Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

Old 06-23-2004, 09:33 AM   #31
Rolo
Freediving Spearo

Quote:
Originally posted by Sheri
Your comment about "debates are healthy" is ludicrous. What you do is take pot shots, and it's pretty obvious that your sole intent is to discredit Wong guns.
Are you reading all my posts? How many times did I commend the "craftmanship" of Daryl's guns. It has never been my intent to discredit him, Sheri. I swear this on my mother's life. I'm not a liar, I believe and know for a fact the man is a wonderful person that puts out a great product. My initial question was about the Aimrite Railguns (the new ones). And this was after Mr. Aimrite himself and other members endorsed the "new" gun and he even posted pictures. How is this an attempt to discredit Daryl's guns? HOW? HOW? HOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have always respected you and will continue to do so, regardless of your comments towards me. At the end of the day, you don't pay my bills. You have no idea the type of man I am. Sheri, you are worshiped by many. Deservenly so. I stand by my statements and take solace in the fact that all I did was challenge convention, ask questions, and search for the truth. Galileo was almost killed for saying the world was round. Giordano Bruno was burned at the stake for it. Now, Rolando Jorge Veloso, is asking a question. What will you have for me? The Guillotine?

Last edited by RJVeloso; 06-23-2004 at 09:47 AM.
Rolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 09:34 AM   #32
Spearchucker

I got blasted for locking the previous argument thread, so as far as I am concerned, you guys can just have at it and kill each other.

Just don't piss and moan to me, the other moderators, or Scott when someone's feelings get hurt.

Scott or someone else may choose to lock it though.
Spearchucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 09:37 AM   #33
Sheri
So Little Time

RJ, you are quite full of misinformation.

I will stand by my original statement about Wong sponsorships. Aimrite is sponsoring a team in Hawaii with railguns. They are separate companies and different guns.....the question was about Wong guns. More specifically, it was aimed at Spearboard members who might have reason to be biased about Wong guns. Again, I am the only person who is on Spearboard who is sponsored by Wong.

Also, you are confusing an "RS license" with a "Federal Snapper Grouper permit". Pretty big difference. Chad and I both have an RS license, which allows us to take two cobias.

Any other questions, RJ?

(Spearchucker, we are big boys and girls here. Don't worry about hurt feelings. We don't come here with thin skins.)

Last edited by Sheri; 06-23-2004 at 09:42 AM.
Sheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 09:41 AM   #34
Rolo
Freediving Spearo

No, Sheri, no more questions. This thread can be deleted for all I care. Perhaps, we'll meet someday soon and you can learn first hand the type of person I am. I have friends that will take bullets for me and some even have put their lives in harms way for me.

I'm not the person you think I am. Someday, we'll chat and you'll quickly realize that I'm not sinister, envious, or with alterior motives. I try to void myself of negative emotions. Until we meet someday, dive safe and good luck at Nationals!

You also have a "carte blanche" invite to dive with me whenever you desire. I'm sure you'll pass on it. But I have a boat and anticipate being in the water quite a bit this summer.

Last edited by RJVeloso; 06-23-2004 at 09:44 AM.
Rolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 09:57 AM   #35
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

BOOO YAA!

Man, this takes me back to the good ole' days when spearboard was fresh & new. Made the hair on my arms stand up.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 10:08 AM   #36
Sheri
So Little Time

RJ, you know, I would probably like you if we were face to face. After all, we share a passion....love for a beautiful sport. I've met very few spearfishermen I didn't like.

I'm sure you are a fine person, and I really appreciate the invitation. You have a boat, you say? You're starting to look better and better....

Perhaps we will end up diving together this summer. I won't take a bullet for you, but I would stick with you and help defend against sharks. After all this, I still consider you my spearfishing brother.
Old 06-23-2004, 11:45 AM   #37
Larry-Miami
Extreme Diver

