View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 03:51 PM   #5
stevencabo
tercermundista

Send a message via Yahoo to stevencabo
Re: cabo in shore report

I had some extra time this morning to go on a dive. I've been in the water a couple of times since my last post without seeing anything that was worth spearing. Mostly just small yellow snapper, small cabrilla's and pargos. Since my stock of fish depleted this week I decided to spear whetever small fry presented itself in order to build up my fish stock.
It was a good morning for a dive. Air was in the lo 80's, the water is probably around 77. The visiblity was so-so, clear in some parts and milky in others. I got the tiny pargo right away. As I was out in the water, a guy in an aluminum boat floated by and we had a nice conversation. He was out fishing with his son and also free diving for lobster. He had two in the boat. I kept swimming without seeing anything untill I saw antenas sticking up out of a crack. I fished him out and for down here I think it was a pretty decent lobster. Compared to what other people are posting up on spearboard, I really wonder if mine would even be legal in some parts.
I ate them both as soon as I got home so I'm back to square one, no fish in the fridge.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PC140145 (640x480).jpg
Views:	1705
Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	89486   Click image for larger version

Name:	PC140151 (800x600).jpg
Views:	1627
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	89487  
stevencabo is offline   Reply With Quote