Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > General Topics (Non-regional) > General Spearfishing & Diving Discussion

General Spearfishing & Diving Discussion This is where you post to discuss general spearfishing topics that could apply to any region.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-16-2022, 02:12 PM   #1
renepotvin

Exclamation So yesterday I nearly died in BAJA

I hit my head at full speed on a ledge 15 feet from the bottom, a nice place to put a ledge, I still had 60 feet to go... mildly concussed, with the mask hanging on my nose, I had to fight against an incredible urge to breathe water all the way up to the surface. It felt like my body was fighting to kill me. This had never happened to me. Let's just say that I now know how it is possible to drown; it's a super strong signal to breathe in water, and it's absolutely terrifying. I've been freediving for 36 years, and I'm so addicted I dive over 100 days a year, and this was one of the worse accident I have had. A less experienced person would have died for sure, and with this current and low visibility no one could have helped in any way.

I did another 4 dives on this fish before I got it out. and check what a pleasant surprise I got lol.

https://youtu.be/uF8GkVg9KTU

Http://www.renepotvin.com

https://www.youtube.com/user/potvinr
Do subscribe, i'll subscribe back
renepotvin is offline   Reply With Quote