Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > General Topics (Non-regional) > General Spearfishing & Diving Discussion

General Spearfishing & Diving Discussion This is where you post to discuss general spearfishing topics that could apply to any region.

Old 05-29-2022, 11:31 PM   #16
virgili

Re: Ever got bit by a fish? I did!

this fish like to bite in my hand...

https://youtu.be/vh-7Y-OH1Tk

www.divefreeapp.com

https://www.youtube.com/user/spearfishingmotion
virgili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 06:26 AM   #17
kwyoungspear

Yeah I had a grouper bite my penis 3 weeks ago. It got infected.
Old 06-02-2022, 01:55 PM   #18
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwyoungspear View Post
Yeah I had a grouper bite my penis 3 weeks ago. It got infected.
The grouper got infected?

I took my wife fishing the other day. She came back with a red snapper.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 05:39 AM   #19
MADMAX

Agree with Sharpshooter. Had a trigger fish bite me between my eyes while lobstering in KW.
Mad Max
MADMAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 12:03 PM   #20
kmoose
Team Headhunter

In 240’…. My left thumb joint has been ravaged several times over the years from big carbos.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=igUKiXzmYIk
Old 07-28-2022, 12:11 PM   #21
renepotvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoose View Post
In 240’…. My left thumb joint has been ravaged several times over the years from big carbos.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=igUKiXzmYIk
well, if you choose to put your hand in there, that doesn't count lol. Don't do this with a large cubera unless you have armor

Http://www.renepotvin.com

https://www.youtube.com/user/potvinr
Do subscribe, i'll subscribe back
renepotvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 12:35 PM   #22
kmoose
Team Headhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by renepotvin View Post
well, if you choose to put your hand in there, that doesn't count lol. Don't do this with a large cubera unless you have armor
Maybe it’s just a character flaw but I do what it takes to complete a harvest effort on a shot fish. Sometimes it takes a big hand on a big lower jaw to pull one out. Little boo boos don’t bother me if it puts them on the boat.
Old 08-01-2022, 02:28 PM   #23
OBLIGATED

Most of my bites were Mangrove snapper H&L fishing.Had a black grouper bite through a glove and chew me pretty good pulling it out of a hole.Moray bite on two fingers slashed to the bone.Baby Barracuda missed some finger mullet and got my big toe.A couple Bluefish bites when they ran heavy off Dania.
Buddy of mine had a big triggerfish he had on a stringer bite and stay attached to his ass cheek after coming up from a drift off Fowey Rocks.Another had a mangrove snapper grab his nipple through a T Shirt and tore him up pretty good.
Old 08-01-2022, 02:49 PM   #24
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Me and buddy were out fishing and I caught a slippery dick . Jokes aside, while trying to take off the hook (inside his mouth), this thing intentionally bent sideways to bite my thumb. I yelled 'Ow, this thing bit me'. My buddy looked at me like I had another head growing out of my shoulders and said 'gimme that thing'. He attempted then yelled 'Ow, he bit me too!'. I said 'throw that thing outta the boat before someone else gets hurt!'.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 04:55 PM   #25
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Me and buddy were out fishing and I caught a slippery dick . Jokes aside, while trying to take off the hook (inside his mouth), this thing intentionally bent sideways to bite my thumb. I yelled 'Ow, this thing bit me'. My buddy looked at me like I had another head growing out of my shoulders and said 'gimme that thing'. He attempted then yelled 'Ow, he bit me too!'. I said 'throw that thing outta the boat before someone else gets hurt!'.
When I lived in Florida I collected tropicals for my tank and for friends.Got more punctures and stings catching tropicals than I did spearing.Morays were the biggest pain and eventually anyone that asked me to catch a baby for the tank was told NO!Had a chainlink eel that was stunning but like most eels the find a way out of the tank.Some in petshops go from tank to tank looking for food.Mine found the carpet.
Mantis shrimp are nasty too.
Old 09-30-2022, 08:43 AM   #26
mdlark

I found a wolf fish about 2 1/2 or 3 feet long. It looks like a silver cusk. The cusk is very harmless and good to eat. This was my first time seeing a wolf fish. It looked good to eat too. They are but this thing turned in defiance as I got near. I had a 3' home made pole spear, a no barb, lobster tickling flounder gig. I stuck it it's open mouth thinking to run it through. Easy, I thought. It went in alright, the fish swam up the spear and bit my hand. It wouldn't let go. They're really strong. I had a Viking dry glove on and pulled it off to free my hand. The fish swam away with the glove. The wool liner was pulled half off. I swam after it, needing the glove, and spear. The glove was slowly sinking a few feet away. I put it back on. I'd wounded it. I thought I should get it rather than a shark. I found the spear and went after it.
It swam down the side of this underwater plateau under some rock. When it saw me it turned in defense with it's mouth open again. I saw the spear had exited through thin flesh under it's chin. It wasn't hurt. I swam away keeping an eye on it because it looked as if it would come right after me. Later, my thumb nail turned black and blue. Good thing the water was so cold because it really hurt. Oh well, I had to settle for lobster rolled up in flounder, baked with Newberg sauce and bread crumbs..
Good thing it happened. When I went to the top of the plateau there was another, much bigger one. A real trophy. I'd have tried for that had I seen it first but that one was big enough to mess me up. I kept away from it. They've since become an endangered species you're not supposed to take here. Just as well. They're strong, aggressive, and primitive like a snapping turtle. I know someone who got one. Swimming in he felt a bad pinch. The thing was biting his calf through the catch bag and 1/4in wet suit.

Last edited by mdlark; 10-05-2022 at 08:20 AM.
mdlark is offline   Reply With Quote