Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > Non-Gun DIY Projects and Customizations

Non-Gun DIY Projects and Customizations This section is for your DIY spearfishing projects and customization other then spearguns.

Old 05-17-2012, 01:32 AM   #1
chuam
Marcus Chua

Anyone have a tinman mold?

I have access to a ton of lead and I wanted to pour my own but a buddy that used to have a tinman mold no longer has it. Does anyone have one they want to lend me? I'll pay shipping and handling both ways and also pour you some weights that you can keep/sell.

Let me know.

Thanks

Science flies you to the moon
Religion flies you into buildings

chuam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:18 PM   #2
miguelitro
Me llamo Mike Candra

Re: Anyone have a tinman mold?

Maybe this is an okay place to ask, if not this can be nuked. It seems impossible to find these weights or molds, assuming you are talking about the 1lb pinch weights, so how would one go about making a simple one time use mold?
I am thinking some 1/8 plate could be formed for the curved side then thicker(3/16") plate for the flat side, the belt slot and base. This would be easy to fabricte and weld together,maybe an hour of work and 10$ in materials. The to find the lead...
I have the problem of not wanting to check my lead due to weight limits and I cannot carry on weights over 2 or 3 lbs, the tsa took two or three 5 lbers from me last time I flew down but left me my two pounders. I would rather have multiple 1 lb pich style weights any ways.
If this works I can make two or more just as easy if anyone in San Diego wants an imperfect 1 lb weight mold.
Thanks for Any info.
Mike