Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > General Topics (Non-regional) > Technical Spearfishing

Technical Spearfishing Technical Scuba diving is generally defined as going deeper than 130 feet. You must have the proper training for this extreme aspect of spearfishing.

Old 07-30-2016, 03:25 AM   #1
Flogger

Spearfishing with Aquascooter as600

Hi guys , first of all i am a new guy in this forum, and sorry for bad english.

I had an aquascooter two months ago but its a old one. As i see, its an arkos made and as600 model (written on the top of item )
I had encountered some problems. Try to solve myself but its look like take my time. So here is the problem , its working fine outside of the water. But put in the sea, things change. i put some accelerator while working its becoming clogged (maybe less fuel ) and stopped. If i not insist on accelerator and pull my finger back it revealed and slowly down to idle speed. If i accelerate slowly some times working great at full speed but a minute only. Then it makes back and forth movement and its very hard to control. Just a matter of small time after then stops. If i release the accelerator slowly, it back to idle speed. Working idle speed with no problem so far.
I have a second issue also. I use aquascooter at sea level. If i try to use at beneath my body, it stops. It stops but major part of the snorkel still above the sea level. Just dipping aquascooter to 20 cm could stop it. Why ?

I am investigating and find something can help. But really don't know can i handle. I am getting suspicious about carburetor may have residue twostroke oil have been sticked already to the fuel needle or diaphragms. I red something about in service manual it happens long time storage with fuel in carburetor. Gas become vaporized and residue oil sticks and clogged the needle.

My intention is dismantle the carburetor find the needle and cleaned it. If anyone who encountered this problem before and give some advice, it surely been welcomed. Thanks

LG-D802 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi
Flogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 05:33 AM   #2
e.m.p!

Re: Spearfishing with Aquascooter as600

Hi there,

Sounds very much like a carburetor issue. Best thing is to clean it and get some high quality marine grade 2 stroke oil to get it running.
For your second issue – check the seal on the exhaust. The suction cup (and spring) must be replaced regularly (instructions say once a year, but I guess this depends on use) if it's flat it may be that water gets up the exhaust with increasing water pressure. Also, check the blue tube going from tank into the air chamber. It needs to be dry and clear for regulating the pressure in the fuel tank. Another thing could be to check how much water gets in through the front lid, you may accidentally flood it?
There's an italian spearo forum (pescasubapnea?) that have a whole crew dedicated to aquascooter issues and great concepts for tuning. I haven't had any issues with mine, but I bought it from new, so fingers crossed I won't have any problems soon. Good luck
e.m.p! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 01:27 PM   #3
Flogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by e.m.p! View Post
Hi there,

Sounds very much like a carburetor issue. Best thing is to clean it and get some high quality marine grade 2 stroke oil to get it running.
For your second issue – check the seal on the exhaust. The suction cup (and spring) must be replaced regularly (instructions say once a year, but I guess this depends on use) if it's flat it may be that water gets up the exhaust with increasing water pressure. Also, check the blue tube going from tank into the air chamber. It needs to be dry and clear for regulating the pressure in the fuel tank. Another thing could be to check how much water gets in through the front lid, you may accidentally flood it?
There's an italian spearo forum (pescasubapnea?) that have a whole crew dedicated to aquascooter issues and great concepts for tuning. I haven't had any issues with mine, but I bought it from new, so fingers crossed I won't have any problems soon. Good luck
Thanks for the reply. As you say, its like possibly exhaust valf and carburetor problem. Try to order new valve but its somehow difficult to get spare parts from Italy. Thinking dismantle the carburetor but the valve in the first line. I am sure there is no water in the air chamber. Hoses and seals looking good. Maybe gas hose needs to be changed. Also, I can't find anything helpful in italian spearfishing forums about aquascooter. English translation of italian forums inconceivable. I will also attach some photos of aquascooter, while i work on it. Thanks again.

Old 08-13-2016, 06:50 PM   #4
agbiv
Spear, cook, and eat fish

All good advice but also try some Seafoam in your fuel--works wonder on boats, lawn mowers, weed eaters and chainsaws--should do a good job clearing out crud in the scooter's innards.
Old 08-14-2016, 05:58 AM   #5
e.m.p!

Order your parts from Germany: http://aqua-scooter.de/goshop/catalo...x.php?cPath=37

And here's the forum I was talking about – takes a while to read through, but chrome's translate add-on does a decent job with it.
http://pescasubapnea.forumfree.it/?f=7475487
e.m.p! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 06:59 AM   #6
kmoose
Team Headhunter

I bought one of these things brand new for playing on the river. They are very cool and work well for about 2 years and start having problems. We had a dealer but he gave up trying to fix them and finally stopped selling them as parts were a huge issue. Its all in pieces in my attic.

There are really great electric options out there that are very reliable and require much less maintenance. I would not consider an Aquascooter again as they just don't last.
Old 09-26-2016, 11:28 AM   #7
Flogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbiv View Post
All good advice but also try some Seafoam in your fuel--works wonder on boats, lawn mowers, weed eaters and chainsaws--should do a good job clearing out crud in the scooter's innards.
I can't find anything named "seafoam " in local market. Would you offer same brandnames or different commercial callsign of material. Thanks in advance.

Old 09-26-2016, 11:32 AM   #8
Flogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoose View Post
I bought one of these things brand new for playing on the river. They are very cool and work well for about 2 years and start having problems. We had a dealer but he gave up trying to fix them and finally stopped selling them as parts were a huge issue. Its all in pieces in my attic.

There are really great electric options out there that are very reliable and require much less maintenance. I would not consider an Aquascooter again as they just don't last.
Most of users encountered some of problems listed above. I also curious about schematics of the item. If i have enough courage to dismantle it all the way. Maybe try. I will findout weakness of the item i guess.