View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 05:22 PM   #18
grey2112

Re: Video of our trips out for ARS and gags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson Brown View Post
Sweet vid Eric!

I was lucky enough to head back out to that spot on the Pelican on Saturday. Definitely not a shipwreck - the bottom is fairly hard all around, but there's just this one "spring-like" hole thru the limestone in the middle of a mostly flat area.

Judging by the way a couple of big amberjacks went flying down into the hole without slowing down, and didn't come back out, I'd bet there's a big cavern down there that probably connects to another hole not too far away. Why else would two AJs want to swim down there? They weren't being threatened.

This hole had no discernible inflow or outflow of water. We talked about these on the board a year or two ago, and people seemed to call them springs but I don't recall anyone being sure how they originated.

This one didn't really look like a sinkhole to me. It looked like something that at one time had water blowing out of it.
LOL - those AJs were HUGE and they did not come back out while I was watching - as much as I really wanted to go down into the hole I was not prepared (equipment, experience, balls) to do it. I've got a guy I dive with who used to do cave diving - maybe I can get him to do it one day with a video camera and powerful light.
grey2112 is offline   Reply With Quote