOT of shade, with rocket launchers.

2 anchors, chain, and rode.

Large anchor ball/ring anchor retrieval system

138 gallon gas tank

Twin automatic bilge pumps

Interior lights, foot level LED deck lights, and two powerful lights on the hard top that shine towards the rear deck.

Engine:

2013 Honda 250 4-stroke. I purchased this brand new and it now has a little over 1000 hours on it. About 70% of those hours have been between 650 rpms and 1200 rpms for trolling, idling over divers, etc. I followed all break-in procedures, maintenance, etc. I recently replaced all the internal anodes, gaskets, filters, spark plugs, oxygen sensor, impeller pump, and adjusted the valves. I always used OEM parts. This engine has NEVER left me stranded or failed to start or perform. I have spare parts and a shop manual and will include that with the boat. With ¼ tank, two people, and excellent conditions I have gotten up to 3.75 mpg. I usually average about 2.5 mpg most days unless heavily loaded down or facing less-than-ideal conditions. The Coast Guard gets 5000 hours out of these engines, and then sells them to commercial fishermen who can get another 5000 out of them – rock solid reliability. Top speed I have gotten has been 41 mph, and my best cruise speed for fuel usage is 28 mph. Stainless steel prop in excellent condition.

Trailer:

Custom Slide-On (Owens and Sons – one of the BEST trailer makers out there). Dual axle, hydraulic surge brakes on both axles. Dual lights (guide-on pipe lights plus regular lights). Brakes are stainless. New tires in February of 2020 as well as new axles and brakes in February of 2020. I have replaced most of the carpet with slick plastics bunk tops to ensure easy loading and launching.

Extras:

I will throw in my berth cooler (fits perfectly in a cooler holder in the berth and will not move even in rough seas) as well as a 150 quart Coleman Extreme cooler that has built-in strap holders on the deck – sits right in front of the livewell and is a great spot for sitting, prepping bait, putting on dive gear, or as additional seating or a foot rest. Easily removable if you don't need it.

Porta-Potty fits under the table area in the berth - this will be included. Berth area can convert to seating with table, or sleeping area for 2-3 (thought a little tight with 3)

I also rigged up a passable “Eisenglass” surround that will in a pinch give some decent protection from rain, wave splash, etc. It hangs on the hard top with straps and bungies and protects the helmsman from the brunt of wave splash and rain. This will be included in a mesh dive bag that stores easily in the berth.

USCG safety gear, to include PFDs, throwable cushion.

Located in New Port Richey, FL (West Central part of the state). For interested parties I will take more pictures in much greater detail, answer all questions, and allow for surveys (your cost) and sea trials, but do NOT waste my time if you aren't serious.

Asking $24,500 for everything, and will meet up to 2 hours away to transfer. Cash or wire transfer only - I want both of us to be comfortable with the transfer of money, so it will be done in either my bank or yours. I will hold title and boat until everything clears, though cash means you get it immediately after bank verifies nothing is counterfeit.

I was planning on selling my 2004 Suburban 2500 tow vehicle if I get the boat sold. If you are looking for a package deal, let me know and we can discuss that as well.

As to why I am selling? Time to concentrate more on inshore, cruising, rivers, lakes and family time.

Any questions or requests for more detailed pictures please PM me or email me at ericfield@hotmail.com - do not post or ask questions in this ad.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3498.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	247085   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3500.jpg
Views:	437
Size:	131.3 KB
ID:	247086  
grey2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 06:00 PM   #2
grey2112

Re: For Sale - 2001 Cobia 250WA, 2013 Honda 250, 2013 Trailer - Central Florida

Sold
Old 06-22-2021, 07:10 AM   #3
sharpshooter

Congrats. That was fast.
sharpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 05:05 PM   #4
grey2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpshooter View Post
Congrats. That was fast.
Less than 48 hours - I know. Maybe I should have listed it for more - LOL
Old 06-23-2021, 02:32 PM   #5
sharpshooter

Just like the stock market. Need control on fear and greed. Set a sell price. It hits. Move on.
sharpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote