Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing

Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing Post here to discuss regional action or issues about spearing on Florida's Gulfcoast.

Old 07-08-2004, 08:55 AM   #61
PatMyGreen
Panama City Diving

Tommy
It would appear that you might not actually mean to piss everyone off, or at least give little thought to it until EVERYONE is pissed. I have little experience fishing and am just a rec. guy.That doesn't matter here, this is a medium for people to exchange ideas, stories and other information. In my experience as a human (all my life) I have learned how to get my message across without coming off like an ass. How about, I've seldom caught fish of that size and variety in the waters you mentioned. Have you ever incountered them there before?
I have been told copperhead snakes don't range into Florida, but some how a friend of mine got bit by one. The fact that wild animals don't stay in the places our experts say they are supposed to be has been raised on this board before.
Is it possible that because you have ass-u-me-d that those fish would not be present in some spots, and therefore not targeted them there, it shouldn't suprise you that you never caught them?
Scott
I love this board and am amazed by all the work that must go into it by you and others to keep it going. I hope it will continue to grow in the spirit it was founded.

Last edited by PatMyGreen; 07-08-2004 at 08:57 AM.
PatMyGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 03:11 PM   #62
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Re: Middle Grounds..Tale of the Square Tails

bump
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 04:15 PM   #63
Gary Schulte

Send a message via AIM to Gary Schulte

Wasn’t that the guy that got hit by a prop?
Gary Schulte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 04:51 PM   #64
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Schulte View Post
Wasn’t that the guy that got hit by a prop?
Hmm...I kind of remember that. I had to try and rescue a guy that got his leg caught up in a prop (Hamburger). My wife and I were fishing in the bay. It wasn't pretty. I xported him to the nearest house (retired medic) Helicopter flew in, multiple IV bags, was in a coma for a couple weeks before they pulled the plug.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote