View Single Post
Old 06-16-2021, 10:12 AM   #29
Muay Thai
FL State & Nat Champ

Re: 2021 National Spearfishing Tournament!

Congrats GR & everyone else who kicked ass in the FSDA State Championships, I hope to see all of you at the Nationals August 12th in Stuart, FL!

So far, tournament planning's going great. I have over $9,000 worth of pledged gear from sponsors! My plan is for some prizes to go to the winners & some to go as random door prizes to those who attend the awards banquet. The banquet's gonna be held at the Twisted Tuna in Port Salerno Friday night August 13th. Main course includes prime rib, blackened mahi, & chicken marsala. Plus, drinks (non-alcoholic), salad, vegetable medley, red potatoes, & dessert - all included for just $50 a plate! My hope is that the banquet ends up being not just for competitors & their guests but turns into a kinda reunion party for all those in the local freedive/spearfishing community including all PBF past & present.

In my effort to make this a great & memorable Nationals, I kinda forgot about the club (PBF)! So, I am currently working on a good meeting venue and we will have a club meeting very soon (hopefully sometime next week). We need to pay our annual membership dues & figure out who wants to do Nats (PBF gets 6 Teams from each Division - Men's, Women's, & Mixed). For those who don't want to compete but still want to be involved, there's plenty of opportunity to help out. We'll need a Tournament Committee, Tournament Chair, & observers on all boats day of the tournament.

Scott
Muay Thai is offline   Reply With Quote