Send a message via Yahoo to Larry-Miami
Hello everyone! My name is Larry, and I have recently joined Spearboard. I must say that since I came across this forum, I have not been very productive at work. This will be my first post, so here is my take on all of this. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and the purpose of this forum “should” be to express our opinions and experiences with others for the sake of helping them become better at something which we all love (Spearfishing). Quite frequently we come across people that we don’t agree with (It happens almost everyday here in Miami). This is because everyone is different and everyone has their own opinion. Unfortunately, some people “including myself” tend to say or do things before thinking twice about it. My personality is very aggressive, yet I am a pushover with friends and loved ones. I like to tell stories and like to share my experiences. I don’t do this because I want to gloat about something I have that you don’t, or to tell you that I have done something you haven’t. I just want to peak an interest! If I meet someone for the first time and begin talking about spearfishing and they suddenly become interested in learning about it, that means there is someone else that I can go hunting with. My point is that, I joined this forum so that I could learn from others experiences, and hopefully develop friendships with people that share the same passion that I do (which I think is the same reason we all have). If I ask someone a question about a product that I have no knowledge of, everyone will read it. The problem begins when people start speculating the motives of another’s loyalty. In reality “who cares” if I have a Riffe and you have a Wong, we are just making conversation, and it is up to the person interested in purchasing a new gun whether or not to take the advice. We just need to think about what we are going to contribute to the forum before we start typing. Everyone has their reasons and preferences for certain products or establishments, and they almost always begin with a basic formula (good product, service, and communication). If I am asked about my experiences, I am more than happy to tell them. For example, if someone tells me that they are coming to Miami for the first time, I make it a point to ask if they would like any suggestions or just direct them to the best spots right from the start (Hotels, restaurants, local activities, etc.). If I have a preference in one of those restaurants, hotels, etc. Does this mean that I am on the payroll? Hell no! It just means that I have knowledge of this place or product and give my approval and would recommend it to anyone. I think that praise of ones product is great and should be taken for what it is, (pride for your toys, tools, or whatever you want to call them). Negativity is all around us and if you don’t make an effort to deter it, it will consume you.

That being said, I would like to invite anyone within Spearboard to send me a PM as I have already done with Sheri and Bahiano, so that the next time I write, we can discuss our adventures and new friends.

Extreme Divers Spearfishing Club
Larry-Miami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 11:51 AM   #38
RichT

Larry-Miami,
Excellent first post! I hope you stay a regular contributor to this great forum.
RichT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 12:01 PM   #39
PatMyGreen
Panama City Diving

Can I just say that I will gladly become one of Daryl's minions on Spearboard if he throws a free gun my way. Or Ricks from aimrite, or the Riffes, Hell I paid for first SS commercial and I'm pretty loyal to Kevin. Anyway I am a "whore for hire" and just wanted all you manufacturers to be aware of it.
PatMyGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 12:04 PM   #40
Jaizzen
Team HeadHunter

PMG

Didnt you just win a gun at the SBO!!!! How many do you need.

Just Kidding, you're too funy.

Jason
Old 06-23-2004, 12:12 PM   #41
diligaf

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry-Miami
[
That being said, I would like to invite anyone within Spearboard to send me a PM as I have already done with Sheri and Bahiano, so that the next time I write, we can discuss our adventures and new friends. [/b]
One of these days we need to setup a South Florida Spearboard charter (for free and scuba divers)... complete with having our fish cooked up at a local resturant.

Larry... welcome to Spearboard!
diligaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 12:14 PM   #42
Spearchucker

I would also like to throw my name in the "whore for hire" program. Hell, I will have "Wong" tattoed you know where if I get free spearguns for life
Spearchucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 12:29 PM   #43
Wet Spot
Stan Smith

Send a message via Yahoo to Wet Spot
Sheri, you never liked soap operas! You know that there's no need to defend yourself or Daryl. Anyone who's ever dealt with him knows that he's a first class individual. Is this a hair salon or a spearfishing forum? Some people just have toooo much time on their hands. Ya'll are all cutting into Sheri's diving time with this crap. over.
Old 06-23-2004, 12:43 PM   #44
Larry-Miami
Extreme Diver

Send a message via Yahoo to Larry-Miami
Hey Dave,

Thanks for the reply, I have the restaurant and the charter. My friend and neighbor owns and Sushi restaurant (Ruson Steakhouse) and whenever we come in with Lobster and or fresh fish he cooks it up however we want it (they have a sushi side along with Tempanaki tables like Benihana's). Yeeeeeah Baby!!!! As far as the charter is concerned, we can call up Modile Diver (Steve Moore). It would be my pleasure!

Extreme Divers Spearfishing Club
Larry-Miami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 02:37 PM   #45
Sheri
So Little Time

Quote:
Originally posted by Spearchucker
Hell, I will have "Wong" tattoed you know where if I get free spearguns for life
You sure there's enough room there? Haaar....

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, couldn't help myself. Just poking fun, Spearchucker. I'm sure you can take it. I'll let Daryl know you are available for the position though.

I've gotta get off this Spearboard and get back to work. Y'all quit writing stuff that makes me want to respond. I have things to do, responsibilities, work....fish to kill, garage to clean, gotta practice kayaking.....I've gotta get off of here!

Wet Spot, you bee so funny.