Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Off Topic Area

Off Topic Area Enjoy a virtual beer at the bar, and talk about anything else on your mind that may not pertain to spearfishing.

Old 02-28-2022, 07:57 PM   #301
OBLIGATED

Re: Financial/Investments

Checked out a 36ft "project"sailboat a buddy told me about.After walking the deck and the wife peeking inside we decided it was a boat good for scrap lead and aluminum.Project and ready for the shredder evidently depends on who looks at it.With this economy pretty soon there will be more neglected or abandoned boats.
Day wasnt a total loss because we got some coconut shrimp and grouper sandwiches at a nearby restaurant and it was 15 degrees warmer on Lanier.
Old 07-19-2022, 01:29 PM   #302
OBLIGATED

Thank You Mepps!I listened to your advice on not selling my PMs.
Old 07-19-2022, 02:57 PM   #303
OBLIGATED

Heres a picture to brighten the day since everything is in the toilet.Little male Frenchy from my bitches first litter.We are keeping him for stud.the other four will be sold unless I get too attached to one of the females.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lilstud.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	248251  
Old 07-19-2022, 06:49 PM   #304
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBLIGATED View Post
I'm not sure how to take this, Obli. The PTB have manipulated down the paper price whilst inflation rages. It's corruption on display. IMO, a good time to buy, even though the premiums remain high. It's been killing my PM stocks...but luckily I've been thru this before and have the dry powder and not burning up any margin.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 08:29 PM   #305
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I'm not sure how to take this, Obli. The PTB have manipulated down the paper price whilst inflation rages. It's corruption on display. IMO, a good time to buy, even though the premiums remain high. It's been killing my PM stocks...but luckily I've been thru this before and have the dry powder and not burning up any margin.
I had posted a while back that if PMs hit a certain point I would sell.Mepps chimed in and advised holding on to the physical gold and silver.I got my silver at 15-17 an ounce and gold at 1300-1400 an ounce.Premiums above spot are stupid right now so Im not buying.I may trade though.I have a 1938 K98 that was not scribbled on or refinished.Right now I have seen K98s going north of 2500 with some serial numbers not matchingWoolworths in Hollywood Florida used to sell them in whiskey barrels for 50 bucks.Garands were around 125.Wish I had bought more but coulda,shoulda,woulda.Right now Im debt free and just want to get some projects out of my hair and start looking for a little sailboat to spend a few weeks at a time further south during winter months.Wife keeps looking at new catamarans.I keep looking at little 30-32 ft sailboats around 30-40k.I have a hard time relaxing when I have bills or projects going.Debt free even if you are poor and debt free feels pretty damned good!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1200px-Hunter_310_sailboat_3384.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	144.7 KB
ID:	248267  
Old 07-25-2022, 08:54 AM   #306
OBLIGATED

https://youtu.be/Wdgpvdh2Hrk;)
Old 07-28-2022, 08:30 AM   #307
OBLIGATED

https://youtu.be/gS_af99MW6Y

Local shop was able to get a Glock 40 10MM MOS shipped for me.I have been trying to get one of these 10mm guns for over a year and everytime I call they have sold out.Going to get another Trijicon RMR and a chest rig to carry this hunting season.
At this point guns are a better investment than mutual funds and I enjoy shooting them.Now if I can get the Ruger Bisley 454 in 5.5 barrel I think my gun itch will be scratched for a while.
Old 08-08-2022, 04:51 AM   #308
Marcus

I'm reluctant to open my mouth but I do think if you have dry powder, the time is now to load up on some PM and PM miners. You can't go wrong on PMs, they're not going any lower to hurt you. PM miners are a little bit tricky but when the tide comes in...whoa. EXK, AG, PAAS, GORO, THM, TGB (My copper honey), WPM.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
Old 08-08-2022, 02:49 PM   #309
OBLIGATED

Quote:
I'm reluctant to open my mouth but I do think if you have dry powder, the time is now to load up on some PM and PM miners. You can't go wrong on PMs, they're not going any lower to hurt you. PM miners are a little bit tricky but when the tide comes in...whoa. EXK, AG, PAAS, GORO, THM, TGB (My copper honey), WPM.
My kid has 7 acres with a stream on it.Probably the only PM I will be trying to collect right now is the flake gold and possibly some BB size stuff.He bought a sluice box and I have my gear.Property has huge quartz boulders in his on pasture and black sand in the stream.At close to 2k an ounce I ll get the pump out and see what happens while the weather is hot.Guy I knew up here averaged about an ounce a month of fine gold.He was in the creeks EVERY weekend and long cold hours in a wetsuit to get it.Probably get more gold diving under rope swings or piers.
Old 08-08-2022, 06:23 PM   #310
Marcus

Quote:
My kid has 7 acres with a stream on it.Probably the only PM I will be trying to collect right now is the flake gold and possibly some BB size stuff.He bought a sluice box and I have my gear.Property has huge quartz boulders in his on pasture and black sand in the stream.At close to 2k an ounce I ll get the pump out and see what happens while the weather is hot.Guy I knew up here averaged about an ounce a month of fine gold.He was in the creeks EVERY weekend and long cold hours in a wetsuit to get it.Probably get more gold diving under rope swings or piers.
You been watching Gold Hunters? Seems attractive until you actually do it.
Old 08-08-2022, 07:51 PM   #311
OBLIGATED

Used to watch a TV Show on gold prospecting.I dont watch much TV shows now.Its dirty work but if you get a stream that has good cover you wont get heat exhaustion in the summer time.Idea is to run material through the sluice at the creek and throw it in 5 gallon buckets to be cleaned later on a rainy day.Panning sucks but if you get a couple grandkids running lots of material through a sluice you can accumulate enough gold to fund some toys or a few tanks of gas.
Old 08-15-2022, 02:22 PM   #312
Marcus

Quote:
TGB. I'm looking for a double from here. As always, do your own research.

https://stocktwits.com/symbol/TGB
The copper mine permit came thru. Volume is crazy. I'm hearing that this should be/will be a $10 stock.
https://www.fool.com/investing/2022/...soaring-today/

Geeesh...looking back on this thread, I reco SIGA back in November but didn't hold onto it.
https://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui
Old 09-18-2022, 10:22 PM   #313
OBLIGATED

Pretty bad when CDs and money market are the best bet on investing money now.FJB
Old 09-20-2022, 10:27 PM   #314
mepps1

Quote:
I had not seen this until now. I really am glad your didn't sell. I have a mixed lot. Bought some silver when it was stoopid cheap @ $13 a couple-few years ago. Bought some @ close to $30 hoping the gamestop zeitgeist would carry over. Bought some in between. Would buy now if a rental house I have for sale would ever close.

My selling price? Not priced in worthless dollars. Unless, perchance it paid off my mortgage.

Old 09-22-2022, 12:45 PM   #315
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepps1 View Post
I had not seen this until now. I really am glad your didn't sell. I have a mixed lot. Bought some silver when it was stoopid cheap @ $13 a couple-few years ago. Bought some @ close to $30 hoping the gamestop zeitgeist would carry over. Bought some in between. Would buy now if a rental house I have for sale would ever close.

My selling price? Not priced in worthless dollars. Unless, perchance it paid off my mortgage.

Paying off the mortgage is a big stress reliever.I had people tell me to buy another home and use the banks money.Now rates are up and people are scared to lose their investment homes.Pay it off and any debt and let the world and banksters go Fook themselves.
Now Im running like a chicken with its head cut off to get the remodeling outside done before winter.Im probably a few weeks out and the final caulking,painting and honey do list is done.