Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Tournament and Event Archives > 2004 Tournament Archives > Spearboard Open Archives 2004 > Spearboard Open Results

Spearboard Open Results Check here for the 2004 Spearboard Open Results

Old 05-25-2004, 08:04 PM   #1
Kirk Killebrew

Thanks to Aimrite Donor

I just wanted to say thanks to the donor of the AIMRITE gun I picked up at the SBO. I didn't see who donated it on the sponsor list. Although an exhausting two days from Jax to the Weigh-in, it was well worth it and we look forward to next year already. Going from a Biller SS 54 to the AIMRITE 52, I expect to put a few more points on the board next year. Consider this fair warning. HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-25-2004, 08:13 PM   #2
joel mcqueen

10 percent gun 90 percent shooter
joel mcqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 08:48 PM   #3
Spear One
Retired Comm. Shooter

Rogers on that! 99% of spearfishing is between your ears!

Manufactured By: Spearfishing Specialties (727)-548-7686

E-mail: oceanrhino@gmail.com Web: OceanRhino.com
Spear One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 08:54 PM   #4
Old Bateman

Quote:
Originally posted by Spear One
Rogers on that! 99% of spearfishing is between your ears!
Dang, I hate to hear that!

http://www.fishkillaproductions.com/#
Old Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 09:54 PM   #5
Spearooo

Aimrite

A little hawiian butter in the trigger never hurt no one....
Get back to us after you use it....
The Donor was most likely Rick.
mahalo
Spearooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 10:15 PM   #6
Sheri
So Little Time

Kirk, congratulations. Good choice. Aimrite themselves donated the Aimrite gun. In other words, patners Daryl Wong and Rick Bettua made the donation. Also, Daryl Wong was the donor of the Wong 50" enclosed track Florida Freeshafter (one of my favorites). Daryl and Rick have been incredibly generous, not just for this tournament, but for many others.....small and large, held all across the country (CA, MA, FL, HI, and others). They have a soft spot for juniors and like to encourage young people to get into the sport.

My opinion....like most other products, when there is a difference in quality, there is a difference in results. No matter what my level of driving expertise is, I can't make a Volkswagon perform like a Jaguar. The key to spearguns is the trigger mechanism. It determines how much band load your gun can withstand, how far and fast the spear will travel, etc. True...it won't make a difference in getting hogs that are sitting still, but it will make a big difference on landing elusive fish like blacks and muttons when you are forced to take longer shots.

Hey, Spearooo...good job!
Sheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 05:26 AM   #7
Steel Shootin'

Sheri is right, it was Rick Bettua and Aimrite, as well as Daryl Wong, who helped put that together. Great people to have as sponsors.
Old 05-26-2004, 10:52 AM   #8
Kirk Killebrew

Thanks again to Rick & Daryl. The great sponsors and dedicated volunteers made this an extraordinary event. I've fished many hook-n-line tournies, 1st spear. I've never seen every one who weighs in get a prize before, OUTSTANDING!! Although this is a very sweet gun, I've decided to trade up to the Wong mid-handle that I've been drooling over since I met Rick up at Atlantic Pro Dive in Jax Bch 6 mos. ago. I think this will be better suited for Scuba/Reef shooting in low to medium vis with bigger fish. Most of our grouper/snapper seem to know the range of a Biller and hang 6" outside that. Look for a future post of a fish with the OH S*#T look in his eye. Mahalo/Buenos Dias/Ciao. K