Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Market Place > Member Items

Member Items This area is for members to list stuff they want to sell. This is not for retail sales.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-02-2008, 09:35 PM   #46
AquaHunter
Ray Ayus, Jr.

Re: Power head - Quick Slip On Powerhead and belt pouch for 9/32(7mm) or 5/16(8mm) sh

Seems I cant PM PargoAmargo, I would like to make an inquirey

Mercruiser, Evinrude, Crusader, Johnson, Volvo Penta, Mercury, OMC, Mariner, Force, Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki, Nissan, Tohatsu, Yanmar, PWC, and Jet drive are my specialty. For mobile service, e-mail me at RayAyusJr@yahoo.com or text me at 619-756-0972

Speardeals
AquaHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 09:43 PM   #47
ShootIt

Re: Power head - Quick Slip On Powerhead and belt pouch for 9/32(7mm) or 5/16(8mm) sh

I think he posts on the other spearfishing site ******************. Could be wrong but I think I have seen someone with that name posting there
ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 10:53 PM   #48
Relapse

He was banned from there too.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:59 PM   #49
ShootIt

AquaHunter, check with Ray Oder, I think he sells them he is on the board and a SB sponser I think
ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 10:43 PM   #50
Tiburon

Just a little update! I checked out Ray Oder's website and yes, he carries both the ppds and the carrying case. I will also tell you that they don't compare to Pargo's when it comes to quality and finish. A good try none the less but when it comes to ppd those that are sealed just work better. Hope this helps.
Tiburon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 10:45 PM   #51
Teh Wicked

www.spearfishing.cc

Ray's powerhead work excellent and they work forever instead of 1 time use...Just dont test fire them into a rock
Teh Wicked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 10:56 PM   #52
seahunter49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Wicked View Post
www.spearfishing.cc

Ray's powerhead work excellent and they work forever instead of 1 time use...Just dont test fire them into a rock
And don't lose your powerheads on the first dive after you get them

BTW it's pretty ignorant of scuba spearfishers to comment negatively on tool designed for freedive spearfishers.
seahunter49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 11:17 PM   #53
t-bone1
t-bone1

Looking to purchase a few can you p.m me the paypal link?
t-bone1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 10:24 AM   #54
Christo
Wong spearo

You seem to market quality hard to source gearI am keen on those powerheads as I am doing more blue water hunting offshore, but I need a firearms user licence to be able to import it into my country, which I don't have
It's difficult to acquire one as the authorities fear being overthrown or widespread anarchy if they allow you oneBTW I am pleased with my 'Seahunter' fin blade purchase and would like to know what other gear you have for sale
Christo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 04:15 PM   #55
seahunter49

Thanks Christo. The gear that you see me offer is what I use myself. Some of it was hard to source like you said and some I had to make up myself. To me tweaking gear is an integral part of spearfishing.

I will no longer be selling the 5/16 PH. I mainly use 9/32 shafts so to avoid confusion when carrying a PH I reduce the diameter of the first 1.5 inches on my 5/16 shafts to 9/32 diameter. This way I don't need to match the PH diameter with the shaft diameter and everything is 9/32 (7mm). So in conclusion 9/32 diameter PH are still available.

I have one 5/16 diameter powerhead left, $15 takes it.
Old 04-05-2008, 01:53 PM   #56
Kadiver
wtf...

I like the idea of the slip on power heads, and would like to get acouple. I have a Reloadable, and agree they are to heavy for what I carry it for, plus the damn side screw that keeps it on the shaft, has came out twice, which makes its useless!! But what is the advantage of sealing the whole PH? VS using the open nose style, that uses a rubber hose to affix it to the shaft? And I might be wrong, but I would think the epoxy that seals the round in the back, might give more room for misfire, than one that has direct contact between the primer, and the spear point.
Let me know your thoughts.
Old 04-05-2008, 02:19 PM   #57
branclark1
Time4DecoStop

Some reason I can't send a PM, I am intersted in buying one...
branclark1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 03:20 PM   #58
seahunter49

Send pm's to seahunter49, Pargo user ID is not working.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadiver View Post
what is the advantage of sealing the whole PH? VS using the open nose style, that uses a rubber hose to affix it to the shaft? And I might be wrong, but I would think the epoxy that seals the round in the back, might give more room for misfire, than one that has direct contact between the primer, and the spear point.
Let me know your thoughts.
The PPDs that use the rubber hose fail on a regular basis. The cause of the failure is the play that the spear point has inside the rubber hose. The spear point strikes outside the firing area. It is easy to see upon inspection of the round that misfired. There will be a dent outside the firing area. A machined aluminum PH with very close tolerance to the diameter of the shaft does not allow this to happen. The spear point strikes in the same spot every time. For this design to work the round must be inserted from the front. In this case there is no way to keep it in place but with epoxy.

Epoxy is used to seal the front of the PH. Soft sealant is used to seal the back that comes in contact with the spear point. The spear point has no problem penetrating this.
Old 04-05-2008, 04:10 PM   #59
Kadiver
wtf...

I dont imagine you use a 2-ton epoxy to seal the front, what is recomended? Do you still have the 5/16 PH Sea Hunter?
Old 04-05-2008, 04:31 PM   #60
seahunter49

I previously stated that these PH are reloadable. To reload you need to get the empty shell case out. Most of the time it will not come out by hitting it from the back. A lathe must be used to redo the hole thus cutting away the empty shell case. So, it's reloadable only if you have access to a lathe and know what you're doing. If you got that far then the epoxy is the easy part, you can use the two part epoxy stick from home depot.

Still have the one 5/16.