Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-14-2014, 03:43 PM   #31
Bob Ballew

Re: Ocean related Book Club 1st read: SECRET SEAS by Carlos Eyles

No maritime library is complete without a 1st Edition copy of, "The Sea of Cortez" by Ray Cannon, the ultimate yarn spinner....non-fiction about the Cortez in the old days of fishing and diving....
...a Carlos story:... I was a young college student in the late 60's driving down PCH in my old VW bug with speargun stuck out the window...a crazy guy starts waving me over and demanded to know if I was a spearfisherman?..."yep"....the next day, we ended up at Long Point, Catalina on his 6 mph Owens, where I speared my first yellowtail...
...last time I was waved down by Carlos, I was going past Emerald Bay on a solo dive trip, when a crazy guy started yelling at "the Red Boat"and I pulled in next to a sailboat with only Carlos and 2 topless chicks on board...had a glass of wine with them, took off to go diving and left him to his fate, but, not before he gave me a signed copy of his new book, "Last of the Bluewater Hunters" with a Bluewater Meet photo of us in it......
Bob Ballew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 04:48 PM   #32
darian
Extreme Snorkeling

Where can you get copies of the Len Jones books? I don't see them anywhere in stock.

AlexbeeintheUK, I just got Sea Stalking the other day on Amazon from a independent seller for around $16, it'll pop up every once in a while. It's only 57 pages, if I had a scanner, I'd scan it for you.
darian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 07:40 PM   #33
Shootafish2

"The Hungry Ocean" by Linda Greenlaw. She was the captain of the sister ship that "The Perfect Storm" was about. Excellent book about the ocean, commercial fishing, etc,

"Look back in forgiveness, forward in hope, down in compassion, and up with gratitude."

Zig Ziglar
Shootafish2 is offline   Reply With Quote