Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Louisiana Council of Underwater Diving Clubs

Louisiana Council of Underwater Diving Clubs Information that relates to the LCUDC is posted here for discussion.

Old 09-12-2011, 12:23 PM   #1
Louis Rossignol
HELL DIVERS

2011 LCUDC Shootout

Port Fourchon, LA – September 16 & 17, 2011
1) Applicable Council Derby Board rules apply to the Shootout. The Shootout is open to Council Clubs and their members, retired members, prospective members, and Jr. members. Tickets are $50 each. You may commit via phones to Terry Migaud @ 504 833-1884 or 504 452-8942 or e-mail to tgmigaud@cox.net payable at the Shootout site. All divers must be known before 5 AM on Friday, September, 16, 2011.
2) Eligible fishes are: AMBERJACK, BARRACUDA, COBIA, GROUPER (any legal grouper), JACK CRVELLE, MANGROVE SNAPPER, DRUM, & MISCELLANOUS (no redfish, ocean sunfish, shark, red snappers, and any other fish that is out of season or ban or not allow under State and/or Federal Regulations) Cash prizes for 1st, 2nd, & 3rd places.
3) Awards for Club, Boat, King, Queen, Skin Diver, & Junior Diver (17 and under) (new for 2011), $100 cash prize for the most Lion Fish (if a tie, the prize will be split).
4) Boats can leave no earlier than 5 AM on Friday, September 16. All Boats must return to port on the 16th.
Boats can leave no earlier than 5 AM on Saturday, September 17.
5) All Divers must be committed before 5 AM on Friday, September 16.
6) All Dive Boats must display a dive flag while diving. The Council request that all boats and divers have fun, dive safe, have dive insurance, and yield to the wishes and desires of the oil rigs and work boats. That all divers enjoy themselves at Port Fourchon but use good common sense with dealing with the Marinas and the Fishermen.
7) Weight-in close on Friday 8 PM with some flexibility. On Saturday, the scales will close at 7 PM.
8) Ports for the Shootout will be limited to the Flouchon/Grand Isle area.
9) A $50 Calcutta for the largest fish shot. Money must be pay before 5 AM Friday 16. Winner gets the Cash.
Each diver will receive a Council Shootout T-Shirt, 3 raffle tickets for the fish sculptor by Lamar Ard (to benefit “Save the Rigs”, (the ticket will be pull just ahead of the awards presentation) 2 meals, beer and drinks for the meals. In order to insure enough food for the meals, it is requested that you commit as early as possible.
The Shootout site is located at Chris Moran’s Motel and Marina (same location as in the past) Call: 985 396-3900 as soon as possible to book your room. It is requested that you book for 3 nights: Thursday, Sept. 15 to Sat, Sept. 17. Plan to leave on Sunday morning in order not to drink and drive and stay over for the Party.
All money raised will go for the t-shirts, the meals, prize money, and $10 from each diver towards the raffle.
The awards are donated by Terry Migaud. The Council will donate $500. Each club is requested to donate $150 for the Shootout. Entrance prizes may be brought to the Shoot Out site.
New Most Lion Fish - $100 Prize, if a tie, the prize will be split. Details of how to handle the fish safely will follow shortly.

DISCLAIMER: "My spearfishing is entirely legal in the geographic area within which I dive. If you don't like my pictures, posts or website then don't look. I will NOT waste any more bandwidth on this board (or my valuable drinking time) to argue with you ass clowns about it".

http://www.TheRokZone.com/

http://www.HellDivers.org/
Louis Rossignol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:25 PM   #2
Louis Rossignol
HELL DIVERS

Re: 2011 LCUDC Shootout - Weather Report

It don't get no better than this,

WEDNESDAY NIGHT
SOUTHWEST WINDS NEAR 5 KNOTS. SEAS 1 FOOT.

THURSDAY
NORTHWEST WINDS NEAR 5 KNOTS BECOMING NORTH LATE IN
THE AFTERNOON. SEAS 1 FOOT.

THURSDAY NIGHT
NORTHEAST WINDS NEAR 5 KNOTS BECOMING SOUTHEAST
IN THE LATE EVENING. SEAS 1 FOOT OR LESS. SLIGHT
CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.

FRIDAY
EAST WINDS NEAR 5 KNOTS. SEAS 1 FOOT OR LESS. SLIGHT
CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.

FRIDAY NIGHT
EAST WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS. SEAS 1 FOOT OR LESS.
SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.

We'll be Burning Daylight
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Burning Daylight.jpg
Views:	827
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	159107  

DISCLAIMER: "My spearfishing is entirely legal in the geographic area within which I dive. If you don't like my pictures, posts or website then don't look. I will NOT waste any more bandwidth on this board (or my valuable drinking time) to argue with you ass clowns about it".

Old 09-12-2011, 12:28 PM   #3
Louis Rossignol
HELL DIVERS

Re: 2011 LCUDC Shootout

Council Members,

This year’s Shootout will be dedicated in Memory of Blake Terry (Lick em’ & Stick Em’). On one of the sleeves of the Shootout t-shirt will be “In Memory of Blake Terry”

At the Shootout, we will have a 50/50 raffle with the proceed going 1/2 to the Blake Terry Memorial Foundation and 1/2 to Baby Hank (Blake’s unborn son).
Donations: Blake Terry Memorial Foundation, non-profit organization for rescue and recovery of missing divers.
Make checks out to the: Blake Terry Memorial Foundation and mail checks to 853 Martinez Road, Thibodaux, LA 70301
For donations to Blake’s unborn child “Baby Hank” to Rachel Walker, the same address as above. Below please find additional information on the Foundation. As we gain
more information that will be forwarded to you.

Donations: Blake Terry Memorial Foundation, non-profit organization for rescue and recovery of missing divers.
Make out checks to the: Blake Terry Memorial Foundation and mail to 853 Martinez Road, Thibodaux, LA 70301
For donations to Blake’s unborn child “Baby Hank” to Rachel Walker, the same address as above.

Dr. William Stein of UNO will be on hand to collect any Tarpon and/or Lion Fish brought in for the research being done on the respective fishes.
Dr. Stein stated it is very important for his research on Tarpon that any size Tarpon can be valuable. His research already indicates that a population
of Tarpon may indeed winter in the Northern Gulf and they may use the platforms as part of their lifecycle.

The Lion fish research involved their age, their locations and what are they feeding on. Remember the $100 price for the most Lion Fish. In case of
a tie, the prize will be spilt. Please note for either Tarpon and/or Lion Fish, the location and the depth.

For Shootout commitments for donations, registration and/or Calcutta: tgmigaud@cox,net or 504 833-1884 or 594 452-8942

On “Save the Blue” we are waiting on information of where to send donations for tickets to the event on September 30.