Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Old 04-10-2016, 02:20 PM   #46
Namor
Goletard

Re: Another Neptonics Bikini Pic with Floatline and not much else...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojodiablo View Post
Okay, time to go to West Hollywood and find a 'Rice Queen' to pose and make Namor happy.

Jeremy, when did you go for a swim in Lake Dick???!!!

Neptonics- TAKE MY MONEY!!!!
I don't even know what you are referring to with this nomenclature and don't want to. I've always been a dick about this kinda of stuff, maybe you just didn't notice before because we were in agreement on other issue.

Jeremy
Old 04-10-2016, 02:22 PM   #47
Namor
Goletard

[quote=norcalsurfer;2097941]This

Namor, go ahead and flog yourself for secretly enjoying the pic.[/QUOT

I got this in a message re this thread. Thanks to the forum member who sent it to me

"If I were you I'd point out that you're the one with the female dive buddy whereas all these guys are pretty much sitting at home beating off to floatline ads.

Jeremy
Old 04-10-2016, 02:39 PM   #48
Namor
Goletard

[quote=aussie;2098018].

About that "girl"

The young woman's name is Shane. I know because she is a very close friend of mine and I organised the shoot. Not only did I organise it but I suggested it and take full responsibility for doing so. If you're offended by it I apologise, and your objection should be directed toward me.

First off I would like to say I respect your opinion and in many ways agree with you. I'm a staunch feminist, champion equal rights and have supported many causes and associations promoting as such. I'm lucky enough to consider some of my closest friends to be extremely successful, independent, intelligent women.

Shane (the girl from the photoshoot) is one of the fiercest, most independent women I know. She's extremely smart, driven and incredibly talented. She also loves white seabass and has a thing for yellowtail poke. I know because I've cooked her both. She's happy for me to do the spearing while she sticks to ballet and silks.

I suggested we do a shoot because she's in school and as we know school in the U.S is prohibitively expensive. If we got her a look book together she could easily make $1250-$2500 a day modelling. Right now she's working part time for $10 an hour.

A look book is what models use to show to agents. It's a catch 22, no book, no agent, no agent no pics to stick in a book. I talked to Josh and figured we could do a fun, sexy shoot that would help Shane get some shots together meanwhile give Neptonics something to use to promote gear.

My inspiration came from Pirelli calendars. The most coveted campaign a model could ever do. Only the most successful women are used for their campaigns. They are raunchy and fun as hell. Shane loved the idea, she's proud of her body and works damn hard to keep it in shape. I came up with half a dozen different ideas, we walked down to the beach and took pics for an hour. What you see are the results.

Again, I'm not here to challenge you or your partner's views, just to shed some light on the backstory. I would also like to add that I consider the guys from Sturgill and Greg and Vanessa from Freedive Shop to be my friends. As you can see below they have also partaken in similar advertising strategies. I pray you continue to shop at all three stores. They are all good...."

Thanks for your comments,

Undoubtably a lot of this is in the eye of the beholder. I find the Sturgil ad to pretty cheesy too, but not as sleazy for some reason, but I think the freedive pinup style ad is sort of a middle road image that for whatever reason doesn't set off my "puritanical " streak. None of them really sell to me, but I'm clearly not the target audience.
Maybe my dive bud wouldn't like either of them, I don't know.

As far as your part in the creation of the images and wanting to echo the look and style of the Perelli tire ads, you really hit the target. I shit you not, I literally thought, "this ad really looks like the perilli Calandar. if it were black and white it could be a Hemelt Newton image"

As usual when I open my mouth on this forum about anything above the waters surface I regret doing so in some regards. I stand by what I said and haven't changed my feelings about it, but if neptonics wants to delete the thread and start over i Will not be posting on it.

That said I hope some thought is given to my reaction and the reactions of other divers who don't occupy the same demographic as the majority of the responders to this thread.

Thanks to all who sent me PMs of support for stating my opinion , and to those who were willing to post up in support on my comments on the thread.

Jeremy
Old 04-10-2016, 03:32 PM   #49
aussie

[quote=Namor;2098147]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie View Post

As usual when I open my mouth on this forum about anything above the waters surface I regret doing so in some regards. I stand by what I said and haven't changed my feelings about it...

Jeremy
And nor do I believe you should. As I said I completely respect your opinion (and share many of your beliefs). Just because we see the world slightly differently doesn't mean either of our opinions are any less valid. My ego took a slight hit when you called them sleazy as I'd like to think I was a little classier than that. But nevertheless when you put yourself out there you're gonna have to take the hits.

Shane says no hard feelings btw.
Old 04-10-2016, 10:22 PM   #50
WESTBURY

Jeremy,
Whether I agree or not with you, you comments always make me think.
And for that, I thank you.

WESTBURY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 12:08 AM   #51
rojodiablo
My spawn kills on....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namor View Post
I don't even know what you are referring to with this nomenclature and don't want to. I've always been a dick about this kinda of stuff, maybe you just didn't notice before because we were in agreement on other issue.

Jeremy
Just messing with you; the sarcasm does not always come shining thru.

Lest we forget, I have plenty of experience with female divers having to try and balance exposure and advertising. I know there is a balance, and it's delicate, to say the least.

Now, Neptonics- Hurry up with that clear floatline.
Old 04-11-2016, 01:23 AM   #52
mainphrame

Location: Your so called secret spots and places your momma wont let you go to!

Quote:
Just messing with you; the sarcasm does not always come shining thru.

Lest we forget, I have plenty of experience with female divers having to try and balance exposure and advertising. I know there is a balance, and it's delicate, to say the least.

Now, Neptonics- Hurry up with that clear floatline.
LMFAO!
mainphrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 09:50 AM   #53
415dvr

Quote:
Lest we forget, I have plenty of experience with female divers having to try and balance exposure and advertising.
Yeah, that's always gone well
415dvr is offline   Reply With Quote