Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Old 04-10-2010, 02:39 AM   #1
MMAGuy

Do you need an anchor guy?

I have been diving now since 2007, and I know I am not by any means a great diver. My PB fish is the halibut in my avatar, and that I am very proud of. I have in my short time diving seen two WSB, and taken no shots, and seen 0 YT. I am confident I have the ability to land one with the right opportunity. If you are in need of an anchor guy, please feel free to pm me. I am generally off Tuesdays and Fridays, but if I know a week or so in advance I can be off anyday. I will come prepared, with money for gas and any other expenses that come up for the day, beer of the captains choice, my gear neatly organized in a dive bag to not clutter your boat, and a good attitude. I wouldn't mind being the last one in the water, and I won't leave the landing at the end of the day until the captain is ready to go home to. I am 100% ok with getting skunked like I normally do, but coming home with more knowledge then I had before. I am also willing to pull anchor or do anything needed throughout the day to make things easier for the captain and other divers on board. I also have a truck and am willing to pick someone up if needed. Feel free to shoot me a pm, and thanks for reading!

Orca Competition dive team.
MMAGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:46 AM   #2
Bill McIntyre

Re: Do you need an anchor guy?

I never know a week in advance, but I'll try to remember the Tuesday and Friday.

My problem is that I have a hard time remembering who is available on which days. So many people have told me of their availability, but I can't get it all together without sorting through tons of emails, PMs, and threads. I guess I need to come up with a spreadsheet showing names for each day of the week.

If you had been with me yesterday, its not likely that you would have increased your count of wsb seen. I didn't see any, and neither did Dam and Mike.
Bill McIntyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:08 AM   #3
Brandiego
Team Fii

I don't know about about that anchor pulling thing for you. You seem a little frail to me.
Brandiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:34 AM   #4
dushanbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McIntyre View Post
I never know a week in advance, but I'll try to remember the Tuesday and Friday.

My problem is that I have a hard time remembering who is available on which days. So many people have told me of their availability, but I can't get it all together without sorting through tons of emails, PMs, and threads. I guess I need to come up with a spreadsheet showing names for each day of the week.

If you had been with me yesterday, its not likely that you would have increased your count of wsb seen. I didn't see any, and neither did Dam and Mike.

you should sign up for gmail (if you have not done so already), they have a build in calendar, you can share that calendar with all your dive buddies and let them make changes in it, they will update their availability dates and you dont have to memorize anything.
dushanbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 03:03 PM   #5
MMAGuy

Thanks for keeping me in mind Bill, even if its another day let me know, sometimes I can rearrange things on a few hours notice...

Shoot I know I am a tiny frail weak guy Brandon, don't have to rub it in my face!

Quote:

Old 04-10-2010, 06:32 PM   #6
Ethan kills
OG Troll

Don't hurt your footie's sweetheart!
Ethan kills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 07:38 PM   #7
Fernando8884
Fully Fernished

I have tapped this guy out so many times.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:08 PM   #8
freeride
Joe

Quote:

Dont worry Bill, I tried a few other spots after I saw you. Dove hard and had NO sightings, I think they just have not arrived yet. I got a water temp yesterday of 58 on average. In years past i have not seen any numbers until it was 62+
freeride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:23 PM   #9
Bill McIntyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeride View Post
Dont worry Bill, I tried a few other spots after I saw you. Dove hard and had NO sightings, I think they just have not arrived yet. I got a water temp yesterday of 58 on average. In years past i have not seen any numbers until it was 62+
We tried four more, and the last two had good vis and lots of bait.

I think they've arrived, but just not in any numbers. I hear of individual tankers being taken the day before or the day after I was at a spot, but only two have been taken from my boat, and I'm diving with young guys a lot better than I am. If you put in the time, you may get lucky, but it doesn't seem like its even close to a sure thing yet.
Bill McIntyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:28 PM   #10
MMAGuy

Going to add a few things that might matter to some people.. I don't smoke or chew, and I will never show up without the money and beer I am asked to.

Old 04-21-2010, 07:53 PM   #11
Fernando8884
Fully Fernished

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMAGuy View Post
Going to add a few things that might matter to some people.. I don't smoke or chew, and I will never show up without the money and beer I am asked to.
You can come on my boat, it's small, inflatable, and I purchased it from Wal-mart for 20 bucks. No anchor pulling needed just paddling. All you have to bring is some root beer and you are covered.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:56 PM   #12
MMAGuy

Shoot lets take it to cat Fernie

Old 04-21-2010, 08:39 PM   #13
Fernando8884
Fully Fernished

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMAGuy View Post
Shoot lets take it to cat Fernie
Like I said you provide the root beer and I am down.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:41 PM   #14
MMAGuy

I'll buy the root beer, now for a chase boat.

Old 04-21-2010, 08:48 PM   #15
SDMF
Grab life by the gills!

Chase it with your kayak!

http://makospearguns.com/
SDMF is offline   Reply With Quote