Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Old 11-28-2007, 11:22 PM   #1
Fishizelle

Euro vs Competitor

I was in Miami visiting my brother a couple of weeks ago. I took my Euro 100cm and my brother brought out is Competitor 3S. My bro really wanted to try out the Euro after reading all the reviews on it. Thats why I bought it. After switching guns for a bit we both agreed that the Euro has an incredibility noticeable kick to it compared to the Competitor. This is my first big gun so I really didn't know any better until shooting the Competitor. The best way I can describe it is like shooting hand guns. With the 45mm I aim a little lower when shooting my target because of the kick vs the 9mm where I aim dead on. What do you guys have to say about these guns?
Fishizelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 11:25 PM   #2
divefilm

Re: Euro vs Competitor

Of course. The euro has less weight to it, so it will be more kick. It still shoots like a laser beam though. My buddy has one and its insanely accurate. I think my next gun will be a Riffe euro. I currently use a Wong CF hybrid 55" and love it, but the magna track that the euro has is tough to beat.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:31 PM   #3
Kingspear
Dive And Let Die

I disagree! I had the Comp 3x and it kicked like a freaking mule. Alot of guys love that gun but after a year of that I couldn't take it any longer and sold it. I really like the Euro my buddy owns and it is very accurate.

I think alot of it has to do with the design of the handle and how high your wrist is to the shaft. I think the Euro is much better designed and a nicer gun. I would never own another Comp but I would love a Euro.

PS. If you over power it i'm sure it will also kick so leave it at 2 bands, 3 is not good.

Ephraim

Kingspear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 11:31 PM   #4
OwenH

I use a 100cm euro alot and I don't really notice much kick, and it definitely doesn't seem change the accuracy. You should just get used to it as long as it's accurate.
OwenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 09:51 PM   #5
Fishizelle

The gun is staying and I realize it takes a little time just to get used to just wanted to hear some opinions.
Fishizelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 02:37 AM   #6
Polystigma
No Bananas!

Disagree as well. I have been using my RIFFE Euro 110cm since it came out. I have never experienced any noticeable recoil.

And I am sure all other Euro users will agree.
Polystigma is offline   Reply With Quote