Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Miami and The Florida Keys

Miami and The Florida Keys Have a report, or want to discuss spearing in Miami or the Keys? Post here!

Old 05-07-2021, 10:11 AM   #1
Muay Thai
FL State & Nat Champ

2021 USA Freedive Spearfishing Nationals

2021 Spearfishing Nationals will be held August 12 out of Sandsprit Park in Stuart, FL. You must be a member of an official USOA club. There are 5 in FL: Miami Freedivers, South Florida Freedivers, Broward Longfins, Palm Beach Freedivers, & Florida Skin Divers Association. For anyone who may be interested, please see attached bid.

Scott
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Nats 2021 Bid.pdf (506.1 KB, 441 views)
Muay Thai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 07:40 AM   #2
Muay Thai
FL State & Nat Champ

Re: 2021 USA Freedive Spearfishing Nationals

Here's a little update on Nats:

Tournament planning's going great. I have over $9,000 worth of pledged gear so far from sponsors! My plan is for some prizes to go to the winners & some to go as door prizes to those who attend the awards banquet. The banquet's gonna be held at the Twisted Tuna in Port Salerno Friday night August 13th. Main course includes prime rib, blackened mahi, & chicken marsala. Plus, drinks (non-alcoholic), salad, vegetable medley, red potatoes, & dessert - all included for just $50 a plate! My hope is that the banquet ends up being not just for competitors & their guests but turns into a kinda reunion party for all those in the local freedive/spearfishing community including all PBF past & present.

In my effort to make this a great & memorable Nationals, I kinda forgot about the club (PBF)! So, I am currently working on a good meeting venue and we will have a club meeting very soon (hopefully sometime next week). We need to pay our annual membership dues & figure out who wants to do Nats (PBF gets 6 Teams from each Division - Men's, Women's, & Mixed). For those who don't want to compete but still want to be involved, there's plenty of opportunity to help out. We'll need a Tournament Committee, Tournament Chair, & observers on all boats day of the tournament.

Scott
Muay Thai is offline   Reply With Quote