Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-19-2014, 01:59 PM   #1
Danr2442

San Diego pros! Down for a free trip? Sept 26/27

So here's the deal, my best friend is getting married in San Diego, and we just so happen to have a good friend that lives there who is lending us his half-yacht for the duration of our visit. I'm the only one with any experience, and my experience is mostly in cold water kelp patties and fresh water.

I brought up the idea as an activity, and everyone is into the idea, but I'm not particularly good at instructing, nor do I have any real clue to where any good locations might be. We're all in our late 20s, so i don't suspect it'll be a huge headache or anything.

Sooo, if you're experienced, know the area, don't mind giving a little direction, and would like to have a total blast with people you've never met before, we can hook you up with a free charter on an awesome boat and go pretty much anywhere you'd like.

The trip will probably be on the 26th or 27th of September, Shoot me a message on here or go ahead and email me Danr2442@gmail.com
Danr2442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 02:54 PM   #2
arice

Re: San Diego pros! Down for a free trip? Sept 26/27

Which half of the yacht is he loaning you?
arice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 03:00 PM   #3
Danr2442

Quote:
Originally Posted by arice View Post
Which half of the yacht is he loaning you?
Heh, cute, I think thats just what it's called. I'm no boat expert. It's a small yacht, 3 bdrm 2 1/2 bath, big deck... all that good stuff.
Old 08-19-2014, 03:47 PM   #4
arice

I thought maybe it was one of these. http://yachtpals.com/sinking-boat-9192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danr2442 View Post
Heh, cute, I think thats just what it's called. I'm no boat expert. It's a small yacht, 3 bdrm 2 1/2 bath, big deck... all that good stuff.
arice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 07:04 PM   #5
Danr2442

bump
Old 08-19-2014, 10:19 PM   #6
270Win

I'd probably help you guys, but will be out on a friends boat that weekend -- if the dates change, shoot me a PM. Couple things which may get you a little more help on this site... What size boat is this? From your description it sounds pretty large.... a "half yacht" isn't a class of boat and tells you nothing about the size. Will you have a captain aboard experienced in piloting it? -- you better. From your description this could be a 50' vessel... the average guy on this board hasn't piloted a boat even half that size. You guys prepared to share the cost of gas -- it could easily work out to $200+ a person on a large boat if you go offshore. You guys looking to spearfish, hook and line, both? Do you have gear? Is this vessel equipped to fish? Have a livewell? Lot's of questions which will greatly affect the type of trip you could do. Sounds like this could be a fun trip... if you still have no takers by the 27th, shoot me a PM, and I'll give you the most recent offshore reports... things changed daily.
270Win is offline   Reply With Quote