Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All Other Gear

All Other Gear Tanks, BCDs, Regs, Fins, Stringers, and all other gear we use in Spearfishing.

Old 04-07-2017, 06:37 AM   #16
Chuuken
Mike Wilborn

Re: new spearo wetsuit reccomendations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreediveCA View Post
Mike, thanks for sharing your routine. I'm not in nearly as cold of conditions, but am admittedly a pansy when it comes to temperature. I may have to use your post dive routine.

OP, Mike basically hit the nail on the head right there. Cleaning is not too difficult. All about rinsing and proper drying. The only thing I would add to his cleanup suggestion is Pine Sol. I don't use it after every dive, but every few or couple dives when I have my suit in my utility sink rinsing I fill the sink with water and Pine Sol and let it sit for a bit then rinse. Gets rid of the smell and any leftover piss/sweat/etc. Would also like to reiterate what Mike said about drying inside out. I have had a very expensive suit glue to itself due to improper drying. Avoid that and make sure it dries completely before turning it right side in.

No problem! One last tip that might help a new comer:

When we hang our suits up, we use a push-broom handle or a length of pvc pipe through one leg of the inside-out pants and then hook the beavertail of the jacket over the pipe next to it. It beats the heck out of draping it over something. Nothing touches the neoprene. hang it till the rubber is dry, then flip it right-side-out again and let it hang until the nylon is dry too.

I think when I first got the suit I was hanging it over doors and such. That leaves nasty lines in the neoprene...
Chuuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 07:34 PM   #17
Dkintz

Thanks for all the help everyone. I think im going to get a mako 5mm 2 piece with an attached hood. As for my cleaning regimen. After every dive I just throw the suit in a giant "Tupperware" tub with a little dawn dish detergent. It was what my dive shop recommended.

Any recommendations on camo color for the suit?
Dkintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:38 AM   #18
Chuuken
Mike Wilborn

Camo is up to you, but unless you find NH waters to be exceptionally clear, I don't think you'll go wrong with the green/brown camo that seems to be default for mako.
Chuuken is offline   Reply With Quote