Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Tournament and Event Archives > 2007 Tournament Archives > OMER Hatteras Blue Water Open - July 28-30, 2007

OMER Hatteras Blue Water Open - July 28-30, 2007 2007 is the 6th year of this invitational meet that will be held in Hatteras, North Carolina over three days, from Friday July 28th to Sunday July 30th, 2007.

Old 06-18-2007, 12:34 PM   #1
RabiSpear
Blake Gaylord

Hatteras Blue Water Open Travel Board

Its that time of year again. Last year, I started a thread like this and ended up meeting two new people and splitting a rental car from Newport News to the OBX. I booked my travel last week and I will arrive in Newport News at around 11 on Wed. night and I am leaving mid-day on Monday. I'd like to hook up with someone else and split car expenses.

Other than that, it is time to kill some fish up in Carolina. They are having a great year of fishing up there so far. Deep water, big fish, spearos from all over the world...doesn't get any better!
Old 06-18-2007, 01:59 PM   #2
Mattedhead
Matt Head

Re: Hatteras Blue Water Open Travel Board

I'm amped...Hatteras is always a good time! We'll be coming in on I-40E to 64E if anyone needs a ride from GSO or RDU. Space for 1 maybe 2 if we bring the skiff.
Mattedhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 07:05 PM   #3
virgili

I'll arrive from Boston at Norfolk airport on wen. 11th at about 10h30 am. a car is rented and if anyone need a ride, welcome aboard!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	logo_jpeg_en.jpg
Views:	962
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	56477  
virgili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 08:26 PM   #4
LA Diver

When is the open? And does anyone have room on their boat? I will split cost as I am a boat owner also and know the ropes. I will trade a trip if someone wants to come shoot on the rigs here in LA.
LA Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 01:24 PM   #5
Mattedhead
Matt Head

LA Diver:
Here is the site:
http://omerdiving.com/newsview.aspx?news=12

Our boat is full, but there is no problem getting you on a boat as they use a number of charter captains. Your best bet is to contact Mark Laboccetta for more info. Their contact info is on the webpage.

Matt
Old 06-20-2007, 11:41 AM   #6
virgili

"Fin Quest" is full: V. Popescu, K. Fricker, J. Majeski, R. Blackwood, D. Halsworth, P. Virgili. and... the inevitable CAPTAIN DON!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	logo_jpeg_en.jpg
Views:	897
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	56585  
virgili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 12:11 PM   #7
Mattedhead
Matt Head

Capt Don is awesome! The Fin Quest has more experience running freedivers than any other sportfisher in Hatteras. You guys will have a blast!
Old 06-21-2007, 01:14 PM   #8
OBX Fish Killer

Any one that needs a place to stay give me a call. I have a condo in Hatteras with in walking distance of Hatteras Landing Marina where it is hosted. I'd be willing to cut a deal for someone in the tourney. I will be there also and have rented it to speros before. Thanks

Jed

Give me a call at 252 305 1412.
OBX Fish Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 06:58 PM   #9
berty

hey dude your in luck i live right here in newport news va and im also going to kill some fish down in nc if you still need a ride get with me at puertoricanjaws@yahoo.com let me know bud ill hook you up!!!!!!
berty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 12:48 PM   #10
manowar

Get someone to change the dates on the Spearboard heading, it's July 13-14-15-2007 for the Omer Bluewater Open
manowar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 08:19 AM   #11
RabiSpear
Blake Gaylord

So quiet here. There needs to be some smack talk going on! I am freaking pumped. Each year, from the day I leave Hatteras, I think about this tournament until the day I get back. I think about each dive in the blue water and whether I'll see a wahoo or a tuna, another 88lb AJ or a 35lb AP. Like Brando last year on one of the shallow wrecks, 80 feet deep and he sees a huge yellowfin tuna- too bad he choked. All my gear is decked out now- new bands, new line, new crimps. Let's do this thing!

BTW, no one is flying in on Wed night?
Old 07-03-2007, 10:15 AM   #12
johnspear23

Dude I feel the same way. Hatteras is a crazy place you never know what you are going to see, that's what makes it so exciting. My girlfriend was giving me a hard time last night because there are a few things I have been putting off doing in our apartment. She said "All you have been doing lately is working on your spear fishing gear. You are OBSESSED!!" ha ha ha I told her I'll get it done when I get back from Hatteras but until then I'm busy. I'm predicting a Jersey sweep for the top spots. I don't think it will be such a surprise since Jersey is known for their Blue water hunters….

I'm counting down the days. See you guys down there

John Majeski
johnspear23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:19 AM   #13
blueh2oboy
Professional Snorkeller

Ragin Cajun, The Colonel, Juanita Girl, and Blueh2oballs will be departing Orlando around 1200hrs on the 11th with the great white hope in Tow. There will be a minimum of 2 dozen spearguns, 87 extra shafts 1200 yards of 400lb test monofilament shooting line, 7 Filet knives, chum, 13 cases of Naty Light, 3 UW cameras, 15 pairs of Carbon fiber fins, 12 wetsuits, 43 gloves, a ar of mustard, 2 lbs of turkey and a bag of Pretzels.
Ready to kill fish.
Drink cheap Beer,
Make fun of the inbreds in NC,
Stay in a flea bag motel,
burn a lot of gas
and see all the guys.
Kill kill kill

www.Spearblog.com Stories, videos, how-to, pictures, and all out spearfishing lies from Cameron Kirkconnell

Team Riffe
SaltLife

www.youtube.com/user/cameronkirkconnell
blueh2oboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:21 PM   #14
RabiSpear
Blake Gaylord

The Floridians are back in effect this year! By my count we should have at least a dozen divers in the water and probably more. Somehow, we let the left coasters infiltrate our ranks at the top of the leader board in the recent past. I predict that the smack will be laid down this year by the Florida Boys- In spite of the fact that OMER has laid down the spearfishing equivalent of the "Jordan Rules" in order to hold us down.

It is worth traveling to the Open just to see the gear show and talk to the true masters of our sport. Seriously, it is rumored that some of these guys actually have pilot fish that swim with them as they hunt. Whippersnappers like me have to kiss the ring.

Kill, Kill, Kill.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:33 PM   #15
manowar

Here is your updated Hatteras Report. Bluewater everywhere, Very little current everywhere, Fish everywhere. Cam and Blake, are you and your merry band of Florida pranksters going to wear matching trunks like you did the year Cam won? It seemed to work for you. I'm going to the Proteus, British Splendor, and Dixie Arrow tomorrow. I'll report later.............

Watch the inbred local jokes, we are sensitive about our sisters
manowar is offline   Reply With Quote