Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Old 08-25-2013, 10:24 PM   #1
U/C Spearo
Formerly BNERAP

Pacific Coast Championships ?

I have not read anything about the PCC this year. Are plans being made for an event this year ? Just curious what happen to this traditional championship.

Thanks

U/C Spearo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:13 PM   #2
rojodiablo
My spawn kills on....

Re: Pacific Coast Championships ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by U/C Spearo View Post
I have not read anything about the PCC this year. Are plans being made for an event this year ? Just curious what happen to this traditional championship.

Thanks
SDFD just asked me about this on Saturday. What are we gonna do? I have not heard from CenCal, nothing.

Are you guys down for setting it up, can you pull it off? If not, we might be able to do something, but brother I have this lobster thing I am tied to right now.......

I mean- we GOTTA do it. That is without question. I am calling Dennis right now to hit him up.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:32 AM   #3
Spearforfun

The format for the last few years has been a ton of fun. I hope it stays in San Simeon. Camping with everyone kicks butt.
Spearforfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:41 PM   #4
U/C Spearo
Formerly BNERAP

Paul, all pass this on to our board.

Be safe

U/C Spearo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:36 AM   #5
alrolex72
Monterey Triton

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojodiablo View Post
SDFD just asked me about this on Saturday. What are we gonna do? I have not heard from CenCal, nothing.

Are you guys down for setting it up, can you pull it off? If not, we might be able to do something, but brother I have this lobster thing I am tied to right now.......

I mean- we GOTTA do it. That is without question. I am calling Dennis right now to hit him up.
I have just put up a formal post for the PCC's on the Triton Members Section. The tentative date is October 12th. Once you get all the final details organized, please send it my way so that I can pass it along.

Thanks for the effort, it is greatly appreciated.
CenCal Spearfishing
Monterey Bay Tritions
alrolex72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:53 PM   #6
slodiver

I've been watching for postings also. I was going to try to contact Kelsea? I believe that the sponsoring club is out of Long Beach and they have the trophies. Looking forward to a good event.
slodiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:01 PM   #7
CaptainLeo

Alright guys here's the thing, I told them I was going to be competing this year and the mere thought of that was pretty astounding. He sanctioning commitee decided to just give me the trophy right now to save the embarrassment of the others. On a side note, they asked me to never sign up to compete again so other people would have a chan e at so king something. Sorry for any confusion.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:09 PM   #8
rojodiablo
My spawn kills on....

Quote:
Originally Posted by slodiver View Post
I've been watching for postings also. I was going to try to contact Kelsea? I believe that the sponsoring club is out of Long Beach and they have the trophies. Looking forward to a good event.
The councils, not the clubs actually are in charge of the event. It used to be, years ago that clubs would come from San Diego to Washington, and sometimes from Hawaii.

For quite sometime, it really boiled down to a street brawl between Cen-Cal and the LA Fathomiers.

Great days are upon us, we now have NorCal, SD, and Los Angeles competing with Cen Cal.
Clubs have had to pull the extra weight a few times when councils were not able to put a meet together, as Kelsey put it together via the Fathomiers last year.
This year, it looks like NorCal will run the show!
Old 08-29-2013, 11:03 PM   #9
dennishaussler

Dennis Belcher with Norcal divers is willing to organize and get things going for the meet, but right now, we have about 4 divers from cencal that have responded.
Not sure about the tritons, not all of them are on the cencal list. I cannot make the 12th, the 5th would work better for me, but do what works best for the masses.
Love to make this one again, see if I can get my name on the trophy 1 more time.

120 ft
Cause its a long way up,,,,,,,,
dennishaussler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:31 AM   #10
mbhalihunter

the central valley tritons
Old 08-30-2013, 09:55 AM   #11
dennishaussler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbhalihunter View Post
the central valley tritons
THought it was the Monterey tritons????

120 ft
Old 08-30-2013, 09:56 AM   #12
dennishaussler

Re: Pacific Coast Championships ? UPDATE ON DATE

Talking with a few folks,
Oct 5th would be better for the PCC's. Lets hear who is in on that, as Dennis is ready to get this rolling.
Paul, email me with your email address, I cannot find the one I got for you.
dennis@20fathoms.com

120 ft
Old 08-30-2013, 11:48 AM   #13
dennisb925

Okay,
Let's get this going, I am proposing Saturday October 5, 2013 in the San Simeon Campground. Working on putting the complete proposal together Sunday.

I am going to need a couple volunteers to help on the day of the event to help with collecting, weighing of the fish, score board (someone that you can read their writing) and what ever else may come up.

If anyone is interested in putting their two cents in I am willing to do a conference call Tuesday. Please contact me to get information on this call. Here is how I tend to work - if you call in or offer assistance you will have input on what happens or how it is organized. If no one calls in or has any input I have no problem making decisions. I have found this works for most club functions so I will apply it to the PCC's.

We have a very short window on pulling this together and I will need help.
First thing is to get the word out, Add my email address to club correspondence and / or supply me with email addresses to add to the information that I post.

What is everyone thought on the minimum amount of divers to get registered to have this competition? My thought is 18? What was the attendance last year? Am I being over optimistic especially with so little notice!

Let's have some FUN
Dennis Belcher
Northern California Skin Divers
dennisb@dbelcher.com
dennisb925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:28 PM   #14
415dvr

That's not going to give Silviera much time to start feeding and taming the locals.
I did catch Dennis' appeal to him to become involved but his excuse of being too busy with work and then seeing him post up his shit from the So Pacific just furthered my decision to pass on this event just by his association.

Good luck to all participants that play straight. This used to be a hell of an event.
415dvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:58 PM   #15
Spear n Surf
Waterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisb925 View Post
Okay,
Let's get this going, I am proposing Saturday October 5, 2013 in the San Simeon Campground. Working on putting the complete proposal together Sunday.

I am going to need a couple volunteers to help on the day of the event to help with collecting, weighing of the fish, score board (someone that you can read their writing) and what ever else may come up.

If anyone is interested in putting their two cents in I am willing to do a conference call Tuesday. Please contact me to get information on this call. Here is how I tend to work - if you call in or offer assistance you will have input on what happens or how it is organized. If no one calls in or has any input I have no problem making decisions. I have found this works for most club functions so I will apply it to the PCC's.

We have a very short window on pulling this together and I will need help.
First thing is to get the word out, Add my email address to club correspondence and / or supply me with email addresses to add to the information that I post.

What is everyone thought on the minimum amount of divers to get registered to have this competition? My thought is 18? What was the attendance last year? Am I being over optimistic especially with so little notice!

Let's have some FUN
Dennis Belcher
Northern California Skin Divers
dennisb@dbelcher.com
Thanks dennis! Looking forward to it!