Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

Old 11-12-2013, 10:48 PM   #76
slingshaft
Hunter, Gatherer

Re: Fat Guy and a Freedive Gun

~ Yeah, get busy with those rubbers!
slingshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:32 AM   #77
leatherlip

Rob’s guns are the best!
You spearo’s will enjoy this one! I’ve already got three guns (not Rob Allen’s). So my wife decided to get me the gun that I love, for my birthday – Rob Allen Vecta 110 rail gun.
So being an old hand loading spearguns this gun loaded fine – no problem. That afternoon my daughter wanted me to load it – so no problem BUT…..
First mistake – do not load spearguns outside the water.
Second mistake – do not wear normal shirt – that’s what wetsuits with loading patches are for.
Third mistake – don’t load it on your birthday!!!
I was about to hook the rubber in – the butt slipped on my chest and the rail part and spear hit me on the head and resulted in a huge cut over my head. I was rushed off to hospital and received 20 stitches for a nice cut over my head and spent some time in their ICU unit (just to stabilize). Luckily it did not hit me on my forehead or nose – that would have been fatal.
Bottom line – the Rob Allen gun is the only gun on my side, I do not miss a fish, and I trust it with my life. Powerful and very accurate
leatherlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 05:32 PM   #78
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Thanks, Moose...I was trying to remember the name of this thread! Good stuff, here.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 05:41 PM   #79
Spear One
Retired Comm. Shooter

I went back and read this entire thread.......quite a trip down memory lane for sure. I also noticed that quite a few members who posted in the thread no longer post here. I can’t help but wonder where they are now and why they no longer post.

Manufactured By: Spearfishing Specialties (727)-548-7686

E-mail: oceanrhino@gmail.com Web: OceanRhino.com
Spear One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 05:45 PM   #80
Spear One
Retired Comm. Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLIAN View Post
Really old thread. That guy moose prob retired from spearing.
Negatory on that. Moose is still slingin’ steel but not with a euro gun!

Manufactured By: Spearfishing Specialties (727)-548-7686

E-mail: oceanrhino@gmail.com Web: OceanRhino.com
Spear One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 08:29 PM   #81
CuzzA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoose View Post
Now you would think, lucking out with an 8th place pick I had basically the entire table of very expensive scuba gear to pick from and what do I do………..The fat “bubble blower” picks out the longest freedive gun on the rack. My buds looked at me in utter disbelief. I always wanted to try one and I never would have bought one so getting it as a prize made sense. Could I have picked a more expensive prize? Yes, but I’m not one to pick for resale, I pick for what I want and in many cases what I want is generally something I don’t need.

This is where things get difficult. The Rob Allen rail gun is a device of beauty as is any fish killing device that have had a lot of thought put into it. I stared at it all the way home, admiring its’ length and sharp lines awaiting the time when I got home to really get a good look at it………..You know, cocking it and swinging it around,,, pointing it at the cat……Don’t laugh, all of you have done it! When I got home I ran into the bedroom, put on my Speedos and thew that long thing of beauty up on my hip and…………………….HOW THE F#*k DO YOU COCK THIS THING!!??!!.....Now I would like to think that I’m pretty strong and could cock any manufactured speargun on the market but I about blew a nut out trying to get the first band on! I said to myself that SLAYER had this exact gun and although I never actually saw him cock it, he always came up with fish!?! So I sat back and thought about it for awhile……Hmmmmm, I remember seeing one of those fancy freediver wet suits with a “loading pad” in the middle of the chest. Bingo!!! That must be the trick!!!......Shizit! When I put the handle to my chest and stretched out my arms they were a solid 20” from even making contact from to the band!.... This is BULLS@#T!!! Somebody Must be playing a joke on me!......You know that I can not sleep until I cock this thing, so after about 6 attempts at hip loading, with tears running down my cheek I made the first knotch. After 4 more attempts I managed to get the second band piled up on the same knotch as the first……I then devised that I could easily put the butt to my chest and move the last band into place in the back knotch….. Here I stand, holding enough stored energy to enable nuclear fusion!!............Now I’ve slayed quite a few dragons in my time, and all with a single band hornet loaded with a spear twice the diameter of the Rob Allen. What fish could possibly need this much power!! Are these Euro Palagics hiding behind 1972 Lincon town car doors!?! What am I missing here besides all the hair in the middle of my chest that is permanently embedded into the rubberized handle of my new Euro weapon!.........And if you think cocking this thing was hard you should try uncocking!!!! Needless to say I need some advice. So please let me into the inner circle and explain to me exactly how to cock this thing.
That is some funny shit. I'm enjoying some of these zombie threads, Marcus.
CuzzA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 04:31 PM   #82
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

lol...I figured this is a perfect venue to sell my gun that I won in a spearfishing tournament. Never used, stored in closet. Rubber need to be replaced.
I figure someone with more temerity, than I, could use it. Yep, u see it. 3 shafts, 1 already strung up w/ shock cord. This thing is a beast of a freediving gun. Omer carbon fiber 130. Better put on your big boy pants and eat your Wheaties bitch.
Make a reasonable offer. You pay shipping costs if'n I have to do the grunt work, box it up, and get it to you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0513.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	145.6 KB
ID:	248893   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0514.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	145.1 KB
ID:	248894   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0515.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	248895   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0516.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	145.0 KB
ID:	248896  
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 06:44 AM   #83
Mikel_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
lol...I figured this is a perfect venue to sell my gun that I won in a spearfishing tournament. Never used, stored in closet. Rubber need to be replaced.
I figure someone with more temerity, than I, could use it. Yep, u see it. 3 shafts, 1 already strung up w/ shock cord. This thing is a beast of a freediving gun. Omer carbon fiber 130. Better put on your big boy pants and eat your Wheaties bitch.
Make a reasonable offer. You pay shipping costs if'n I have to do the grunt work, box it up, and get it to you.
Any gun with a circular rubber that goes through a hole in the stock or muzzle below the center line of the shaft applies a vertical component in the pulling force of the bands that forces the tail of the shaft against the barrel... No bueno.

That's why all of the current guns with this setup have a full track.

The solution is not difficult, it just requires to add a full lenth glue-on track to that barrel and you are good to go.

Cool gun anyway!

Last edited by Mikel_24; 04-13-2023 at 10:32 AM.
Mikel_24 is offline   Reply With Quote