View Single Post
Old 03-10-2021, 04:22 PM   #1
musubi

S-Wing Foot Pocket Molding

I wanted to just create a thread for people to find in the future in case someone is wondering about whether the Cetma S-Wing foot pockets can be re-shaped and molded. The answer is Yes. I also found a helpful video online, which wasn't so obvious to find:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEeTIMw5jq0

What I did was wear two socks. Put the foot pocket on, then heat it with a heat gun. I tried to arch my foot more to stretch it in the right areas. I did not heat for as long as he did in the video. Then I used cold water to cool it off quickly. Quicker than the wet towels.

I had read that only Pathos foot pockets could be molded with heat and so I was concerned since the Pathos and Cetma's are made of different materials.

The only thing I need to watch for now is I have a designated left and right side. I'll mark it as such (see how long that lasts).

I've ran into others that mentioned the top of the S-Wing pocket being a bit tight or creating a hot spot. When I tried mine on, everything fit great except for the top, near the ankle. This molding fixed that.
musubi is offline   Reply With Quote