Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > International Tournaments > CMAS World Freedive Spearfishing Championship

Old 09-08-2021, 02:27 PM   #1
Ramon
Ramon

Thumbs up (Solved) Cpto of the world pescasub discriminates against women Sardinia

El campeonato del mundo de pescasubmarina individual masculino y femenino en Cerdeña discrimina a las mujeres, han organizado no se quien es el diseñador de la zona, pero creo que se han pasado han metido a las chicas en una encerrona absurda, si no quieren que cojan pescado señores no organicen un campeonato de este calibre.
Una zona pobre de pescado un arenal, pero lo peor es que les quitan los peces de arena a 50 metros del arenal hay piedras y todavia estan pensando en alargarlo porque el equipo femenino Italiano se ha quejado y se lo piensan en alargar 1 kilometro.
Ademas prohibido el pez de arena, profundiad que pueden pescar a partir de 14 metro y tienen que pescar a partir de 16 metros hasta 38 metros en un arenal 90% de arena y un 10% de piedra
Una encerrona absurda, una cagada, una estupidez diseñada por un ignorante de la Federación Italiana de Pescasub, con un seleccionador mal asesorado, no se en que piensan o han pensado.
A una semana del campeonato se estan pensando en ampliarles la zona ratonera sin pescado sin pescado de 300 gramos, ni mas grandes.

<º))))><

The men's and women's individual underwater fishing world championships in Sardinia discriminate against women, they have organized I don't know who the designer of the area is, but I think they have gone too far, they have put the girls in an absurd confinement, if they don't want them to catch Gentlemen fish do not organize a championship of this caliber.
A poor area of ​​fish is a sandy area, but the worst thing is that they remove the sand fish 50 meters from the beach there are stones and they are still thinking of extending it because the Italian women's team has complained and they are thinking of extending 1 kilometer.
In addition, sandfish are prohibited, they can fish from 14 meters deep and have to fish from 16 meters to 38 meters in a 90% sand and 10% stone sand
An absurd trap, a shit, a stupidity designed by an ignorant of the Italian Federation of Fishing Sub, with a poorly advised coach, I do not know what they think or have thought.
One week before the championship, they are thinking of expanding the mousetrap zone without fish without fish of 300 grams, or larger.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	229493769_110763487921889_2525230552114403458_n.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	247293  

Last edited by Ramon; 09-19-2021 at 02:30 PM.
Ramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 05:23 AM   #2
Ramon
Ramon

Re: in the Cpto of the world pescasub discriminates against women Sardinia

After complaining to draw attention to the end they have realized the error and have solved it.
They drew an area for the girls on a map and the Captain of the Italian team did not know about the move, there is already a small change for the girls in the competition area. La Ratonera de las chicas ampliada The girls' mousetrap enlarged

ITALIANOS SIC
10 de septiembre a las 21:40 ·
NOVITA' IMPORTANTISSIME DAL CAMPIONATO MONDIALE DI PESCA IN APNEA DI ARBATAX 2021
A seguito delle numerose lamentele da parte delle atlete sono stati modificati i campi di gara.
In sostanza la modifica più significativa è l'ampliamento del campo sud femminile, in una area che verrà condivisa con gli uomini.
A seguire le nuove indicazioni fornite dall'organizzazione dell'evento:
Campi gara: Zone A.B - Zona Maschile e Femminile Condivisa - Campi Nord
Blue Points = Forbidden Channels (1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9)
Green Points = Women Zone (G-H-I-L-M-N-O-P)
Red Points = Men Zone (A-B-C-D-E-F)
Forbidden Channels
1 N39 57.182 E9 41.660
2 N39 57.430 E9 44.143
3 N39 56.072 E9 44.233
4 N39 56.044 E9 43.020
5 N39 59.251 E9 41.712
6 N39 59.614 E9 41.879
7 N39 59.553 E9 44.001
8 N39 59.182 E9 44.026
9 N40 01.465 E9 42.602
North Women Zone
G: N39 59.251 E9 41.712
H: N39 59.230 E9 42.724
I: N39 57.658 E9 41.527
L: N39 57.722 E9 42.742
South Women Zone
M: N39 50.666 E9 41.604
N: N39 50.666 E9 42.322
O: N39 49.089 E9 40.982
P: N39 49.066 E9 41.758
North Men Zone
A: N40 01.465 E9 42.602
B: N40 01.504 E9 43.871
C: N39 51.818 E9 41.792
D: N39 51.862 E9 44.495
South Men Zone
E: N39 43.653 E9 40.880
F: N39 43.653 E9 43.3
Shared Zone Men Women
W: N39 51.821 E9 42.678
M: N39 50.666 E9 41.604
N: N39 50.666 E9 42.322
Old 09-19-2021, 01:43 PM   #3
Behslayer

