Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Off Topic Area

Off Topic Area Enjoy a virtual beer at the bar, and talk about anything else on your mind that may not pertain to spearfishing.

Old 06-07-2020, 08:27 AM   #1
aue-mike

How to find shipwrecks!

Interested in learning how to find accurate shipwreck coordinates to dive and fish? Check out this video to learn how to access a very useful database.

https://youtu.be/-iYKFnDVITM

During the COVID-19 lockdown, I watched quite a few cool instructional and entertaining videos by my diving friends to help break the monotony. I've finally gotten around to doing one myself to help contribute to the cause. But this is for an even greater cause, as I see shipwreck exploration literally fading away before my eyes. The passion and desire for discovering, exploring, and identifying shipwrecks has all but evaporated--save a few pockets of effort here and there in the United States. So, I am going to try to reignite that passion by sharing some useful tools and resources to help find and dive (or fish!) shipwrecks. This first video shows how you can compile accurate shipwreck coordinates for many areas around the United States. No more combing through inaccurate hang numbers or dealing with bogus, phantom wrecks in many areas. There is so much information on this site, but I am starting with just the easy, straight-forward data and illustrate how we used this data to find the WILLIAM H. MACHEN in literally minutes while chatting online. It's a brave new world! In future videos I am planning on demonstrating how you can easily research archival information for shipwreck events in a given area, how to compile and curate a shipwreck database, and how use Google Earth to help you find and identify shipwrecks. So, if you like this sort of stuff, please subscribe and share this video. If you have any questions, please add them to the comments section of the video and I will do my best to answer. Enjoy!
aue-mike is offline   Reply With Quote