Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Market Place > Member Items

Member Items This area is for members to list stuff they want to sell. This is not for retail sales.

Old 06-18-2021, 10:34 AM   #1
dirkbeachman
james dean

WTB: Shark shield freedom 7

Hey anyone selling?
dirkbeachman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 11:54 AM   #2
sharpshooter

Re: WTB: Shark shield freedom 7

I know you're looking for a used one. Just some info. I was told that new Shark Shields won't be available till late July or early August. That's why there's a shortage of new ones. Just like some other hard to find products. I had sent mine in for repair a few weeks ago. Mine passed the self test. It "fails" the Shark Shield tester unit that I bought. Green led fails to turn from flashing green to solid green. The 2 LEDs on the test box should alternately flash about every 1/2 second. That fails too. Other way to test is by turning it on in "salt water" and grabbing one of the two silver sections. I did it one time to see how strong a jolt I'd get. Unit was fully charged from the previous night. Sure "woke" me up. Bottom line is. Just cause the unit passes self test doesn't guarantee it's putting out an electrical field. Am glad I purchased the tester and test my unit prior to diving. Best of luck on your quest in finding a used one.
sharpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 12:35 PM   #3
JetBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpshooter View Post
I know you're looking for a used one. Just some info. I was told that new Shark Shields won't be available till late July or early August. That's why there's a shortage of new ones. Just like some other hard to find products. I had sent mine in for repair a few weeks ago. Mine passed the self test. It "fails" the Shark Shield tester unit that I bought. Green led fails to turn from flashing green to solid green. The 2 LEDs on the test box should alternately flash about every 1/2 second. That fails too. Other way to test is by turning it on in "salt water" and grabbing one of the two silver sections. I did it one time to see how strong a jolt I'd get. Unit was fully charged from the previous night. Sure "woke" me up. Bottom line is. Just cause the unit passes self test doesn't guarantee it's putting out an electrical field. Am glad I purchased the tester and test my unit prior to diving. Best of luck on your quest in finding a used one.
Never occurred to me that something like that could happen. Good to know. I plan on getting one as soon as they’re available.
JetBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 12:52 PM   #4
dirkbeachman
james dean

Hey Sharpshooter- wow! That's good to know. I wouldn't have thought of that. I have one but have only tested in bucket of salt water to see how long before going to red. Trying to add one more for family. Thanks!
Old 06-19-2021, 01:46 PM   #5
sharpshooter

Shark Shield Freedom 7 update. There's a new version. The old model is GU1000B and the new is GU1000C. The new one has shorter battery charging time. Led flashes to show battery life left. A few other changes. Just go on the website and look at the User Manual v2.3.. Just don't want anybody paying full price for the older model. Or if you see a lower sale price. It's probably the older model. You just have to look at the unit to see the model version.
Old 06-19-2021, 03:41 PM   #6
dirkbeachman
james dean

Hi Sharpshooter. thanks for the heads up. I'll check it out!
Old 06-19-2021, 04:39 PM   #7
Divedog

FYI. I too was looking for one of the newer model SS with no luck. I ended up ordering one back in March and was told it will be back order because of the transistor shortage. the about a month later I received an email saying there still waiting for some kind of capacitor thingamajig. Got another email from them about three weeks ago saying mine shipped but might get held up for a little while in customs. I still dont have it. some of the commercial urchin and cucumber divers out of Santa Barbara and Ventura tell me they are seeing alot more of the "man in the grey suit". Sightings both topside and while diving. Scares the hell out of me so I ordered one but again, still waiting. Now I think I should probably add to my order one of those testers.

Steve
Divedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 04:49 PM   #8
sharpshooter

It's called a multi device tester on the website for $49.95. Of course, OUT OF STOCK.