To me there is a larger picture?

If it's that difficult to even catch a fish... It seems to require 40mtr+ dives and many worldclass divers have not even caught a single fish.. maybe they should be focussed on improving their fishery for the future generations, not inviting the best divers in the world to come there and finish off the last remaining Sardines? Come on... Challenging diving is one thing, but putting extra pressure on an already collapsed fishery.. who should support that?
Behslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 01:59 PM   #4
Ramon
Ramon

Sir, that area is like this, it has always been that way with little rock, a lot of seaweed, a lot of sand and little fish, the best in the world go to a World Cup, the most prepared, excuses are unnecessary.
Old 09-19-2021, 02:35 PM   #5
Behslayer

I'm just saying that imagine you are a local diver from that area.. ofcourse there were more fish in the past.. now you need to dive 50mtrs.. to maybe catch something. Then bring divers from all over the world to further decimate the fishery for a competition? Doesn't make sense? Anyways I hope everyone is safe. 50mtrs and Aguatto technique of fishing is almost impossible to Safety your buddies. The Freediving community tries so hard to exemplify Safety in their World Cup. But I see this particular Spearfishing competition as a little reckless in Safety and Stewardship. My own personal opinion.
Old 09-19-2021, 04:20 PM   #6
Ramon
Ramon

Bueno Yo no soy de Cerdeña, ni Italiano opinar se puede opinar lo que quieras, ya lo he dicho esa zona es así siempre ha sido de poco pescado, se hace una zona de pesca pero nadie está obligado a pescar donde su capacidad no se lo permite o su forma de pescar..

Well, I am not from Sardinia, nor do I have an Italian opinion, you can give your opinion what you want, I have already said that that area is like that it has always been little fish, a fishing area is made but no one is obliged to fish where their capacity does not know it. allows or his way of fishing .. There have been 3 championships organized by Italy and they have been like that. That is why it is better to speak with knowledge of the cause.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1632085922860.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	247325  
Old 09-19-2021, 07:01 PM   #7
Behslayer

I think we are getting lost in translation. We both agree on some things here.
Old 09-19-2021, 07:19 PM   #8
Ramon
Ramon

I think so, sorry
Old 09-20-2021, 01:31 PM   #9
Behslayer

comments from Team USA diver:

"I've never seen such a desolate or difficult fishery in my life. 5 of the 50 competitors had to be Hospitalized."

Ramon, my understanding is that CMAS does not allow the divers to have a safety spotter? This is one of my issues.. Imagine if in the Freediving World Cup they were not allowed to use a Safety Spotter... ofcourse they allow and use. ALL of the Blackouts are brought up by Safety Spotters and many Loss of Motor Control do not get to the point of Blackout because the Safety Spotters take over the diver and bring them to the surface. My understanding is that in this competition the divers were making 50mtr drops... and then hunting. Why would you purposefully run a Spearfishing competition in such conditions? Is it any surprise that 10% of the Men's competitors are in the Hospital? We are trying to change the way people Spearfish because we have lost and continue to lose So Many divers, especially young divers.

