Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > Non-Gun DIY Projects and Customizations

Non-Gun DIY Projects and Customizations This section is for your DIY spearfishing projects and customization other then spearguns.

Old 06-11-2018, 11:02 AM   #1
MATTNEW2SPEAR22

Custom gear/gun components

Hi guys as I said I am new to this site and am still learning every day on this awesome sport. I own a small CNC (mill) machine shop. I can make a very wide range of components out of aluminum, stainless steel, brass, plastic etc. Very rarely do I make things just for fun any more. That being said I was wondering if anyone had any ideas or need a custom part for dive gear or spear gun or other. I can make extremely high precision stuff if need be for fit and function. If anyone has any ideas let me know(drawing with dimensions would help). I am not looking to make money on this, just looking for a project to do that would be fun to take part of. I have quite a bit of leftover material from jobs I've done over the years so there wouldn't even be a material cost for me. If anyone has any ideas hit me up and hopefully it will be a doable project that can be shared on the forum so everyone can be involved. Wasn't really sure where to put this post so I put it on general and also on DIY threads. If anyone can set me strait on where to put posts like this in the future that'd be cool too.
MATTNEW2SPEAR22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 04:16 PM   #2
Rusty Shackle

Re: Custom gear/gun components

I would be like a kid in a candy store with my own CNC machine (depending on the type). I would start with a sliptip then move on to some kind of cool looking GO-Pro mount then maybe a kill spike, flashlight mount, dive knife, throwing stars.... I could go on and on. Everything made out of stainless or something exotic like titanium, Incanel or copper-nickel.
Rusty Shackle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 02:10 AM   #3
Mikel_24

Re: Custom gear/gun components

Depending on what do you actually want to build, if we are talking flat surfaces that then get bent (say, muzzle pieces, trigger guards, camera mounts, etc.) it is usually better to plasma/laser/waterjet cut instead of milling. You can do it with a mill, but it is not cost efective.

3D stuff... now we are talking!
Mikel_24 is offline   Reply With Quote