Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Recipe Corner > Recipes Here!

Recipes Here! Here's your little corner to demonstrate your culinary skills.

Old 07-17-2019, 11:01 AM   #1
TheKeeneroo

Garlic Sesame Verm & Spicy Edemame

Fun little recipe that's SUPER easy to do at home and TASTY! The best part of this recipe was figuring out a fun way to plate it. My wife just surprised me with 4 new plating plates which are going to be featured in future recipe posts Outside of sushi and stir fry, I don't do much Asian inspired cooking. Figured I'd give it a shot with a Verm I recently got down in Big Sur. Recipe below.

I recently showed Jose how to catch a Verm by aspetto diving and scratching rocks. We were supposed to mean mug by the flower fields for a funny photo but he couldn't contain his stoke on getting his first Verm!

[glow=red,2,300]RECIPE:[/glow]

Vermilion Fillets - minimally season. Use Sesame oil in pan for cooking fish. Right before they are finished add some soy sauce to the pan. I garnished with some Italian parsley from our herb garden.

Gyoza - cook according to packaging instructions... I'm not dedicated enough to make my own yet. :P
Brown Rice with butter, shredded seaweed and sesame.

Spicy Garlic Edamame
- Get a pan nice and hot, add a high heat oil like canola or avocado, and then add sesame oil as well (about 1:1). Add in chopped but not minced garlic, let it start to become fragrant and right when some of the garlic is starting to brown, add the strained, thawed edamame. Sprinkle in chili flakes and some chili powder. Add an unhealthy amount of coarse salt. Keep the edamame from burning on the high heat but let the shells begin to brown. Right at the very end, sprinkle a small amount of sugar over the edamame and about 2 tbsp of low sodium soy sauce. Toss a few times and serve warm.

Spicy Mayo - Mayo, Sriracha, sesame oil, water
TheKeeneroo is offline   Reply With Quote