Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

Old 11-10-2022, 03:14 PM   #1
Satdiver

Made a Double x double roller

Made a matching set of double x double rollers and couple of spearfishing knives. 135cm band stretch (overall length 154cm) and 120cm band stretch (overall length 138cm) all the parts including Torx bolts and inserts where designed and made for theses builds from Titanium grade 5. Ermes double roller triggers.
I use carbon strips with a carbon tube in these guns to stop flexing and also the tube helps with flotation.
The 135 gun is 4 loading. 9mm shaft.
Small gun is 2 loading. 8mm shaft.
Shaft speed from the 135 double roller is way faster than my 148cm inverter I made.
I believe the retraction of the puller system for inverter's is slower than a roller gun.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9944.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	163.9 KB
ID:	248649   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9945.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	153.2 KB
ID:	248650   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9946.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	153.9 KB
ID:	248651   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9947.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	248652   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9943.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	248653  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9942.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	151.9 KB
ID:	248654  

Last edited by Satdiver; 11-11-2022 at 10:34 AM.
Satdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 05:00 PM   #2
SEATUX

Re: Made a Double x double roller

....and all this was done in Bali !!

Very Nice !!
SEATUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 05:45 PM   #3
kavachi
the deeper the blue.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satdiver View Post
Made a matching set of double x double rollers and couple of spearfishing knives. 135cm band stretch (overall length 154cm) and 120cm band stretch (overall length 138cm) all the parts including Torx bolts and inserts where designed and made for theses builds from Titanium grade 5. Ermes double roller triggers.
I use carbon strips with a carbon tube in these guns to stop flexing and also the tube helps with flotation.
The 135 gun is 4 loading. 9mm shaft.
Small gun is 2 loading. 8mm shaft.
Shaft speed from the 135 double roller is way faster than my 148cm inverter I made and my Alemanni 135 Vela.
I believe the retraction of the puller system for inverter's is slower than a roller gun.
superb workmanship Paul - what a doggie quiver!

stoked all that time marinating in testing tank’s paying dividends, proving all the extra work fitting double rollers vs plain demultiplied is worth it when it comes to pulling the trigger on big dogs. Epic! Look forward to seeing what they put on the table

if somehow you have time would be great to see the loading technique used on those double bangers
kavachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 06:15 PM   #4
Satdiver

Hi Karachi, Thanks. I do have a video of loading the 135 double roller, But I have know idea how to upload it here.
Old 11-10-2022, 06:18 PM   #5
Satdiver

Hi Seatux, yes, Thanks
Hopefully will be able to test on some big dogtooth in the next week.
Old 11-11-2022, 04:10 PM   #6
kavachi
the deeper the blue.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satdiver View Post
Hi Karachi, Thanks. I do have a video of loading the 135 double roller, But I have know idea how to upload it here.
Youtube's nice cos can playback at decent resolution. Otherwise just stick it on yr Insta mate
kavachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 05:25 AM   #7
Mikel_24

Oh boy!!!! Everything in those pictures looks awesome.

I really like the detail in the kydex sheaths for the knives. As a suggestion, you could try to replicate the serration pattern from Spyderco or the VEFF serrations from CRKT, as they have proved to the the best out there for cutting rope.

Could you please ellaborate more on how you integrate the carbon tube in the guns?

Mikel
Mikel_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 08:05 PM   #8
Satdiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikel_24 View Post
Oh boy!!!! Everything in those pictures looks awesome.

I really like the detail in the kydex sheaths for the knives. As a suggestion, you could try to replicate the serration pattern from Spyderco or the VEFF serrations from CRKT, as they have proved to the the best out there for cutting rope.

Could you please ellaborate more on how you integrate the carbon tube in the guns?

Mikel
Hi Mike, I did find it extremely hard to grind the serrations even. You can see my serrations not so even.
I install a carbon tube in the gun to to stop the gun flexing with the force of the bands. The band setup for the big gun is quite a lot. It is 4 x 16mm bands through the front rollers and 4 x 17.5mm bands through the back rollers and another 4 x 17.5mm extra bands. After the routering, the Center of the carbon plates is also removed, the carbon plates and the carbon tube sort of looks like a H beam when the tube is epoxied in the gun. Also the tube helps with flotation. I also believe this helps in accuracy because no flexing of the gun. The bigger gun has more power than my 148cm band stretch inverter. (165cm overall length) this double x double roller is by far the most powerful gun I have tested. And has extremely good accuracy. I believe the pulley system is slower than a roller gun, this gives the advantage to a roller gun. But a roller gun is harder to setup to get good accuracy with a stopper tube.
Old 11-28-2022, 05:49 PM   #9
Marco

All I can say is WOW!

Love the design. Would love to see some videos of them. You should upload them to youtube and share the link here.

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work
Marco is offline   Reply With Quote