Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Suggestions, Complaints, Support and Testing > Testing

Testing Use this area to conduct tests, such as making sure that the avatar actually shows-up!

Old 10-22-2020, 06:57 AM   #1
SEATUX

Is there a God?

https://www.livescience.com/63854-st...ys-no-god.html
SEATUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 01:32 PM   #2
Alashaman
PB 66Lbs WSB

Re: Is there a God?

As with most things in the Scientific realm... there are zero final conclusions to be drawn... science is the exercise of creating a theory... attempting to prove it... coming to a conclusion that you know might be incorrect but you believe to be accurate based on your current knowledge... and then accepting it can and will change as more information becomes available.

For those that make definitive statements that science holds all of the answers.. . remember that science only knows what it thinks it knows or what it can currently 'prove' with current technology and all of it is subject to changing. That is the beauty of science, it evolves as we gain knowledge.

Stating that some scientist is 100% correct and never willing to alter that option is the least scientific thing anyone could do. If you want to know if there is a God, that is a personal journey you must undertake yourself. There is no social media site or blog that will answer that question for you.

A vast majority of the planet agrees in a higher power, a creator and that there is a plan. I have found that there are two types of people. Those that believe in God, and those that have never looked for themselves
Alashaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 02:54 PM   #3
North Star
Max

Is there a God? Yes, yes there is. I will tell you what compelling evidence led me there:

1. Creation. This fantastically designed creation had a Designer. It did not and could not have happened by blind chance, as evolution asserts. Science (which Christians are huge supporters of) has never proved that blind chance has produced anything with life. The irreducible complexity of even a single cell that can reproduce requires that it had to come into existence all at once: no natural process could have produced it out of non-living matter.

2. Conscience. God has placed in every man the knowledge of Himself and of His moral code. That is why the vast, vast majority of humanity always has and always will acknowledge and worship a God of some kind. Men the world over from the most primitive to the most educated are religious; they all acknowledge a universal moral code at a basic level and the existence of a God who will hold them accountable to that code. God built the knowledge of Himself in us, and no amount of philosophical reasoning can shake it out of us.

3. Christ. God has revealed Himself to us in the person of Jesus Christ. The way we know there is a God, is that He has come and visited us and walked among us for 33 years. He was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, was crucified, died, and was buried. He rose again from the grave after three days, and forty days later He ascended into heaven. Jesus was God in human flesh. His birth, His perfect life, His teachings, His miracles, and His resurrection cannot be explained any other way than by concluding He is God. No mere human could have led His life.

4. Communication. God has communicated with us through the Bible. This book is the revelation of God. For 40 different human authors to write 66 different books over a period of 1500 years; and yet to have a unified non-contradictory revelation that has consistency in its design, its doctrine, and its central theme of redemption through God's promised and revealed Son, is the indication that a single divine author and mind was inspiring it and bringing it all together. The perfectly fulfilled prophecies in the Bible that came true 100% of the time in all their details shows that an omniscient mind was revealing the future before those future events ever occurred.

5. Conversion. The proof of the existence of God is in the radical transformation He worked in my life and in the lives of millions of others when we were born again, placed our faith in Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of our sins, and were transformed into new people who now have a personal relationship with God. God exists because He changed my life radically, decisively, and comprehensively when I was born again; and He has done the same for millions of others.

So - It involves faith, but it is no blind leap of faith. There is a solid scientific, historic, and philosophical basis for believing in God.
Old 10-22-2020, 03:12 PM   #4
North Star
Max

Seatux,

From the article: "We have this one life to appreciate the grand design of the universe," Hawking concludes the first chapter of his final book, "and for that I am extremely grateful."

Ahh, his faith is showing through - the universe has a "grand design." Wonder who the designer was? None other than God.

And he is "extremely grateful"...but to Who? Gratitude is directed to a person, not to a subatomic singularity. God is the object of his gratitude, because subconsciously, he recognizes that God provided this wondrous universe for him to wonder at.

Stephen Hawking now believes in God, because upon his death he met Him face to face.
Old 10-23-2020, 04:37 AM   #5
2fishin2
Pacific Spearo

Weak minded people believe in gods
2fishin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 10:20 AM   #6
Alashaman
PB 66Lbs WSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fishin2 View Post
It is way harder to believe in a god and adopt his values than it is to make silly statements on the Internet
Alashaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 02:53 PM   #7
North Star
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fishin2 View Post
The willfully blind refuse to believe in God. Overwhelming evidence for the existence of God is rejected because they hate the idea of accountability to God or submission to God.

But denying the facts don't make them go away. It just makes for really bad outcomes in the end when those facts become undeniable. Stephen Hawking now knows this, and so will you.
Old 10-23-2020, 04:18 PM   #8
jfjf

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Star View Post
The willfully blind refuse to believe in God. Overwhelming evidence for the existence of God is rejected because they hate the idea of accountability to God or submission to God.

But denying the facts don't make them go away. It just makes for really bad outcomes in the end when those facts become undeniable. Stephen Hawking now knows this, and so will you.
I thought you didn't believe in gods? I'm sooo confused.

and now for something potentially useful:

https://youtu.be/TUD3pE3ZsQI

jfjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 09:23 PM   #9
North Star
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjf View Post
I thought you didn't believe in gods? I'm sooo confused.

and now for something potentially useful:

https://youtu.be/TUD3pE3ZsQI

I guess they never taught you the difference between singular and plural nouns in school?