Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Photos > Spearfishing Photos

Spearfishing Photos Use this area as your "Brag Board," posting photos of your haul.

Old 06-01-2015, 02:25 PM   #16
brabuspwr

Re: Spearfishing Los Cabos, Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehloken View Post
brabuspwr I see you are still in confrontation over this, get over it and it's not all that difficult to find spearfishing charters.

Spear Max has been very tolerable and from what I seen just deleted some post from personal attacks on the dive outfit that you keep wanting to slander.

About from post seven until the rest of your posts make it more beneficial to learn how when and where to go spearfishing.
Thanks for the critique and that is what I will do.

The Italian DP Spearo and I had went out with Rob in Kona "Blue Water Hunter" last year. The guy is a pro and knew what he was doing. Unfortunately on the day that we went out, we didn't see anything worth spearing. It was partly my fault because I brought my baby fins(because we were traveling and the shop does not rent long fins. They were only for purchase and I wasn't going to spend a few hundred bucks just to use it once and then pay extra luggage fees). We couldn't go in far enough from shore(yes, a blue water without a boat ride) because of the crazy current and we were worried that my fins wouldn't bring me back to shore. It is normal to have a hit and miss day but I would not pay for a blue water trip ever again without a boat.

I had a very pleasant experience with Javier and the crew from Arpon Spearfishing at Playa Del Carmen. Went out with them two times and they are very professional with unbeatable price. He even kept his words and provide a private trip at the group rate because the others couldn't make it. Highly recommended! Those are the three jacks the Peruvian spearos managed to hit on the first trip. I would recommend bringing your own equipment including a banded speargun. No airguns in Mexico.

One thing you are wrong about: that I am "still in confrontation" and the need to "get over it". Let me ask you what you would have done if you were in this situation?

The victim that had his credit cards stolen and charged left a negative review on tripadvisor.com(Not me, not my friend DP Spearo). Next thing I know Niko sent me a cease and desist letter and threatening to sue me with his Mexicano lawyers. So since that letter(can forward it to anyone wish to look at it) I left him a negative review on tripadvisor.com and posted on spearboard. It was a wrong move(that I didn't know at the time) to post the same content on so many threads and site administrator deleted them because of spamming(that I didn't intent to do).

I don't have the need to "get over it" because they are just small time crooks that found a way to set their customers up for some creative jacking. No one will lose sleep over it and it really isn't worth my time to do this. But when they think they can keep people that they stole from quiet with his so called "cease and desist" letter and Cabo lawyers then I have a problem with that.

I believe this is the right thing to do to warn fellow spearos of such people/business and prevent them from getting jacked. It is not only about the money. It is about the reputation of spearfishing as a whole. Spearfishing trips (water sports in general) requires people to leave things on the boat. Regardless if there is money, valuables or not, it is a crime even if they just look through your personal items when you are in the water. After reading these threads people will know not to bring anything valuable on board spearfishing trips(water sport) and definitely not with these guys. It is no fun to worry about if the operators are going through your things while you are in the water trying to focus on breathing, techniques and spearing the fish.

Everything we posted are facts and things that actually happened with proof. Even others that DP Spearo and I don't know had their credit cards stolen and charged. We have no need to make false and damaging statements on this "dive outfit". We are not attacking them. We are simply trying to warn others of the crimes that they did. Believe it or not, it is up to the reader. Whatever the "dive outfit" is trying to do is simply - "thieves crying 'stop the thieves'!"

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140726_190355.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	133.3 KB
ID:	218253  

Last edited by brabuspwr; 06-01-2015 at 03:23 PM.
brabuspwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 03:13 PM   #17
stevencabo
tercermundista

Send a message via Yahoo to stevencabo

Not really enjoying the southerly direction this thread is taking. Here's a recent picture of the OP, apparently he's still getting his fish!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	132.6 KB
ID:	218262  
stevencabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 07:24 PM   #18
PistoleroDelMar
Pistolero Del Mar

Send a message via MSN to PistoleroDelMar

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbabs View Post
Thanks for the tip. I saw pistoleros in tripadviser and have been in touch with them for years. I was super excited to hit blue water with them but was very, VERY disapointed with the entire trip. As a matter of fact, if it werent for an amazing guide , I would have requested that my CC company reverse the charges. They were VERY late to the dock. No boat, no driver. No confirmation. when we arrived at the dive site, someone had been there for a couple hours. didnt see a single fish (thats the way it goes though). The boat then ran out of gas hours from shore! towed for a couple hours. No real fish, no fun in the baking sun, home at 8.30 pm. Gonzos several emails to me always started with the same sentance. "so sorry to have taken so long to respond" ....
live and learn
It is such a shame that this trip was such a failure, like I explained to you before I assume full responsibility for what happened, but I would like to have a chance to explain everybody the circumstances that lead to such a bad trip.

First of all in all the years of Pistoleros del mar, you have been the only unhappy customers we ever had, you can ask around and I can guarantee no one has had a bad trip with us.

The couple days before your arrival our ProKat developed some problems on one of the engines and we decided it was not safe to use it anymore until it was serviced, we already had other clients at the time so we were obligated to use our other boat for those guys, we were not happy but we had to hire another boat to take you guys out, again not ideal and we hate doing this, only 2 times in an emergency we have done this before.

You say we were late at the dock, the problem is that we never set up a time or place to meet, I tried calling you the day before several times and emailed you, but with no luck, it was already 10 pm and I wasn’t sure if you guys still wanted to go out, (not the first time we have clients not showing up), since we didn’t have a time or place to meet and I wasn’t sure if you guys were coming, we told the other boat to wait at his house just in case we could get a hold of you in the morning.

To make matter worst, Patrick was in another trip with other clients and I was in Dallas training just about to enter a simulator session that lasted 4 hours, for my new job in the airlines out of La Paz. Either way I was able to coordinate a trip for you guys, sure it was late because I never heard back from you guys the day before.

The boat running out of gas, it is totally unacceptable and we would never hire that boat again, totally unprofessional and dangerous, we take the blame for making a bad decision but at the same time you have to understand it was out of our control.

Now like I told you before on my previous emails, I invite you to try our service next time you are In Baja, I can assure you the idea you have about us will totally change and many divers here know that we are a top notch operation. Your next trip is on us, totally free if that is what it takes to change your mind.

"Baja Spearfishing Adventures"

PistoleroDelMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 09:36 PM   #19
SpearoTastic
Homebound Spearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaBum View Post
Your next trip is on us, totally free if that is what it takes to change your mind.
You cannot ask for better customer service than that.

Vegetarian - that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". - Andy Rooney

Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it. - Proverbs 22:6 (NIV)

KEEP CALM AND CHIVE ON
SpearoTastic is offline   Reply With Quote