Last edited by Behslayer; 09-20-2021 at 01:47 PM.
Old 09-20-2021, 04:53 PM   #10
North Star
Max

No one needs a trophy that bad. It is time for divers to boycott tournaments designed like this one is.
Old 09-20-2021, 04:59 PM   #11
svivian

I dove with an Australian at another tournament who competed in the 2016 Worlds in Greece where it was even worst. They had zones where they sank tanks to help cure the bends for the guys diving 180 to 240ft to hunt. If I remember correctly I think Ryan Myers lost vision in one eye for a short period during that one.
svivian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 07:27 AM   #12
Ramon
Ramon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivian, North Star, Behslayer View Post
......... + 3
Well I have not started a topic to discuss internal affairs of the organization of a World Cup, the complaints to CMAS / FIPSAS

I have put a topic to INFORM about the discrimination that existed against the girls in their area of competence, which after the days of my complaint was solved, they expanded the area.

You can read it here: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...00002215264015

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...00002215264015

<º))))>{

Bueno Yo no he iniciado un tema para debatir asuntos internos de la organcion de un Mundial, las quejas a la CMAS / FIPSAS
Yo he puesto un tema para INFORMAR sobre la discriminacion que habia sobre las chicas en su zona de competención, que a los dias de mi queja se solvento, ampliaron la zona.

Puedes leerlo aqui
Old 09-21-2021, 12:34 PM   #13
Ramon
Ramon

I'm only going to comment on this, nothing more

Nobody forces any fisherman to fish to the depth that he does not want to fish.
Are there athletes better prepared than others? It depends on the waters that are accustomed to fishing or develop their training.
An athlete must know to understand his limits, capacity, mental situation, responsibility, if he does not know the capacity he can have accidents.
Nobody forces anyone to fish in the depths that do not reach. It is the responsibility of each athlete and his decision.
Old 09-22-2021, 02:26 PM   #14
Behslayer

Ramon, my Spearfishing partners are World Class freedivers. They train every single day at the highest level. They don't drink, smoke, they do Yoga at the highest levels, they train depth Freediving several times per week. They understand their limits, capacity, mental situation, just like all of the champion Freedivers who compete at the World level. But if you watch a World Cup Freediving competition, you will see the best divers in the world Black Out, and sometimes have horrible, debilitating, deep, Black outs. Here is an example. You have finally found a fish! It's in a cave at 180'.. You shoot it, and spend a few seconds untangling the line from the rocks. On your way up at 60' you have a Loss of Motor Control.. but who sees this? Your buddy who is in the water who has swam down to 75' to meet you and watch you carefully as you ascend? Nope.. because you are not allowed to have another person in the water.. right? Now here's another question for you. You finally find a fish. It's a Grouper. 15kgs. Tournament winning fish.. You shoot it at 180' and it gets tangled up. You need to make 3 subsequent dives to free it. What Freediving competition allows a Freediver to make 3-4 dives to 180' in one day let alone within an hour or two? With no spotter... It is time to change the Machoman Mentality which you define above. Training. Yes. Purposefully choosing places where the diving will be extremely deep and dangerous and not allowing proper safety. No.
Old 09-23-2021, 04:43 PM   #15
North Star
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behslayer View Post
Ramon, my Spearfishing partners are World Class freedivers. They train every single day at the highest level. They don't drink, smoke, they do Yoga at the highest levels, they train depth Freediving several times per week. They understand their limits, capacity, mental situation, just like all of the champion Freedivers who compete at the World level. But if you watch a World Cup Freediving competition, you will see the best divers in the world Black Out, and sometimes have horrible, debilitating, deep, Black outs. Here is an example. You have finally found a fish! It's in a cave at 180'.. You shoot it, and spend a few seconds untangling the line from the rocks. On your way up at 60' you have a Loss of Motor Control.. but who sees this? Your buddy who is in the water who has swam down to 75' to meet you and watch you carefully as you ascend? Nope.. because you are not allowed to have another person in the water.. right? Now here's another question for you. You finally find a fish. It's a Grouper. 15kgs. Tournament winning fish.. You shoot it at 180' and it gets tangled up. You need to make 3 subsequent dives to free it. What Freediving competition allows a Freediver to make 3-4 dives to 180' in one day let alone within an hour or two? With no spotter... It is time to change the Machoman Mentality which you define above. Training. Yes. Purposefully choosing places where the diving will be extremely deep and dangerous and not allowing proper safety. No.

Extremely well said.