View Single Post
Old 03-05-2021, 02:03 AM   #156
popgun pete

Re: Double Roller Trigger for Pathos handle, Ermes Sub

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearq8 View Post
This trigger looks like it has an 8mm sear. I don't like that batch that came out. The shaft sear should be 10mm with a 5.9mm roller. Mario did a small batch of 8mm sears as he was able to use laser cutting (much cheaper). Results were not good with this and he finally was convinced to completely change the manufacturing to go with much higher accuracy EDM wire cutting. This allowed the use of full 10mm shaft sear. It also improved dramatically the tolerances as EDM is 10x or more precision. This is especially important in pin holes where the rotation on pin axis is critical. On your shaft sear I can see a pin for the front roller protruding one side more than the other which makes me think this is an 8mm sear rather than 10mm. With a 10mm sear there would be only about .25mm clearance each side before it reaches the box walls.
I only bought it to check it out as at the time there were no photos of the innards as it seemed to be a big secret with respect to the details. I don't plan on using it as I have quit making guns and nothing needs a transplant right now. The more parts that you have in a trigger mechanism the precision requirements go up as parts spacing and relative alignments become more critical and you can have a knock on effect. In the sixties and seventies guns were made simply to churn them out at affordable prices and Asian made stuff had yet to enter/pollute the market.

Just checking on my orders I purchased it from Planet Multi Store (PMS) in October 2018 and it arrived about a month later.
Ermes Sub Mechanism Double Roll STANDARD Item Number ERMES-00.0004.00

PMS had a special offer at the time on it, plus the ERMES-11.0009.00 - Ermes SUB KIT ASSEMBLY MECHANISMS STANDARD and the ERMES-11.0001.00 - Ermes SUB KIT cover COMPARTMENT WEIGHT STANDARD.

Last edited by popgun pete; 03-05-2021 at 06:24 AM. Reason: more info
popgun pete is offline   Reply With Quote