Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Market Place > Member Items

Member Items This area is for members to list stuff they want to sell. This is not for retail sales.

Old 08-18-2017, 02:44 PM   #1
Manavie

Abellan Denton "120" (130 bandstretch)

--SOLD --

The majority of those in spearfishing know about why these guns are rarely for sale, but for those who don't I've included the ingenuity that makes them out of this world. I'll post more pictures later.

This "120" by name has 130cm bandstretch to the last fin. Because it swings so well it can be used on the reef but also has 6m tuna penetration power (15cm hard styroboard) so it can be used for blue water. I have personally shot 1.5lb-40lb fish here in Hawaii with her. They call this size the 120 because it compares to the size of an average 120cm wooden gun, but of course you the the bandstretch of a 130cm. Very awesome.

Here is what makes this gun amazing with both accuracy, minimal recoil, and sexiness. This is why you rarely see them for sale.

1)bands lay flat inline with the shaft so all power is transferred forward and not at an angle

2)muzzle has special cage so bands are all the way to front, this means more bandstretch and shorter gun! No waisted space..

3)handle is placed high on stalk which gives it much less recoil supporting great accuracy.

4)Cuttlefish shape for smooth swinging.

5)The mech is smooth as butter even with heavy loads on a 8mm shaft. Will accept all shafts diameters up to 8.5mm.

6)shallow track creates less friction and more power can be delivered into the shaft than enclosed or high track. When guns are designed well the shaft leaves the gun stable without need for a track to rub against. Also track is raised so awesome to aim! See pics.

7)handle is shaped ergonomically. This is a right handed model, but you can easily change it out for a left.

8)ballast can be changed to your preference thanks to handle and muzzle compartments.

Comes with a brand new Hunt 8mm shaft, has recessed streamlined flopper and rest tab with dog house. Trigger guard is full. Comes with Abellan reel, you put in your favorite line. Also includes a used 7.5mm Rob Allen but I dislike the tiny pins that are only the height of mono for loading.

You can run 2 or 3 bands depending on what shaft and loading preferences you have.

ONLY reason selling is because I am buying another and a friend already has this size to loan me when I need a few extra cm's for blue water.

A few nice quarter surface dings and surface scratches from diving from shore in surf. Just get whatever company recommends for touchups. Wish I could get a used gun instead of buying new!

New this gun is $950+SH. Selling for $700+$SH. If you have a Denton 110, hip reel, satellite texting device, Gopro 5, karma gimble grip, or mavic pro drone might be willing to work something into the price.

Aloha!

Last edited by Manavie; 09-03-2017 at 02:43 AM.
Manavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 09:42 PM   #2
landongold

Re: Abellan Denton "120" (130 bandstretch)

Where you located?

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk
landongold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 09:57 PM   #3
Manavie

Quote:
Originally Posted by landongold View Post
Where you located?

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Big Island of Hawaii.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-28-2017, 05:25 PM   #4
Manavie

Abellan Denton "120" (130 bandstretch)

Made a one time price drop of $75 to $700. I'm leaving to Indonesia for 2 months sept13th so if you want this gun let me know asap or you are going to be waiting a while.

Old 08-28-2017, 05:52 PM   #5
kavachi
the deeper the blue.....

what guns you taking to Indo mate? spearguns i mean, not step-ups!
kavachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 09:24 PM   #6
Manavie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavachi View Post
what guns you taking to Indo mate? spearguns i mean, not step-ups!

Hahha. Yeah no 9mms if that's what step-ups refers to.

At this moment we are going to be staying in tiny villages on small islands and don't have enough experience to go chasing large doggies so we will be bringing Denton "110's" (120cm bandstretch) for mostly everything and also a Denton "120" for backup.

Have you been?

Old 08-28-2017, 09:48 PM   #7
kavachi
the deeper the blue.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manavie View Post
Hahha. Yeah no 9mms if that's what step-ups refers to.
At this moment we are going to be staying in tiny villages on small islands and don't have enough experience to go chasing large doggies so we will be bringing Denton "110's" (120cm bandstretch) for mostly everything and also a Denton "120" for backup.
Have you been?
not Indo for a long time, but live in remote villages in Pacific. By step-up i meant surfboard
Dentons make fantastic one gun quiver mate! just take plenty of spare shafts, shooting line, rubber, floppers and pins, cos shooting to feed the village you go thru gear, and if you run out....
ditto spare mask, snorkel, fin/blade
band rubber does deteriorate pretty quick on the equator, cryovac a couple of lengths in a Foodsaver helps preserve it. and its a pretty valuable barter item in the islands too
make sure youve got a small file too, keep those shaft tips in reasonable shape
kavachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 02:18 AM   #8
Manavie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavachi View Post
not Indo for a long time, but live in remote villages in Pacific. By step-up i meant surfboard

Dentons make fantastic one gun quiver mate! just take plenty of spare shafts, shooting line, rubber, floppers and pins, cos shooting to feed the village you go thru gear, and if you run out....

ditto spare mask, snorkel, fin/blade

band rubber does deteriorate pretty quick on the equator, cryovac a couple of lengths in a Foodsaver helps preserve it. and its a pretty valuable barter item in the islands too

make sure youve got a small file too, keep those shaft tips in reasonable shape

Thanks for the tips! Absolutely got backups to backups. And 6 shafts each just incase Which area of three pacific have you spend time in villages?

Old 08-29-2017, 11:30 AM   #9
Behslayer

Kavachi, have you spent much time in Uluwatu in the past? Perhaps we've shredded it?

Manavie, I'm not sure if I've been speaking with your crew, but I lived in Indonesia for 23 years and travelled quite a bit if you have any questions about where you are going. A smaller gun is sometimes good as you can have good spearfishing in or near the Wavezone and it's rough with currents laying on the bottom.
Behslayer is offline   Reply With Quote