View Single Post
Old 05-01-2021, 03:49 PM   #6
Markio
Shoot to eat

Re: Mako Competition Freediver Fins 10-11 w/ 5mm socks really tight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phychotics View Post
This is my first pair of freedive fins so I just wanted some feedback. I dive the Monterey area so I need 5mm or 7mm socks. Im a size 10.5 shoe, and their size chart says that a 5mm sock will use their 10-11 pocket. I put them on and theyre super uncomfortable, just sitting in my room for a minute or two with them on is not pleasant. Are they supposed to be super tight? Ive only used open heel scuba fins before. Im considering returning for the 12-13 pockets and if theyre too loose with my 5mm socks, then ill go up to 7mm which might be better for here anyways. Any thoughts? I really just dont wanna spend the return shipping as well as the shipping back to me but if I have to I have to.
Unfortunately, that's what happens when you buy online w/o trying them on.

No. Fins should not fit the way you describe them.

Uncomfortable fins are a problem. Cramping is the biggest hazard. You don't ever want your feet to cramp because it happens at the wrong time..

Some people however can dive in colder water with 3mill open cell booties.
But if you need 5mil..spend the money and return them.

Why do people buy equipment where fit is critical without trying them on is beyond me.
It is taking me 5 months to buy a pair of hunting boots because I have doubts about the fit between brands and I will not spend $500 unless I'm certain they fit me like a glove.

Cheers.
Markio is offline   Reply With Quote