Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing

Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing Post here to discuss regional action or issues about spearing on Florida's Gulfcoast.

Old 09-28-2021, 11:24 AM   #1
mleach2114

Hernando 9/26/21

Started in a shallower area about 30' and its pea soup, 5ft viz max.

Moved out to 50' and it was hazy but shootable, maybe 15-20' horizontal viz, lots of particulate in the column. Temp around 84. First drop i shot 3 hogs, wasn't paying attention on the first hog and closed the stringer with the fish outside of the clamp and he got off. Luckily it floated to the surface and we were able to recover.

Second dive not much going on, shot one mangrove. Nice sheepshead got the jump on me before i could pull the trigger.

In total the group boated 1 gag, a few hogs, few Mangrove Snapper with one monster topping 21". Bumpy going out and most of morning, laid down for a nice ride home.

Between 30-50' on the way out and back in saw several dead and bloated bait fish, grunts, eels, puffers and a huge gag. Looking like a red tide bloom which was reported to FWC.

https://youtu.be/q0HMQrJjqH8
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8882.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	147.8 KB
ID:	247366  
mleach2114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 06:56 PM   #2
grey2112

Re: Hernando 9/26/21

This was the viz in 30'-35'