Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Market Place > Member Items

Member Items This area is for members to list stuff they want to sell. This is not for retail sales.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:53 PM   #91
Bill McIntyre

Re: More pinch weights, now in 2 lb size

Not that Tin Man needs any more demand, but yesterday I was reminded how such a simple thing as this weight can make life so much easier. I had a new wet suit, so I figured I needed to add two pounds to make up for the uncompressed new rubber.

There was no struggling, trying to thread a belt through a narrow slit or weave it in and out of slots. Just stick the pointed end of my belt through the slot, stretch the belt, slide the weight on, release the stretch, and the weight was locked in place.

No set screws to tighten and maybe split the belt if I tightened them too much. They really are a big improvement over every other weight I've tried.
Bill McIntyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:32 PM   #92
Tin Man

Sorry that I've had to put so many people off, and ask for your patience. It gives me a real thrill to know that people are using and enjoying something that I came up with. I just couldn't keep up, so I'm trying hard to get these made somewhere other than in my garage, and by someone other than me. I think (hope?) that I am pretty close to working that out. Hang in there just a little longer!
Tin Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 01:45 AM   #93
joelovesfishin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McIntyre View Post
Not that Tin Man needs any more demand, but yesterday I was reminded how such a simple thing as this weight can make life so much easier. I had a new wet suit, so I figured I needed to add two pounds to make up for the uncompressed new rubber.

There was no struggling, trying to thread a belt through a narrow slit or weave it in and out of slots. Just stick the pointed end of my belt through the slot, stretch the belt, slide the weight on, release the stretch, and the weight was locked in place.

No set screws to tighten and maybe split the belt if I tightened them too much. They really are a big improvement over every other weight I've tried.

I agree Bill. It’s so nice to be able to slip weights on/off with ease. I was adjusting my buoyancy from a boat and it was even easy to do it in the water. Great design!
joelovesfishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:18 AM   #94
kjflyfish
snorklin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Man View Post
Sorry that I've had to put so many people off, and ask for your patience. It gives me a real thrill to know that people are using and enjoying something that I came up with. I just couldn't keep up, so I'm trying hard to get these made somewhere other than in my garage, and by someone other than me. I think (hope?) that I am pretty close to working that out. Hang in there just a little longer!
You need to get one of the big companies to pay you tons of money for that design, plus a kickback for each one sold.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:02 PM   #95
LunkerBuster
Hungry Fish

i jsut wanted to throw more fuel onto this fire by adding that these weights are amazing..they are the only weights I have ever used and i hear other divers complain about their weights for this and that reason and I have no idea what they are talking about.....my weights don't do that hahaha

thanks again tin man

i hope you are able to get these mass produced...at a nice profit for you of course
LunkerBuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:36 PM   #96
Dave Nelson

Yes! Please do get them mass produced. I need some!
Dave Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:45 AM   #97
Jersey Jim

I use the thick Omer rubber belt (Marseilles) and the uncoated "Sea Peals" weights fit the belt perfectly. Until now, that's the only weight I've found that works with the belt I have.

Link to Sea Pearls from Leisurepro:
http://tinyurl.com/dj5cub

Link to Omer rubber belt with marseille buckle from Leisurepro
http://tinyurl.com/d2keho

Link to Sea Pearl website:
http://www.seapearls.com/
Jersey Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:47 AM   #98
Oakes

If anyone has one Tinman's weight molds they want to sell PLEASE contact me!!! that mold is a work of art.
Oakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:27 AM   #99
Calif_Diver

Does any one have any of the 1.25 lb tin man pinch weights they might want to sell me. You guys who bought the molds got any for sale?
Calif_Diver is offline   Reply With Quote